Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
So it came to my attention recently that the local fair has an exhibit category for calligraphy. That spurred me on to try something I'd thought about before but never got around to, writing in Japanese (with a brush). I started out using watered-down paint but today I got some actual calligraphy ink and it works much better.

IMG_20160710_144105 - Edited.jpg

(Says ''Inuyasha.'')

Impressive. I've been learning Japanese for about a year now and it's always amazed me that when it comes to Kanji and once you know the primitive elements what you can create.

Takashi said:
Impressive. I've been learning Japanese for about a year now and it's always amazed me that when it comes to Kanji and once you know the primitive elements what you can create.

I don't actually speak Japanese. I just figured I'd start practicing with the kanji I'm most familiar with - they're tattooed on my arm, after all. :p

KimbaStarshine said:
I don't actually speak Japanese. I just figured I'd start practicing with the kanji I'm most familiar with - they're tattooed on my arm, after all. :p

:2thumbsup:

KimbaStarshine said:

You mean Inuyasha is tattooed on your arm? Or something different?

I used to practice Japanese and had taken some classes in it myself. It's a fun language to learn, might even go as far to say it's not all that hard either. Never done much calligraphy though. My hand writing has always been absolute crap, I can't imagine it being any better if I was doing calligraphy lol.

brabbit1987 said:
You mean Inuyasha is tattooed on your arm? Or something different?

I used to practice Japanese and had taken some classes in it myself. It's a fun language to learn, might even go as far to say it's not all that hard either. Never done much calligraphy though. My hand writing has always been absolute crap, I can't imagine it being any better if I was doing calligraphy lol.

I have a tattoo of Inuyasha and the kanji for his name.

KimbaStarshine said:
I have a tattoo of Inuyasha and the kanji for his name.

I see, you must like Inuyasha a lot XD. I used to watch that anime a lot. Shippo is my favorite.

Maxx said:
I've wondered how often people get pranked by tattoo artists when they come in for Kanji tats....... or even just errors. Everybody says it means one thing only to find out its nonsense or worse, ie, what would the reaction be if an actual Japanese person saw it.

I supplied the design to the artist myself, and did some basic Internet research to confirm its accuracy. The anime has a logo with the kanji: Img_logo.png

Maxx said:
I've wondered how often people get pranked by tattoo artists when they come in for Kanji tats....... or even just errors. Everybody says it means one thing only to find out its nonsense or worse, ie, what would the reaction be if an actual Japanese person saw it.

If I'm not mistaken, Chinese tattoos are often the ones that make a monkey's ass out of someone.

Untitled.png

enhanced-buzz-23666-1375461708-26.jpg

Maxx said:
I figured YOU were probably safe with a mainstream character thing, but as skunk053 has noted.... not everyone is paying attention apparently! :laugh:

Ya, I imagine it's got to happen pretty often. Someone goes in to get a Chinese or Japanese tattoo without looking it up themselves, and ends up never knowing it's wrong until it's pointed out, if it ever is. I mean, if they don't have any friends who are Chinese or Japanese, they may never find out.

skunk053 said:
If I'm not mistaken, Chinese tattoos are often the ones that make a monkey's ass out of someone.

Untitled.png

enhanced-buzz-23666-1375461708-26.jpg

Very cool body art of those kanji characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back