I've Decided to Try Going 24/7

OneCunningStunt

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone, I hope you're all having a nice night! So recently I've been getting the urge to wear more and more often, and I've finally decided to try my hand at being diapered 24/7. I decided that since I'll be wearing 24/7 for the foreseeable future, I needed to stock and get used to buying them in person. I drove out to a supermarket a few towns over (because I'm still a little worried about running into someone that I know), and I picked up 4 packages of various types of briefs. I got a package of fitted briefs for work, a package of store brand briefs with the tabs (because they were recommended in a post I read), and two packages of Tena briefs with the tabs.

I'd also like to thank all of the users who have advised against intentionally becoming incontinent on various other threads. I got it into my head that it would be cool to have no choice but to wear diapers, but I see now what an irresponsible decision that would be. I was going to try that 12 month plan to retrain yourself for diapers, and a few users mentioned that some people might not be able to retrain for the toilet afterwards (the ability to reverse the diaper training was my justification). I have a slight problem where most of the time after I pee, no matter how empty I feel, I notice a few drops end up in my big girl undies, which is uncomfortable, and might make me one of those people who can't retrain. So, I'm going to go 24/7 for a while, but I'm not going to try for incontinence.

Anyway, I was ready for the trip, and knew going in that I was going to go through a normal check out lane and deal with a real, live person (scary, I know!). Turns out I didn't actually have a choice. There was only one lane open, and the line was long and slow. I got to stand around a bunch of strangers for 20 minutes with a cart full of diapers. It wasn't too bad, honestly, and the only time my heart started beating a little faster was when an older lady behind me said something to another customer that I think was referencing my diapers, haha. I got to the register and it was a little embarrassing because the cashier was around my age, and I thought she was really cute (I'm a lesbian).

Everything went about as smooth as I could have hoped for though. I wet myself while walking to the incontinence section, so I stopped at a different store on my way home to change myself. Had a good time haha.

So I guess this is my start to the world of 24/7 diaper wearing. If anyone has any helpful advice on being as comfortable as possible, especially in the heat, while wearing diapers at work, I would appreciate it very much :) Hope you wonderful folks stay safe and have a wonderful day/night!!!

Reactions: checkingoutall, Screwball, BobbiSueEllen and 5 others
wow I wanna wear them 24/7 well first off burn or despose of your underwear and only keep a stock of diaper, then make a diaper budget that suits your usage rate and go from there

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and OneCunningStunt
Lots of online stores offer a discount for a subscription service. If you're going to be wearing them, you're going to want to minimize the impact to your budget.

Reactions: lil_baby_tigger, BobbiSueEllen and OneCunningStunt
I think it will go better for you if you work with better diapers than are available at most retail stores. Online buying is the way to go. There are also discreet options for delivery if that's a concern.

Reactions: DprEffect, OneCunningStunt and Deleted member 47221
Unless your clothing is tight, diapers are not easy to spot. A bodysuit or onesie will hide the top of the diaper so you know you can bend over without anyone seeing the diaper. If you are leaving home for a while, change into a fresh diaper.
Women aren't the only ones with the drip problem. I stick a pad into my panties for my drip problem.

Reactions: checkingoutall and OneCunningStunt
Getting rid of your underwear is great advice. I didn't get rid of mine when I was 24/7, but, I just ignored them and put most of them in a hard to reach spot. Quality diapers are key to enjoying your experience too. Also, learn to ALWAYS carry a diaper with you when you go out for extended periods of time. In my diaper bag (a backpack) I always kept a spare diaper or two, some plastic bags for disposal, plus powder. If you are going out, check your diaper to see if you need a change. Depending on your quality of diaper, you'll know when you need to change. As I was diapered longer, I found I was changing myself more often due to my bladder shrinking. In terms of using your diaper, constantly use it, whenever you feel the urge or if you don't feel the urge, still try every two hours or so.

Reactions: CaterpillarSick, BobbiSueEllen, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
nezquic66 said:
Getting rid of your underwear is great advice. I didn't get rid of mine when I was 24/7, but, I just ignored them and put most of them in a hard to reach spot. Quality diapers are key to enjoying your experience too. Also, learn to ALWAYS carry a diaper with you when you go out for extended periods of time. In my diaper bag (a backpack) I always kept a spare diaper or two, some plastic bags for disposal, plus powder. If you are going out, check your diaper to see if you need a change. Depending on your quality of diaper, you'll know when you need to change. As I was diapered longer, I found I was changing myself more often due to my bladder shrinking. In terms of using your diaper, constantly use it, whenever you feel the urge or if you don't feel the urge, still try every two hours or so.
And DON'T push!!!

Thanks for the replies, everyone! My first 24 hours have been fairly nice! I'm probably not going to throw out my underwear, because I have some really cute ones and can't bring myself to do it, haha. However, I will definitely be putting them away and ignoring them. I know that I need to get some good quality diapers online, and the store bought ones are mostly to hold me over until I get the good ones. I still haven't decided which ones to go with. I have some pink Rearz that I wear on occasion for fun, but I definitely won't be using those on a daily basis (for obvious reasons). I've used Abena M4s in the past, and I really like them, but I'm worried about them being a tad too bulky. I'm willing to take suggestions :) I'm in the process of putting together a decent diaper bag as well. I've got wipes, powder and lotion all ready to go, and now I just need to get myself some good, safe diapers to daily!

• Love
Reactions: checkingoutall, lil_baby_tigger, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I put to a smaller sling bag that holds 2 diapers and a pack of wipes for when I am at a mall or quick changes at work its lightweight and easier to carry then my regular backpack thats loaded with supplies and a change of clothes.

its a camo bag made By Skip-hop

Good Luck, going 24/7 is a life change event. Your whole life is predicated by having to change diapers, cleaning yourself, preventing diaper rash. and in the case of cloth diapers like myself; washing and drying diapers, and storing wet or messy diapers until washing them. It is not only diaper purchases, which can be expensive, especially for disposables, you will need diaper covers if you are wearing cloth, baby powder, baby wipes, and lotion. Your clothing choices must accommodate your diaper. Disposables fill the trash rapidly, and if your trash pick up is weekly, consider storing dirty diapers for that period of time.

I've never regretted going 24/7

• Love
Reactions: Paddedhiker, lil_baby_tigger, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
ST50 said:
I've never regretted going 24/7
Neither have I, but continuing diaper changes and occasional wet spots from leaks are challenging. At this point in my life I accept the need to wear "protection" mainly with diapers but circumstances may dictate commercial incontinence products.

• Love
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger, BobbiSueEllen and OneCunningStunt
y
alwayz said:
Neither have I, but continuing diaper changes and occasional wet spots from leaks are challenging. At this point in my life I accept the need to wear "protection" mainly with diapers but circumstances may dictate commercial incontinence products.
you know if you remove the absorbing layer of a cloth diaper you can turn one into a diaper cover for disposable diapers

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I've read that women with heavy periods use adult diapers instead of pads. An excuse if anyone should notice. With proper choice of clothing, no one will notice. I was wearing an Abena M4 yesterday morning and decided to go grocery shopping. It wasn't wet so I decided to wear it anyway. My pants were baggy so they hid the shape. One good thing about being homely and old is that no one gives you even a first look.

Reactions: ChocChip
One important thing is to use wipes between changes and a protective baby cream overnight. Diaper rash is not fun.

I've been 24/7 for more then 2 years now not a bad thing at all for me

• Love
Reactions: Wetshisbed, lil_baby_tigger and BobbiSueEllen
Seasonedcitizen said:
I've read that women with heavy periods use adult diapers instead of pads. An excuse if anyone should notice. With proper choice of clothing, no one will notice. I was wearing an Abena M4 yesterday morning and decided to go grocery shopping. It wasn't wet so I decided to wear it anyway. My pants were baggy so they hid the shape. One good thing about being homely and old is that no one gives you even a first look.

Women with very heavy periods (menorrhagia) might do, and more likely to be pull-ups than nappies as such. Maybe some wear them at night to avoid getting up to change, but the total blood lost during the average period is much less than most people's bladder capacity. If your periods are this heavy you need to see a doctor especially if they continue for longer than normal.

Reactions: BlueStringBean, BobbiSueEllen and nezquic66
alwayz said:
Good Luck, going 24/7 is a life change event. Your whole life is predicated by having to change diapers, cleaning yourself, preventing diaper rash. and in the case of cloth diapers like myself; washing and drying diapers, and storing wet or messy diapers until washing them. It is not only diaper purchases, which can be expensive, especially for disposables, you will need diaper covers if you are wearing cloth, baby powder, baby wipes, and lotion. Your clothing choices must accommodate your diaper. Disposables fill the trash rapidly, and if your trash pick up is weekly, consider storing dirty diapers for that period of time.
Are you diaper dependent?

OneCunningStunt said:
Thanks for the replies, everyone! My first 24 hours have been fairly nice! I'm probably not going to throw out my underwear, because I have some really cute ones and can't bring myself to do it, haha. However, I will definitely be putting them away and ignoring them. I know that I need to get some good quality diapers online, and the store bought ones are mostly to hold me over until I get the good ones. I still haven't decided which ones to go with. I have some pink Rearz that I wear on occasion for fun, but I definitely won't be using those on a daily basis (for obvious reasons). I've used Abena M4s in the past, and I really like them, but I'm worried about them being a tad too bulky. I'm willing to take suggestions :) I'm in the process of putting together a decent diaper bag as well. I've got wipes, powder and lotion all ready to go, and now I just need to get myself some good, safe diapers to daily!

OneCunningStunt I am giving my highest praises to you about having the courage to be diapered 24/7! You are very inspiring! I feel very happy that your first 24 hours were fairly nice! Will you please tell us how it is working out after the first 24 hours being diapered 24/7? I am giving my best wishes to you!

• Love
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger and BobbiSueEllen
I have been wearing 24/7 for over 20 years and as needed for about 10 years before that.

Store brand diapers are a waste of money. Definitely pick an absorbent high quality diaper. Currently I use Northshore Supreme as my go-to diaper and Crinklz for fun. The Northshore Megamax are great if I know changing may be an issue.

Whatever you use, proper cleaning and powdering are a must at changes which can be an issue at work.

In the summer months I wear onesie polo shirts and in the cooler months a onesie under my shirt. Helps muffle the crinkles and keeps everything covered and in place.

I also established a regular changing time which coincides with lunch, whether I need it or not.

Good luck and enjoy!

Back