Not open for further replies.

Jossilyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
I don't know about ya'll but I LOVE juice boxes. Well I love juice period but the box just makes it so much nicer in my opinion.

Does any one know where I can get 8oz or larger juice boxes? The largest ones I could find that were actually in a box were the Apple & Eve and those are only 6.75oz.

I usually prefer water but for the last week or so I have been craving juice boxes like mad and its disappointing to sit down to the computer with a kid sized juice box and it be gone in a few sips. I know there is bottled juice that comes in larger containers but I'm just looking for ones in a box and a bendy straw on the side.

PrincenRoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Yes, that is rather disappointing. Several months ago, my neighbor had her little grandkids over for a while, and gave us her leftover Danimals (kid's yogurt drink) and juiceboxes--each was gone in three or four sips each. They seemed so much bigger when I was still in the single digits!

I'll be on the look-out for big people juice boxes; they've got to be around here somewhere...

Odl9791

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Maybe some of the juice companies need to do something like that for adults. (They're doing it for vitamins, right?) They would be better for the enviroment than the Gatorade bottles I throw out, and easier storage to. (Stackable).

BabyBeau

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I guess in theory you could use a regular tetra pack of juice and a straw. You know, the 1L ones.

Jossilyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
I guess in theory you could use a regular tetra pack of juice and a straw. You know, the 1L ones.

Thats true. I didnt think of that. The ones thinking of are these nectar juices we have and they come in a box that kinda looks like a chicken broth box.
Thats an awful lot of juice to drink in one sitting though.

BabyBeau

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It is alot of juice, but it might make you feel little, and you don't HAVE to finish it.

PrincenRoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I saw "milkshake straws" being sold at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They were big straws, like the kind you get with bubble tea, and I think they might have been bendy.

With a big straw like that, and a big carton of juice, then it would be like having a huge juice box. I think that those nectar boxes (I know what you're talking about, and they're quite tasty) would be a good idea, since they are re-closable. Perhaps you could leave the tin foil on the opening (the thing below the lid that you are supposed to pull off), and merely poke a hole through it for the straw, to make it extra authentic :p

Jossilyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
Thank you guys! Ya'll are awesome. I'll have to do that =3

Odl9791

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hmm, might have to look for those. But for now, for the fluids I need, I'll stick with the good old cans so I can slam them. Sometimes gets a little messy. :9

Jossilyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
Lol my mom doesn't like me drinking soda because when I'm done I normally chew the tab off and keep chewing it until its a small ball of metal. =p

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Seen the nectar boxes before as well (i think) and they are pretty decent. As for other juices, I haven't really seen large juice boxes to be honest. I know how it is though, not a juice box fan, but now and then I will buy the kool-aid burst (can't help it when they are cheap), and it seems like they disappear after like two swigs =/.

Jossilyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
I love juice. We never have juice in the house since its so expensive so I have to drink some at my grandmas house or get a few dollars somewhere. I hate apple and grape juice though. Ive always been more of a orange or pineapple juice drinker. You know the kind that comes in the huge cans? OH and I like spicy V8.. Kinda random but w.e lol

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Off-topic, but if you ever get the chance, Simply Apple (thats the name) is amazing apple juice. It isn't like the Mott's stuff or anything, but tastes like real apples, and is just apple juice and water (iirc). They also do orange and orange mixes as well. It spoils fast though.

Clamato could be worth checking if you like spicy V8, its much thinner then V8 with a bit of spice to it. Its pretty different from V8 though. I believe you can get Kern's brand of Tomato & Clam cocktail that isn't as good as clamato, but is usually much cheaper (I think its like .99 cents compared to 2.5+ for Clamato, granted Clamato is generally larger).

Jossilyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
I love the simply juice. Ive only tried the simply orange and grapefruit because thats what my grandma likes but Ill have to see if she can get the apple. because I like some brands of cider its just the tart taste im not fond of

Ive tried Clamato my mom makes bloody marys with it when she has partys. Its ok but its one of those things I need to be craving to fully enjoy

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Simply Grapefruit is amazing, I love it but have to be in the mood for it (due to the tartness). 100% cranberry juice is great if you like real tart stuff as well (that stuff will wake you up in a hurry xD).

Jossilyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
i like cranberry juice. I used to get UTIs alot when I wet the bed so we always had it in the house at one point or another so the tartness doesnt phase me for some reason but other things like lemons or even a green apple make me pucker

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Oh yes. Whenever I'm looking for a drink, I'm looking for something that's:
  1. In a container that doesn't get very cold.
  2. In a container that doesn't recycle.
  3. In a volume of completely inadequate size.
  4. Forces me to sip through a straw, taking slow, tiny sips.

Juice boxes deliver in spades on all accounts.

---------- Post added at 05:08 ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 ----------

Off-topic, but if you ever get the chance, Simply Apple (thats the name) is amazing apple juice. It isn't like the Mott's stuff or anything, but tastes like real apples, and is just apple juice and water (iirc).

Great stuff. If I buy a bottle and no other juice, it won't last 24 hours. That's with my fiancee's help, but still.

I love, love, LOVE apple cider. Don't know what the actual difference is between cider and juice. But the two are not at all the same experience.

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Great stuff. If I buy a bottle and no other juice, it won't last 24 hours. That's with my fiancee's help, but still.

I love, love, LOVE apple cider. Don't know what the actual difference is between cider and juice. But the two are not at all the same experience.

I can go through a bottle in usually 3 days if I'm really in the mood for juice, or I'm strict on a routine (which for awhile I was, as one point a few years ago I was getting headaches and stuff from lack vitamins I think, none the less juice helped get rid of them).

As for the cider, I believe it was a question on some game show just recently I think (probably Jeopardy but not 100% sure), but the difference generally is that the juice is filtered while cider is not. Though another site mentioned that the federal government doesn't actually acknowledge a difference between the two.

Basically if it is dark and has crap in it (not real crap of course, that'd be an issue), its cider. If its clean it is juice =P

Status
Not open for further replies.