Japanese Learning Blog Week 1 - I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

HappyPixels

Papa Pixels
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Greetings, lovely littles and diapered delinquents. I hope you're all having an awesome day. Now, a few days ago I made a blog post about how I was thinking of restarting my studies in Japanese that I had to drop a few years ago to to personal reasons. I've found myself with way too much time lately and figured I should maybe use that time more productively. I may have gotten very good at messing up the lives of my Sims but how can I carry that into the real world? I dunno, maybe I should become a lawyer or something.

When I left off the language last, I'd memorized kana, a little kanji, and had basic grammar and vocab down. But because it's been so long, I've forgotten about half of everything I knew. I still know kana but I've forgotten most of the kanji and a lot of the vocab. My past week has largely been reviewing a lot of what I studied before. Currently I can only make the most basic of sentences. I'm not quite starting from the beginning but I'm still a total newb.

Someone once told me that it's a good idea to blog your language learning journey and I figured, hey, why not? Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. A forum about diaper lovers may seem like a weird choice for this but I like this site so I'm gonna anyway. I figured I'll make a post every Friday talking about what I did that week. So far, like I said, this week has largely being going over content I learned before that I need a bit of a refresher in. I've mostly been using IMABI for that but I recently remembered Tofugu exists and that they have an amazing resource page I can't wait to check out.

I love languages and I'm super excited to get back into Japanese and bore anyone who bothers reading these posts about how the other day I learned the word for butt. The word is oshiri (お尻) by the way.

Reactions: EmmyBaby2000 and DLmikey

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This will be fascinating, I love languages but learning Japanese, at least for those of used to European languages, means that it must be a terrific achievement to even begin to get to grips with it.
Languages open up so many opportunities and gateways. Many years ago I learned Norwegian (don’t be impressed, it’s definitely easy in comparison to Japanese!), but it opened-up a good working knowledge of Swedish and Danish and I still enjoy Scandinavian culture to this day - Scandi-Noir on tv anyone?

Looking forward to your blog! 😊

LaLoneDigi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
頑張って (Ganbatte)!

I've been casually learning Spanish and Japanese off and on over the years. I'm not even close to being conversational, but it's still really rewarding. I'd like to become fluent in Japanese to surprise my relatives, but I'm much too busy at the moment. I doubt I'll ever master kanji. Even my younger Japanese relatives don't do much kanji. :ROFLMAO:

HappyPixels

Papa Pixels
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
DLmikey said:
This will be fascinating, I love languages but learning Japanese, at least for those of used to European languages, means that it must be a terrific achievement to even begin to get to grips with it.
Languages open up so many opportunities and gateways. Many years ago I learned Norwegian (don’t be impressed, it’s definitely easy in comparison to Japanese!), but it opened-up a good working knowledge of Swedish and Danish and I still enjoy Scandinavian culture to this day - Scandi-Noir on tv anyone?

Looking forward to your blog! 😊

Don't knock yourself. Learning any language is impressive and by the sounds of it, with its similarities to others, it's like a buy one get anothe half off.

LaLoneDigi said:
頑張って (Ganbatte)!

I've been casually learning Spanish and Japanese off and on over the years. I'm not even close to being conversational, but it's still really rewarding. I'd like to become fluent in Japanese to surprise my relatives, but I'm much too busy at the moment. I doubt I'll ever master kanji. Even my younger Japanese relatives don't do much kanji. :ROFLMAO:

One day you'll just rock up like a boss and speak all the Japanese 😎

(But yes kanji's hard send help)