Johnson's talc powder question?

askmelater47

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi,
I absolutely adore talc powder, and Johnson's baby powder has been my goto once i realized how superior the feel of talc is.

So my question is... Has Johnson's changed their packaging on the original talc based powder?
I last bought powder like a year ago and its always been in a plain white container, but tonight when i went it seems like they may have changed it to a pink label, but i wasnt sure and didn't want to spend an hour in my local Wal-Mart comparing baby powder.

I am aware of the talc controversy but I am a male, and i find cornstarch to be grainy and insufficient, plus it aids yeast growth. Im not trying to discuss that here.

I have been using J&J's Baby Powder ever since I was born.

Over the last few months, I too have been unable to find J&J's Baby Powder in the original container. All I have seen is the pink label container.

Reading the label, I believe this was just a redesign of the container, probably due to the lawsuit.

I have no qualms about using the pink container. In fact, I am on my second container and have brought a third container. I haven't noticed any change to the powder itself.

Now that you mention it, I've only seen the pink lately. I couldn't talk about the contents, though. I generally don't use baby powder.

(I prefer 100%-pure powdered tremolite, not that talc-doped crud.)

Last edited:
Tremolite? Never heard of it.

Tremolite when fibrous is called asbestos.

DanielW said:
I haven't seen it in a pink container - The bottle I got last time has a pink tear-drop om the front though.
Right, yeah that's what I meant by pink container. Soo its still the same "original" stuff as the plain white container?

I usually use the corn starch lavender kind. It's always been purple. Smells less like a baby but still does the job!

askmelater47 said:
Tremolite? Never heard of it.
I was trolling. Sorry. Tremolite is one of the forms of asbestos that naturally occurs in/near talc, and is a talc-related cancer hazard. ("Do not recommend.")

Last edited:
Back