Johnson’s zinc oxide cornstarch baby powder discontinued!

Vinylfeet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I love this stuff. I often wear 10-12 hours straight while wet and don’t get diaper rashes. This zinc oxide cornstarch powder is something I always use. Now they’ve discontinued it and it’s impossible to find. If you use it, please complain to Johnson’s from their web site. I‘m crushed that it’s gone. Im down to 1.5 containers and it’s over.

We can thank lawyers for the down fall of both zinc coated powder and talcum based powders

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and nwm
Well F***! Just when i find something i like this happens. Gold bond powder is an alternative, so is amens medicated powder (5% zinc oxide and a better value), anti monkey butt baby powder (but i think that is just calamine). The caldensene powder is expensive for the small container you get.... so i would search amazon for a multipack to get it cheaper

Well, you can blame Johnson and Johnson for the deception and negligence that led to the resulting lawsuits.

Reactions: Sheepies
I'm perfectly fine with potentially cancer inducing products being pulled off shelves. I'm glad J&J is being held responsible.

pampers4U said:
We can thank lawyers for the down fall of both zinc coated powder and talcum based powders
Sheepies said:
I'm perfectly fine with potentially cancer inducing products being pulled off shelves. I'm glad J&J is being held responsible.

Environmental Science guy here. You literally have to inhale large amounts of the stuff or use it in a manner that is incorrect(applying it directly into the vagina) to be at risk for cancer.

Reactions: KitsuneFox and pampers4U
quartz200420012 said:
Environmental Science guy here. You literally have to inhale large amounts of the stuff or use it in a manner that is incorrect(applying it directly into the vagina) to be at risk for cancer.
I dont think many people realize that, all it took was a few acute cases and rather then fight it, the company just folded the product, they will still produce the powder, its just not available in N America anymore.

The cancer risk was with talc. This thread is about cornstarch powder

Vinylfeet said:
I love this stuff. I often wear 10-12 hours straight while wet and don’t get diaper rashes. This zinc oxide cornstarch powder is something I always use. Now they’ve discontinued it and it’s impossible to find. If you use it, please complain to Johnson’s from their web site. I‘m crushed that it’s gone. Im down to 1.5 containers and it’s over.
Aside from physical stores, do you have any luck finding it through Amazon/eBay, if that's feasible for you?

The only way you can buy any now is to pay $30 a bottle to the gougers on Amazon. It’s out of stock everywhere.

So can someone explain the risk of the zinc in the powder? All I know is I never get diaper rash using it, even if I spend 12-14 hours in a wet diaper.

I don’t like other brands because I REALLY liked the exact small of this kind.

Sheepies said:
If you go California, the shelves would all be bare by the mentality.

It's got nothing to do with the Zinc Oxide. Johnsons pulled all products marked "Baby Powder," even the stuff that was corn starch based, after the last round of litigation due to their lying about asbestos in the Talc. It's not clear if it will return.

willnotwill said:
It's got nothing to do with the Zinc Oxide. Johnsons pulled all products marked "Baby Powder," even the stuff that was corn starch based, after the last round of litigation due to their lying about asbestos in the Talc. It's not clear if it will return.
So do you think Johnson’s will remove the rest of their powder lines

diapernh said:
So do you think Johnson’s will remove the rest of their powder lines
Nope. Too much profit in it. Expect Baby Powder to return (possibly with a new name). They're just dodging all the scummy lawyers "Did you or a loved one use Johnsons baby powder?" by eliminating that product name for a while.

Back