Johnson's talc powder question?

askmelater47

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi,
I absolutely adore talc powder, and Johnson's baby powder has been my goto once i realized how superior the feel of talc is.

So my question is... Has Johnson's changed their packaging on the original talc based powder?
I last bought powder like a year ago and its always been in a plain white container, but tonight when i went it seems like they may have changed it to a pink label, but i wasnt sure and didn't want to spend an hour in my local Wal-Mart comparing baby powder.

I am aware of the talc controversy but I am a male, and i find cornstarch to be grainy and insufficient, plus it aids yeast growth. Im not trying to discuss that here.

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I have been using J&J's Baby Powder ever since I was born.

Over the last few months, I too have been unable to find J&J's Baby Powder in the original container. All I have seen is the pink label container.

Reading the label, I believe this was just a redesign of the container, probably due to the lawsuit.

I have no qualms about using the pink container. In fact, I am on my second container and have brought a third container. I haven't noticed any change to the powder itself.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Now that you mention it, I've only seen the pink lately. I couldn't talk about the contents, though. I generally don't use baby powder.

(I prefer 100%-pure powdered tremolite, not that talc-doped crud.)

Last edited:

DanielW

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
  4. Private
Hi,
I absolutely adore talc powder, and Johnson's baby powder has been my goto once i realized how superior the feel of talc is.

So my question is... Has Johnson's changed their packaging on the original talc based powder?
I last bought powder like a year ago and its always been in a plain white container, but tonight when i went it seems like they may have changed it to a pink label, but i wasnt sure and didn't want to spend an hour in my local Wal-Mart comparing baby powder.

I am aware of the talc controversy but I am a male, and i find cornstarch to be grainy and insufficient, plus it aids yeast growth. Im not trying to discuss that here.

I haven't seen it in a pink container - The bottle I got last time has a pink tear-drop om the front though.

askmelater47

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I haven't seen it in a pink container - The bottle I got last time has a pink tear-drop om the front though.
Right, yeah that's what I meant by pink container. Soo its still the same "original" stuff as the plain white container?

Zorbid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I usually use the corn starch lavender kind. It's always been purple. Smells less like a baby but still does the job!

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Tremolite? Never heard of it.
I was trolling. Sorry. Tremolite is one of the forms of asbestos that naturally occurs in/near talc, and is a talc-related cancer hazard. ("Do not recommend.")

Last edited: