job struggles & lifestyle exploration

angelpup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
first, i hope everyone is having a good holiday season ❤️ wherever you may be.
second, i apologize if this post is a bit of a downer, as i feel like i lost my job today immediately after i disclosed my mental illness. like, i am in shock, i cannot believe this has actually happened before my eyes, hah. however, i feel like i am simply being pushed in the direction of self exploration and acceptance. I'm not quite sure where to go from here. has anyone ever been somewhat in the same boat? I'm just so lost, and would like some feedback/advice, if possible.
thank you for reading!

• Sad
Reactions: ShyBoo81, babyjoe698, warmfeeling and 1 other person

Noodle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
angelpup said:
first, i hope everyone is having a good holiday season ❤️ wherever you may be.
second, i apologize if this post is a bit of a downer, as i feel like i lost my job today immediately after i disclosed my mental illness. like, i am in shock, i cannot believe this has actually happened before my eyes, hah. however, i feel like i am simply being pushed in the direction of self exploration and acceptance. I'm not quite sure where to go from here. has anyone ever been somewhat in the same boat? I'm just so lost, and would like some feedback/advice, if possible.
thank you for reading!
That's a shame to hear.
Depending on where you live you might want to check your laws as in many locations firing someone on the grounds of a Disability or Mental Condition is illegal.

That said that is sadly the nature of life to throw you curveballs. All we can truly do is pick up the pieces and keep moving forward. As you said this is pretty much life pushing you in a new direction, as shitty as it may seem right now, but hold your head up high and weather the storm. Talk to your friends and family for support if needed and you'll see yourself in a new space before you know it.

Reactions: littleph0enix, angelpup, lilbabyjooce and 1 other person

LittleBabyJake

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
That's sad to hear. Mental illness often is not looked at serious enough. So overlooked sadly.

It might be some harsh advise but I'd try to "ground" if you know that you already lost the job. In major events, wich for me one of them was a burn out, of my life i say down and meditated for 30 minutes or longer. Especially when you've never done this it might take longer. Meditating is good to get rid of anxious feelings. The goal is to think of nothing. Absolutely nothing. When you're done meditating you have a fresh feeling. Use this feeling to rationalize your situation. Take pen and paper and write down where you currently stand and where you need to be in x amount of time. You can adjust the time constraint to your personal situation.

Then when you've written down your goals you can work at them. It all starts with acceptance of the current situation. If there is nothing you can do then you might aswell put your effort and energy into other things.

Ow, i make it sound easy but trust me, I've been there. I know it's hard. Don't ever forget your worth. Breathe deeply and ground yourself had helped me and i sometimes even do this to think things through. It has become something I've learned to do.

Don't know how long you've worked there but at the end of the day it's only a job. I'm a knob confrontational type. Though if people come at me i let them have it. That's where my advise comes from. If you're boss cannot take this serious then I'd say he doesn't have any business being your boss.

If there is something to be saved at your current job then still ground yourself and try to work on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: angelpup

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Whoa. I’ve had my share of ups and downs at work, but nothing directly comparable. Like @Noodle, I wonder if what happened to you might be illegal. In any case, you have my sympathies, @angelpup. I hope this proves to be an unasked-for nudge in a better direction.

Reactions: fleckothefennec and angelpup

Lumos

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Ooof sorry to hear about your job... I'm not sure where you're from, but in Canada, firing someone simply based on a mental illness is illegal.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
angelpup said:
i feel like i lost my job today immediately after i disclosed my mental illness. like, i am in shock, i cannot believe this has actually happened before my eyes, hah. however, i feel like i am simply being pushed in the direction of self exploration and acceptance
You 'feel like' you lost your job?

Don't know about losing jobs (that comes with the turf of work), but I know that I've been refused loads because of what people see.
It didn't used to bother me too much; I kind of accepted it as coming with the turf that is me.
And I had to look at things from their point of view and ponder the validity of prejudice and discrimination in the big picture.

angelpup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
ade said:
You 'feel like' you lost your job?

Don't know about losing jobs (that comes with the turf of work), but I know that I've been refused loads because of what people see.
It didn't used to bother me too much; I kind of accepted it as coming with the turf that is me.
And I had to look at things from their point of view and ponder the validity of prejudice and discrimination in the big picture.
i disclosed my disorder and thus got fired - and told i can come back later, whatever the hell that means, to try to minimize damage.
and yes. it's illegal and i will be suing haha, just really bummed that it's happened in front of my eyes.

angelpup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Cottontail said:
Whoa. I’ve had my share of ups and downs at work, but nothing directly comparable. Like @Noodle, I wonder if what happened to you might be illegal. In any case, you have my sympathies, @angelpup. I hope this proves to be an unasked-for nudge in a better direction.
thank you! 😊

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
angelpup said:
got fired - and told i can come back later,
That old chestnut. Employers usually do that on purpose just to mess up people's lives (like with chaotic shifts); it tends to leave you in a bureaucratic limbo which can have serious effects if you're claiming social insurance.
Were you 'permanent' or temporary (agency, fixed term, etc)?

I got into the habit (as a lot of us have, by the looks of it) of stocking up, whilst in work, for those periods of unemployment when you have the time, but not the money.
It was just happenstance (that of a pre-internet era) that those times were also the times of my exploring what I was [in my things for things].
There's a lot of dissatisfaction and disappointment with that, in finding out that the things which you're 'supposed' to like (by popular decree) aren't quite for you. It can also be fun finding out, though; moreso nowadays, with the ready availability of image recording devices (you can at least record your trials and errors, for fun, but also as memory aides).

babyjoe698

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
That is illegal to fire you for a disability. I was suffering depression and anxiety issues for 5 years and after finding the right therapist that gave me good homework and praying help me alot. Separation was one cause and work was a lot as well.