Japanese Learning Blog Week 6 - I am the Tired

HappyPixels

Papa Pixels
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Greetings, lovely littles and diapered delinquents. Hope you've all been having an awesome day.

I'll admit, I haven't done much of studying or anything this week. Deprression's kinda been kicking my arse. It's Monday, I blink and the next thing I know it's Friday and all I've done is watch way too many cartoons. I havent even done my regular lurking of this site! Shocking, I know. I am slowly getting out of this rut I'm in at least. Cuddle time with my favourite plush and a Bluey marathon definitely helped.

Back to Japanese. I'm at least happy with how I'm getting along. I know kana, a little kanji, know some basic grammar amd vocab, and have started on figuring out verb conjugation. I can make simple sentences like "That person's car is blue(あの人の車は青い)" and "This is not a cat(これは猫がいない)". I can't really have proper conversations with folks yet but if I keep going at this rate then maybe by the end of the year. All I have to do is to get over my crippling anxiety and talk to people. I just keep eyeing these language partner exchange sites like SOON knowing very well my cowardly low self-esteem arse ain't doin' nothin'.

I think I'll just lie here and marathon Studio Ghibli films instead. I'm ashamed to say it but up until recently I've barely watched any. I only watched Spirited Away as a kid and then Princess Monoke when I hit my twenties. As someone who loves animation and Japanese, this is a disgrace. Therefore, I have downloaded a ton of Ghibli films. Don't be surprised if next week is just me going on about my thoughts on Porco Rosso.

Reactions: Jorelaxed