• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Jake's computer troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakethefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, , Carer
Both hard drives crashed hard today, my computer is K.I.A. X.X
if anyone wants to donate a hard drive to me, I'll pay 20$ per 80G hard disk, I need 2, meaning, I'll pay 40 for a 80 or 160.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
My old computer crashed several weeks ago, and I think it was hard drive, so me sending mine to you wouldn't help very much. It was time for me to upgrade anyway, so I went out and sprang for a duel core. Of course it came with a curse, the Vista curse! Now my wi fi won't hook up, and they say they have no intention of developing upgrades at this time, or as Cartman would say....sonofabitch!

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Make me an offer on my old laptop if your interested, it's a Toshiba A-65 S 1070 it works great I just bought a new one and never got rid of this old one.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
you pay for shipping and I can send you a 20 or 40gb (don't remember the size). It's either as 40gb Seagate or a 20gb Maxtor lol. I'll check when I'm back home later this week.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
I assumed IDE since all but the newest motherboards support 4 IDE devices.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
My computer is 3+ years old and sata wasn't exactly new when i got it... i wouldn't try guess if its one or the other.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
My computer is 3+ years old and sata wasn't exactly new when i got it... i wouldn't try guess if its one or the other.

What I meant was, all ATX motherboards except the newest ones have supported 4 IDE devices (primary and secondary, each supporting a master and slave), so it seemed like a safe bet. Newer boards only have the primary connector (used for optical drives).

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Why is this in Off-topic, It should be moved to computers and games.

I have a Gigabyte Motherboard S-Series and it was got in 2008 and it only has ONE IDE port. I cant plug in all my disk drives. :sad:

OR you can save up your money and buy a 500GB HDD NEW And IN IDE or SATA Your CHOICE!!

EDIT:

What I meant was, all ATX motherboards except the newest ones have supported 4 IDE devices (primary and secondary, each supporting a master and slave), so it seemed like a safe bet. Newer boards only have the primary connector (used for optical drives).

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
I have a Gigabyte Motherboard S-Series and it was got in 2008 and it only has ONE IDE port. I cant plug in all my disk drives. :sad:
Which disk drives do you have that can't plug in? That one IDE plug will still support two CD or DVD drives. If it's a floppy drive, and you really (for whatever reason) still have to use them, get a USB floppy drive. They're quite cheap and can be moved from computer to computer easily.

If you have a leftover IDE hard drives that you want to plug in, get an external hard drive enclosure that connects with USB/Firewire/eSATA. They're usually pretty cheap as well.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Which disk drives do you have that can't plug in?
My DVD-ROM drive.
That one IDE plug will still support two CD or DVD drives.
But I'm using a IDE HDD.
If it's a floppy drive, and you really (for whatever reason) still have to use them, get a USB floppy drive.They're quite cheap and can be moved from computer to computer easily.
I don't remember using my floppy drive once but i still keep it there because thats not the problem.
If you have a leftover IDE hard drives that you want to plug in, get an external hard drive enclosure that connects with USB/Firewire/eSATA. They're usually pretty cheap as well.
I cant find one that completely encloses the hard drive.

Off-topic: Is it me or the mods are being lazy by not moving threads??? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.