Just bought some Depends...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just bought some depends since I didn't have the cash to order online like I usually do. God, these things are paper thin! How can anyone even use them. Also, I think I ordered the wrong size to :( I got a Small/Medium bag and they fit, but the tapes don't come around to the front like my Medium Abenas did :(

And these waist linings are uncomfortable :( They itch my waist and all :(

Oh well, better then nothing I guess.

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
yeah, that's the down side of them, though they are more affordable than Tenas or other brands, they tend to have a poorer quality. I had a couple in my stash. Also sizes vary from brand to brand.

S

secretdl26

I guess you could stack them?
You are right in saying they are better than nothing, good luck!

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Find the thread about using a goodnight core to stuff the liner of a depends or other cheap diaper.

Bryce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can't use no more money and just buying these almost killed me :(

All the cashier (girl) said was nice shirt lol. I was going to try and get some powder and all but decided not to there.

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know its been said a million times, but it will get easier every time you do it. Eventually you'll wish you could still get that kind of rush you first experienced when purchasing or going in public.

diapernew2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Private
never been a depends fan, ill stick to the Abena-Xplus or even a molicare.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Congrats for buying something!

Depends ain't the greatest... but they'll do in a pinch. I buy some every now-and-again just to wear around the house... save the expensive diapers for when I'm going out.

If the tapes don't come all the way around the front, you are fine... they don't do that for me either. Remember these are Small/Medium, not just Medium... so they are going to be a bit... small.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well, its not that they're bad quality... they're supposed to be made for people who have mild incontinence, not for people with heavy incontinence. They don't need as much padding.

Correct, am I not?

Z

Zeit

they're supposed to be made for people who have mild incontinence, not for people with heavy incontinence.

I find that even the Max Fitted Depends aren't even great for anything beyond mild/moderate incontinence.

Just know your limits when it comes to Depends and don't overdo it. Capacity is an issue.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just go get a cheap bag of store brand baby diapers to use as stuffers. They will be much better this way.

Pamperable

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Depends work fine for me... not the greatest but still pretty fun =) They do leak a bit if I'm not careful but that's also part of the fun (with the dark jeans I have, when it's just in the crotch it's not very obvious).

wayward1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I have to agree. I am in a simaler boat.. could have bought online, but since I didnt have any and I didnt want to wait so I bought the depends max. very disapointing...lol
especially after I have been using molecares and abenas...lol . But as stated before... some is better than none... and I will probably stuff some of these. so no worries. an order with XP I will place next week.

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Well, its not that they're bad quality... they're supposed to be made for people who have mild incontinence, not for people with heavy incontinence. They don't need as much padding.

Correct, am I not?

Correct, you are. I can proudly say I've never *actually used any Depends brand diapers before, but from the stories about them I can only imagine how awful they are. Just out of sheer luck the first time I ended up getting CVS brand, and then after that, I read about how much Depends suck, or their lack thereof [and good thing, too, because I was thinking Depends, a big name brand, would be better than any of the others, plus, they're more expensive.] I'd say, if you can get the CVS brand, go with them. I've tried the wal-mart Attends or Assurance or something-like-that brand, and the Rite-Aid pullups, for store diapers, so far, and I found the CVS ones to be the best out of the ones that I had tried. Plus, they're either around the same price, or cheaper.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Why would they do that? Then those dependent on them would change less and therefore buy fewer packages.

As far as buying "crappy" diapers, I buy them all the time and make them work. Right now I am wearing a Kendal Simplicity Plus 3D. I bought them because they were cheap and they have only 1 tape on each side. I think I paid about $35 inc. shipping for 96 of them. I stuffed them with the core from Prevail Extra pull-ups, which I think I paid about $17 for 96. By themselves both of these diapers are crap. Together they hold more than a Molicare super. The kendal has a wide crotch and I love the 1 wide tape on each side. However, they have the absorbency of a paper towel as they barely hold 1 normal wetting. (I bought the "plus" ones, I can't imagine what the "regular" ones hold) The Prevail pull-ups are very poorly designed and leak with just a tinkle since the crotch is narrow, no leak guards, and a poor fit.

I ordered both around the same time and got them days apart. I tried them each and was very disappointed with them. By themselves I had 192 useless diapers. By ripping the core out of the pull-ups and using them in the Kendal's, (see Pamperchu's video on youtube) I have a diaper I am happy with that is, crinkly with single tapes, hold a ton, and cost less than store bought Depends.

Why am I rambling on about my diapers on your thread? Because we are in similar situation and there is hope for you Depends. I have always loved the way Depends fit. The drawback is that they are expensive, have a low capacity and a narrow crotch that is leaks easily. Search ads for your local stores to see who has baby diapers on sale. You don't need Pampers or Huggies, cheap store brands will do. You should be able to find some between $3.99 & $5.99 on sale. I recommend baby diapers because the crotch is narrow on them so they can go in the Depends without a problem. Also they should be easier for you to buy since you fear buying adult diapers.

So go turn lemons into lemon aid and enjoy your diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.