It’s finally happening! My first ABDL diapers!

TwoOfBraves

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
AHHHH!!! My first real ABDL diapers are ready for pickup! I’m terrified to go in person but I’m also super excited 😭😭

61B3EA45-42D8-48A5-B102-6A868FA01841.jpeg

I realized while ordering that living so close to Everett is a total blessing… My apartment building’s package pick-up leaves a bit to be desired, and shipping costs are a total pain (shipping in general, really). I was super surprised how quickly they were ready- I actually could’ve picked them up today if I’d known!

The only medical supply store near me is unfortunately not an option… It’s right by my office, and I work at a surgery center, so there’s a pretty decent chance of getting recognized.

Boring stuff aside, I’m super excited! And nervous! But mostly excited!
I just ordered a couple of samples, because my waistline is like 40~42” which seems kinda borderline on ABU sizing. Got some BunnyHopps, Little Kings, and LittlePawz… I wanted to try some DinoRawrz, but they were out of stock of samples haha. I know I’ll horribly botch the tapes my first few times, hence the hook-and-loop preference, but the LittlePawz were an impulse buy. I figured I might as well try at least ONE 4-tape. I’m not even AB but man, some of their patterns are super cute!

I’ll update on how it goes once I get the chance to pick them up. Wish me luck!

Reactions: Chrissie, ShyBoo81, BunnyFofo and 7 others

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
- Yes - Printed & Solid Colors Diaper are fun . A nice change for white one from time to times !!!

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm not AB but I absolutely love the printed AB diapers. I have very few medical grade diapers in my stash. I'm all about the all over print diapers.

Reactions: warmfeeling

TwoOfBraves

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Samples: retrieved! The employees were really friendly and the whole pickup only took about 30 seconds. They also had this outside the warehouse… very clever, it made me laugh when I saw it. The whole thing made me feel like a secret agent, lol.

7ACB08CF-AB4C-4457-8719-359847160CBD.jpeg
Drive like your little lives here!

I stopped for some groceries on my way back and by the time I got home, the Tykables samples I ordered a week and a half ago that I thought had been lost in the mail showed up! So now I’m swimming in diapers.

FC82C7F4-5D5A-458B-8496-9622865EB841.jpeg
84A200AD-CE1D-4B1B-9D25-6F6B3FD9F338.jpeg
First box is from ABU, second is from Tykables. Excuse the assorted socks and bins, I was working on my laundry…

I’m unboxing the ABU ones first ‘cause I’m more excited about those… but I’ll still update once I open the Tykables when I get there to compare. I don’t have a lot of people to talk to about this so these little blog forum posts are nice for getting all my thoughts and excitement out : )

96D07CC0-6A17-4F46-9700-0B13EFF964A0.jpeg
A Little King greets me upon opening.

They’re bigger than I thought they’d be! Granted, they’re like… reasonably speaking, of course they’re big, but still it kinda surprised me when I opened the box haha.

Unpacking all three sample packs revealed a surprise at the bottom… a little baggie including some stickers and dum dums! My packing slip also came with some cute doodles too. I was already excited but these made my day!

A586EEBA-6982-4646-AB2C-8F8C730C3C02.jpeg
I felt like a kid on Christmas opening this, and I’m not even AB!

My kitty was quite excited about the whole ordeal and insisted on eating the box and trying to play with my pocket knife. If anyone would like to see the cat pics, let me know and I will post them.

While grabbing one of the bags just now to see if they had a flap to open or if I’d have to cut them I realized they’re all ziplocks too. I wasn’t expecting that at all, and it’s such a minor detail but still, wow. That’s neat as hell.

Next step… actually wearing!

Reactions: Cottontail, Jorelaxed, diaperdude and 6 others

TwoOfBraves

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
WE HAVE MADE IT. WE’RE IN.
Content Warning: medical talk

My first attempt went horribly as expected. I tried lying down to do it and it just did not work. I’m on the chubbier side so I couldn’t see shit laying flat and adjustments were super awkward. I ended up tearing the tapes off of one side entirely… discouraging, but I figured I might as well give it another go.

I tried standing against the wall for attempt number two, and it went way, way better- the fit is still a little janky, but I am now snugly padded in a Little Kings! Woohoo!

While writing this I realized that the laying-back thing was probably never going to work for me even if I had known what I was doing, and I’m not sure that it ever will. My spine is kinda fucked up due to a congenital defect, so I’m incapable of fully laying flat on my back without, like, hugging my knees to my chest. That means half of the back part of the diaper was not being held down by anything at all, because my back just does not touch the ground there. The wall worked because I could curl forward a bit to press that part of my back against the wall without getting in my own way.

Unfortunately, I don’t know what that means for the possibility of anyone ever changing me… I live alone so it’s not like that would ever happen anytime soon, but still. Kinda sad :[

My stupid back is probably deserving of its own rant blog eventually, but I’ll spare that for now, because I did it! I’m wearing an ABDL diaper! Wooooo!!

• Love
Reactions: ShyBoo81, GatoChihuahua, warmfeeling and 2 others

IDKaLittle

Just keep swim-ming...Just keep swim-ming...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Curious, what size did you get?

Reactions: GatoChihuahua

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I always put diapers on while standing up. You’re doing fine!
So…. How are the little kings?

Reactions: GatoChihuahua

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Different people find different ways to put them on better, personally while I can do it stood up against a wall I prefer laying down as I can get a snugger fit, but you do it however works for you.

I think we've probably all ripped off tabs and wings at some point, It's alwys a pain and a feeling of loss when it happens.

As you get a bit more practice and figure out how tight to pull the wings and where the tapes need to go you could try doing up one or both sides before putting them on (especially with the hook and loop refastenable ones) and then just pulling them up like pants and adjusting each side one at a time. This might help you.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, LainIsLain and warmfeeling

LainIsLain

DL SuperNoob, DiaperHugger
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I really need to plan a trip up there to ABU! I live near Portland so it would be a full days trip at least!

Practice practice practice!

If you really love your diapers you'll eventually find what works. I think of each diaper change as a practice to get it just right. I'm one of the unusual people that kneel down on both knees to diaper up. Not sure this would help with your back issue though.

I start by kneeling on the floor (usually on my play mat). I love to fluff my diaper and fold a crease down the center length wise. Diaper goes under while spreading your knees out or lifting one leg. Left hand front, right hand in back, then bring the diaper to my body. It takes some practice but I can hold the diaper to my front with my left elbow while putting the top right tape on the diaper into position. Next is the left top. I like a snug fit so I reposition as needed as high on the landing as I can manage. Next is the bottoms which get pulled snug and positions just under the tops. I usually fold the loose plastic from the overlapping top just under the bottom tapes. Basically grab the bottom edge, fold and run your finger under the overlap to hide it. I find that a snug fit with the plastic folded cuts down on flappy wings when you move around. 😸

My first few times were a disaster for sure! Not too long ago this happened because I was a bit too snug! :ROFLMAO:

1672405755921.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Cottontail, Jorelaxed and GatoChihuahua

GatoChihuahua

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I find the AlphaGatorz velcro tabs very easy to tear off. I thought I would prefer the adjustability because I am also a noob with taped diapers.

However, I also have ABU Space plastic backed diapers with plastic tapes, and I have NO problem pulling off and reapplying the plastic tapes. I was relieved and psyched simultaneously when I made that discovery! 🙏😍👍

I stand up to fasten the tapes, but with my underwear or tights barely rolled down off my hips so there's just enough room to floss the diaper between me and the crotch of my underwear. This acts like a third hand to hold the diaper in position by snugging the bum and crotch area, and rolling my tights up over the bottom 1/3 of the diaper. With the diaper held snugly in position, I can use both hands to make the waist and tapes all snug and just purrrrfect 😸.

TwoOfBraves

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Waaaah, thank you so much for the support and tips everyone!!

I’m so glad to hear I’m not the only one who’s ripped tapes before, I felt a little stupid when it happened.

IDKaLittle said:
Curious, what size did you get?
Large! I was worried they might be a bit too small since my waist/hip measurement is about 40~41” and that’s on ABU’s borderline, but the large fit just fine!

If anything it was a little roomy around the back, though I think that’s more of a taping malfunction on my part.

LePew said:
So…. How are the little kings?
They were amazing!! Super comfy, super cute, and satisfyingly waddle-inducing.
I had a small leak at one of the leg gathers after a while but i’m pretty sure it was just cause of the way I did the tapes.

GatoChihuahua said:
However, I also have ABU Space plastic backed diapers with plastic tapes, and I have NO problem pulling off and reapplying the plastic tapes. I was relieved and psyched simultaneously when I made that discovery! 🙏😍👍
Oh, that’s a HUGE a huge relief. I am significantly less scared of my Little Pawz now 🤣

I’m going to visit family this afternoon and the drive is pretty long, so unfortunately diaper experimentation will be limited until tonight/later tomorrow. I do have a couple hours until I have to leave, though… Perhaps it’s time to open the Tykables samples I’ve been neglecting 🤔

Reactions: LainIsLain

TwoOfBraves

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
CW: Menstruation
(Note: I am non-binary and use they/them pronouns. Please be respectful.)

Alright, long overdue update! I opened up the Tykables samples, which came with much less fanfare. No little surprise extras or anything, sticky plastic for the openings that got them stuck to each other and the packaging they came in… not that any of that was unexpected, mind you, but it made me appreciate the ABU samples that much more.

E9D0A7B6-D13A-470A-B7C9-A7CE23CA3CAA.jpeg
Exactly what you’d expect- no more, no less.

After getting back home on Friday I tried out one of the Overnights to sleep in. They induced a pretty noticeable waddle even when dry, and putting them on was very different experientially from the Little Kings- because Tykables’ sizing range is huge, they fit better in some places and worse in others. Overall they were way easier to get on, but I think that’s partially due to having more experience…

I don’t bedwet, so normally I wouldn’t waste a diaper for overnight use without a special occasion (side note: very excited for my first SIDF!). However, this one was on purpose: I got my period on Thursday, and after writing my last post on Friday got out of bed to discover that I’d, well, bled through my pad and underwear and stained my pants. It happens every month and im relatively used to the cleanup/needing to buy new underwear, but when I got home I realized I could totally just wear a diaper overnight and it’d work way better!

And so, that is what I did! And holy cow, I’m never going another period without diapers again. It absorbed everything so well 😭

Wore my last BunnyHopps for the subsequent night, then went diaper-free for Sunday as I needed a break. This afternoon I got back into it with another one of the Tykables, this time the Little Builders. I tried a couple of the tips y’all gave me too!

GatoChihuahua said:
I stand up to fasten the tapes, but with my underwear or tights barely rolled down off my hips so there's just enough room to floss the diaper between me and the crotch of my underwear. This acts like a third hand to hold the diaper in position by snugging the bum and crotch area, and rolling my tights up over the bottom 1/3 of the diaper. With the diaper held snugly in position, I can use both hands to make the waist and tapes all snug and just purrrrfect 😸.
THIS HELPED SO MUCH THANK YOU. I tried it just now with the little builders and holy crap!! This is a go-to now!

As for my thoughts on the diapers themselves I’ll put them in a separate reply because this has gotten a bit long, but infodumping is fun and this is a blog thread so I can do what I want! =P

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
LainIsLain said:
I really need to plan a trip up there to ABU! I live near Portland so it would be a full days trip at least!
Right! Enough talk. Get your ass up here. :) (Maybe spend the night at Great Wolf Lodge on the way back. Then it can feel like an event.)

@TwoOfBraves, congratulations on a bold start to your adventures. I love visiting ABU. I've never gone there just for a pickup though. I always go inside. Did you wait by the door for your box, or did you go in and see the little store? If the former, go inside next time and shop for a onesie. Grab another diaper sample. Give yourself an excuse to use the changing table. (y)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LainIsLain, TwoOfBraves and ShyBoo81

TwoOfBraves

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Cottontail said:
Did you wait by the door for your box, or did you go in and see the little store? If the former, go inside next time and shop for a onesie. Grab another diaper sample. Give yourself an excuse to use the changing table. (y)
I just waited in the little hallway, lol. I was gonna go into the little store but I got way too nervous! Next time I definitely will though, I really wanted to and I feel much more confident now!

And seconded on Great Wolf Lodge! I haven’t been in years… I wonder if they still have that magic game with the wands.

@LainIsLain some other Seattle area trip recommendations include:
- Check out Pike Place, if you can find parking and don’t mind people! Ignore the first Starbucks, but do check out the smoked salmon shop next door to it if you’re into smoked salmon.
- IGNORE the space needle unless you absolutely just have to, it is absolutely not worth it
- the pacific science center is always super fun, but parking is just as bad as anywhere else in seattle lol
- check out the U district (again, if you can find parking)… tons of neat little shops and restaurants around there. (God, I miss living near an H-Mart.)
- iirc there’s a cat cafe in wallingford where you can get coffee and just like hang out with the cats for a while; I haven’t been in a hot minute but it’s a cat cafe, what more do you need?
- there’s the glass museum in tacoma, but… you’d have to go to Tacoma, and I can’t in good faith tell anyone to go there 🤣

Reactions: Cottontail and LainIsLain

LainIsLain

DL SuperNoob, DiaperHugger
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Cottontail said:
Great Wolf
:oops: 😸 Wow that place looks incredible!

April is coming fast and I plan to take my yearly vacation. Maybe a trip north is on the table... 😋

@TwoOfBraves Thx for the suggestions! I did go to the Space Needle long long long time ago but can't really recall any memories of it. I definitely love to peak into little shops and stuff.

Reactions: Cottontail

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
TwoOfBraves said:
IGNORE the space needle unless you absolutely just have to, it is absolutely not worth it
I haven't been there since it was recently reopened as a cocktail lounge with a glass floor. I might give that a chance at some point. My last visit was in the early 2000's, and for the price I thought the food was meh. My first visit was as a little kid in the early 80's, and of course I loved it then--riding that elevator up, watching the city below while eating.

But generally speaking, I find the downtown core of Seattle pretty depressing anymore. It reminds me a bit of the movie Elysium, or any of a number of other dystopian movies/novels. You've basically got tech millionaires working in skyscrapers with tents pitched at their feet. Wearing diapers is a good idea, as to prevent abuse and vandalism, most restrooms have been closed to the public, even at gas stations. I do still enjoy going to Pike Place and the waterfront (the Seattle Aquarium is fun), but the experience of getting there just makes me cherish my childhood memories of the area even more.

TwoOfBraves said:
And seconded on Great Wolf Lodge! I haven’t been in years… I wonder if they still have that magic game with the wands.
We were last there about two years ago. At that time, they still had the wand game.

Pro tip: Don't go down the Howling Tornado slide backwards and in the dark, especially if you've never gone down it before and don't know what you're in for. I almost broke my tailbone! Definitely better in daylight when you can see what's ahead and brace yourself!

Last edited: