Its been hard recently

HappyPixels

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Haven't been in the best place mentally these past few days. That depression and low self-esteem been hitting hard. The past week has mostly been sleeping and playing video games. I don't even have the energy to write or draw, two things I love, even if I'm not the best at them. I finally wrote a story for the story section but I've just had no energy or drive to even read through it and edit it so it's ready for posting.

I thought I was getting a bit better but then yesterday my best friend told me he had his power cut off because he can't pay his bill. Now I'm stressing over this, trying to see if I have any money I can send him for groceries because I don't want to see one of the most important people to me in the world pick bugs out of old rice in an attempt to salvage some kind of meal. This is something he's actually done, by the way. My friends are struggling and I can't do anything. I'm struggling and I can't do anything. Logically I know I shouldn't be putting all of this on my shoulders. My problems and those of my friends are because of issues beyond my control and I shouldn't blame myself for it all. Still doesn't stop me from doing it because my mind hates me.

Gonna go lie down now. I'm tired. And hungry.

• Sad
Reactions: lilbabyjooce

Octoreo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Even sharing meals could help your friend. You can't do much and thats okay! Just being there and trying is enough.

Reactions: HappyPixels and lilbabyjooce

lilbabyjooce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Ultimately we can only do what we can within our means. It’s always disheartening to see a friend struggling and even worse when we’re helpless in making their living conditions better, especially when we are already struggling with our own.
Just you feeling this way shows that you’re an empathetic and kind person, and a good friend. Like @Octoreo said, even just sharing a meal can help, or a few staple groceries that are cheap and last long. Helping others can also make us feel better in times of depression. I would just be sure to not over exert yourself even when your brain is telling you a little isn’t enough. A little could speak volumes for your friend (if you have the means to do so, of course), and even just being their to support them emotionally helps, too. I hope things for the both of y’all improves soon!

Reactions: HappyPixels

HappyPixels

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Thanks for the words, guys. I was able to find a little money in my budget for him and hopefully that helps.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce