Japanese Learning Blog Week 2 - Learning Made Fun

HappyPixels

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Greetings, lovely littles and diapered delinquents. Hope you've all been having an awesome day.

I havent spent as much time studying this week as last week because I'm visiting a fellow ABDL interested friend of mine (who I might see in nappies for the first time soon!) who I haven't seen in ages. But I did find this neat YouTube channel and app that I absolutely love.

Now, you should know that I am an avid gamer. I have my grubby little fingers all over every Steam sale. Spend money on rent or groceries? As if! There's indie rougelikes to buy. That's why I was super excited when I discovered Game Gengo, a YouTube channel about teaching folks Japanese using video games. I haven't actually watched that many of his vids, though, because I got way too distracted by a language learning app he did a vid on. I've played a lot of games in the past designed to teach people languages and they all have one thing in common: they usually suck.

I was surprised by Game Gengo's Lingo Legend vid because the gaming app didn't look like a total snore fest. And it isn't! Lingo Legend is a strategy card game where you win by getting language based answers correct . Lose and your card skips its turn. Compared to other card games, it's nothing that'll blow your hair back but it's still a fun little experience that I'm glad I found. Definitely leagues better than a lot of other educational ganes out there. The lesson I'm currently on is on place based vocab. I now know the words for church (教会) and parking lot (駐車場).

Well, I'm gonna go have dinner now. Have some screenshots from the game. I love that nothing is gender locked when it comes to making your avatar. Mine looks absolutely FABULOUS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221209_190605_com.hyperthought.lingolegend.jpg
    Screenshot_20221209_190605_com.hyperthought.lingolegend.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20221209_190638_com.hyperthought.lingolegend.jpg
    Screenshot_20221209_190638_com.hyperthought.lingolegend.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20221206_130906_com.hyperthought.lingolegend.jpg
    Screenshot_20221206_130906_com.hyperthought.lingolegend.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Jorelaxed and LaLoneDigi

LaLoneDigi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
This looks cool and cute!!!! I gotta check this out when I get the chance.

Reactions: HappyPixels

Shingo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Meanwhile I'm playing ff xiv in japanese data center altho playing on server that primarily speaks english, i got to meet a friend from jp and when i met her i get to learn more and more kanji and new words even, and by chance my other friend plan to have an exchange between eng speaker player and jp player this 23rd so hopefully i get to learn more and more, bit-by-bit purely from those interaction, tho i will learn slow, and out of order/structure of learning, i feel like in this case i wanna to take the learning at my own pace this way

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyPixels