iTunes price change and removing copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Sorry if this has already been done, I couldn't find a thread that talked abou this.

We have all heard that Apple's iTunes is getting rid of copyright protection on it's songs and that the price of songs are going from the standard $.99 to $.66, $.99 and $1.30, but does anyone know when this will happen?

I heard about this a few weeks ago and I still can't convert alot of the songs I have in my iTunes to MP3.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I can finally spend my $25 in store credit and uninstall iTunes. Hurrah!

NoobSauce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Takashi: It's already in place. It's not everything, they're converting songs to that format. They're still $0.99, but the selected songs are twice the quality and DRM-free. If you already own a copy of the song, it's $0.66 to upgrade the song. (as in, you bought it previously on iTunes before it became iTunes Plus, or you 'acquired' it from LimeWire and imported it into your library.)

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Takashi: It's already in place. It's not everything, they're converting songs to that format. They're still $0.99, but the selected songs are twice the quality and DRM-free. If you already own a copy of the song, it's $0.66 to upgrade the song. (as in, you bought it previously on iTunes before it became iTunes Plus, or you 'acquired' it from LimeWire and imported it into your library.)

So what do I have to do because I downloaded iTunes 8 last night and it's still giving me crap. :damnpc:

Status
Not open for further replies.