Japanese Learning Blog Week 7 - My swimming trunks were fine btw

HappyPixels

Papa Pixels
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Greetings, lovely littles and diapered delinquents. Hope you're all having an awesome day.

It was so hot today that I'm sweating in places I didn't know existed. I worship the ground my landlady walks on for allowing me to use her pool. Although my dog did steal my swimming trunks and made me chase her around the yard to get them back. This is what happens when most of your dog's toys are made out of your old clothes. Side note, that's a great use for old clothes too damaged and stained to be wearable. Just tie them in notes and give them to your pupper! Although she might then try and steal your swimming shorts...

Okay, this is a blog about Japanese, not my dog being a little sod. Back to that, I've largely been focusing on verb conjugation this week. I'm still fumbling but I'm getting there and next week I'll probably still be focusing on this. More exciting, I've been marathoning Studio Ghibli films. So far I've watched Porco Rosso, Whisper of the Heart and, The Cat Returns. I decided to start with movies I know next to nothing about or haven't even heard of altogether. I've downloaded a bunch of others and the one that terrifies me the most is Graveyard of the Fireflies. Never seen it but I know what it's about and how it ends. Still gonna watch it though because I hate myself.

I'm gonna go eat popcorn now.

Reactions: LaLoneDigi and Kittyinpink

Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Grave of the fireflies is a must watch .
There is beauty in it , obviously sadness , but a strong sense of love and hope , and a genuine respect for nature.. I haven't heard of the three you watched ! My favourite is "spirited away" so far , but grave of the fireflies is a close second.. it is beautiful as it is sad...

Reactions: HappyPixels

LaLoneDigi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
Those are all great movies!

Check out some Akira Kurosawa films too. One of the best directors of all time!

Reactions: HappyPixels and Kittyinpink

Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
LaLoneDigi said:

🤣.. one of my favourite directors of all time !
Takashira mefume , was my favourite actor! Like he should have been English and working for William Shakespeare.. 7 samurai was THE BEST 👌... (Sorry my spelling! It's literally been loads of years , since I heard the name Kurosawa..

Reactions: HappyPixels and LaLoneDigi

HappyPixels

Papa Pixels
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Kittyinpink said:
Grave of the fireflies is a must watch .
There is beauty in it , obviously sadness , but a strong sense of love and hope , and a genuine respect for nature.. I haven't heard of the three you watched ! My favourite is "spirited away" so far , but grave of the fireflies is a close second.. it is beautiful as it is sad...

Watched it this morning and it really was an amazing film. Totally didn't cry, though. But I did have something in both my eyes during all the really sad parts. Weird.

LaLoneDigi said:

Will definitely check him out.

LaLoneDigi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
HappyPixels said:
Will definitely check him out.
Most people hyper focus on his samurai films, which are undeniably awesome, but his contemporary films are just as good. Check out Ikiru for some relatable and thoughtful human drama. You'll definitely get some dust in your eyes...

Reactions: Kittyinpink