Issue with Abena Abri-Form 4 Cloth-Backed

Vistavision99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’m not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue, but I thought I’d throw it out there in case anybody else might know what I’m referring to.
About 2 months ago, I purchased a 14 ct. package of the cloth-backed Abena Abri-Form 4 diapers. With every single one that I’ve used, the fastening tabs have a tendency to tear off very easily. This has happened both when I’ve tried to put one of the diapers on and also while I’ve been wearing one. Usually, I have very few problems with Abena products. I still have about half of the package left, but I’m weary of using them because of the issue. Any comments, suggestions, or questions are greatly appreciated!
As a side note, I’d like to once again express my gratitude for the kindness and support given to me by the members of this community and site. Thanks a million!

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Contact the supplier and they’ll give you a refund and replacement most likely. You must have the original packaging though because you’ll have to send the remaining diapers and the packaging back as proof.

Reactions: Vistavision99

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
This exact problem existed damn near a decade ago when I first tried the "new" Abena cloth like/breathable diapers as my supplier was out of the "comfort brief" for a couple weeks...The tape tabs had what looked like a 3'8" wide "stretchy" portion right where they left the rear wing. Well, aside from those ALWAYS loosening up due to the diaper body spreading, the tabs would literally stretch until they sheer or snapped off, including multiple times overnight whil I was asleep!

The only solution I found that worked (though breathable diapers SUCK for my needs!) was to tear 8-10" strips of White Duct tape and apply those with 4" on the rear wing, 6" on the front. They stayed tight after that indeed, but one should NEVER have to improvise like that with a top brand diaper!

Outside of temporarily needing to rely on hospital diapers until someone could bring my supplies in I have never worn breathable diapers again nor do I ever foresee myself doing so unless there is a complete & total dearth of PE shelled diapers around with the adhesive, sticky tapes.

PLEASE ignore/forgive typos, poor sentence structure and anything else wrong with my writing tonight. I have severe double vision, one hell of an indescribable headache & I've just about destroyed the low back massager I built as I must had used it for a minimum of 5-6 hours today....it turns itself off after 15 minutes but I managed to take that switch apart and eliminate the timer so it runs & runs & runs.

GaruDL

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have experienced the same thing. The diapers are super comfortable but unfortunately the tapes just doesn't work

tommytemper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I am assuming when you say tear off you mean from the back wing and not just comeing undone on the front.

I recently got 8 packs of ABRI FORM Premium M2's, and am about 1/2 way through the first pack and have had several that one or both of the top tapes have come disconnected from the rear wing. The best I could come up with was a snug nylon diaper cover I have worn over top, probably boxer briefs over them would help as well, just something that would take some of the stress off the tapes. One of them that failed while wearing I fixed with 🧷. Needless to say I am a little disappointed in them.

The tears bring me to tears.

Vistavision99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
tommytemper said:
I am assuming when you say tear off you mean from the back wing and not just comeing undone on the front.

I recently got 8 packs of ABRI FORM Premium M2's, and am about 1/2 way through the first pack and have had several that one or both of the top tapes have come disconnected from the rear wing. The best I could come up with was a snug nylon diaper cover I have worn over top, probably boxer briefs over them would help as well, just something that would take some of the stress off the tapes. One of them that failed while wearing I fixed with 🧷. Needless to say I am a little disappointed in them.

The tears bring me to tears.
Yeah, what you’ve described is pretty much the same thing that’s happening to me. The tabs seem to have a tendency to easily tear off from the back wing. I’ve had a few that tore when I was putting on the diaper, and I’ve had some that tore after I had worn them for a bit. It’s definitely a shame.

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I don’t want to sound like an advocate but… Has anyone ever contacted the supplier about these issues? Even though its an issue its sounding like it was just something that happened occasionally so it’s better not to spend any extra effort on it?
The users are also the people who have to provide the real life experiences somewhat. Only by giving the information will they make a better product in future even though you may switch to a different brand? So you may have had a bad experience but hopefully you can save someone else’s possibly disastrous experience?

Vistavision99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
IcyBlue said:
I don’t want to sound like an advocate but… Has anyone ever contacted the supplier about these issues? Even though its an issue its sounding like it was just something that happened occasionally so it’s better not to spend any extra effort on it?
The users are also the people who have to provide the real life experiences somewhat. Only by giving the information will they make a better product in future even though you may switch to a different brand? So you may have had a bad experience but hopefully you can save someone else’s possibly disastrous experience?
I agree with your statement entirely. I’ve reached out to the supplier, but I have not received a response as of me posting this. I’ll keep my eye on it though, in case I do receive any information.

Reactions: IcyBlue