Is using a non-native language for ABDL is more comfortable for you?

Sheogorat

Master of writing pointless posts
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Unusual questions time!

Context:
I began noticed more and more often that I switching to English (my main language is Russian), when I'm talking (mostly) about ABDL. I find it... more comfortable? IMO in English many words that adult babies use sounds more cute, than in Russian. I can suddenly switch to English when talking about my ABDL side. (It's a lucky thing that most of my friends understand English, even if they can't talk on English)

I think this is another form of escapism, because even though I'm already used to being an ABDL and acknowledging myself as a person, I still get embarrassed when I talk about such things...

Or just some words replaced by English ones, some of ABDL ''slang'' words just can't be translated. Or can be, but in a strange way. (I really didn't like words that have something to do with people with disabilities. Because i prefer referring to myself or my little friends as a baby, not as a disabled person)

There is a feeling that ABDL is simply not made for any slavic languages. Talking about it using Russian is seams not quite right...

I guess I've never really been in the Little Space/regression, because I live not alone and I have someone in the apartment 24/7/360, which prevents me from forgetting about rest of the world and regressing... But I'd probably prefer using English when regressing too.

In many CIS countries, when we mean "diaper", we mostly use the word "Pampers", even when referring to a different brand or even a cloth diaper/nappy. It is probably because diaper literally mean "something that goes under the bum".

Diaper is "podguznik":
"pod" - "under"
"guznik" (from an really old Russian word "guzlo") - "bum"

But this word is somewhat similar to a word "podzhopnik", this means "a leg kick under the bum":
"pod" - "under"
"zhopnik" (from a word "zhopa", a rude variant of word "popa" - "bum") - "bum" too, but little more rude

I think nobody wants to kick babies, we (mostly normies) use word "Pampers"

We have something like ruABDL slang. Cuz we don't want to treat ourselves as people with disabilities we tried to do our ABDL slang and shrink the word, now it sounds more cute. Now we saying something like "Памп" ([ˈpamp]) or more cute (diminutive) version of this word "Пампик" ([pàmp'ìk]).

But IMO diapy sounds better anyways.

We don't have "cute" translations to many ABDL terms, like:

• Caregiver
  • Baby talk
  • Stuffie

This is probably also one of the reasons why I often use English.

Languages is strange things.

Question to a >1 lang people: Do you have anything like that? Do you feel more comfortable communicating using non-native language? Why do you think you doing this?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: ElPulpo, babyfur13, lilbabyjooce and 2 others
On a somewhat related note I studied French (in Southern France) for roughly a year back in the early 2000s. I noticed that while I didn’t talk about ABDL while I was there I found that it was easier to wear and use diapers (specifically the largest size of Goodnites (Monoprix had them.)) when I was thinking in French rather than English.

Reactions: Sheogorat
Same here. I am also from a slavic country, but English is my preffered language when it comes to ABDL. For me, there are three main reasons.

1) All I have read so far on the topic of ABDL was in English. My English vocabulary is a lot bigger when it comes to baby things than my native vocabulary. I am not even sure, if I could describe ABDL to others in my own laguage well enough.

2) Since English is not my native language, talking in it does not feel as personal. There is a phenomenon that non english speakers curse a lot more when they are speaking english than when they are speaking in their native language. It is simply easier for us to say certain things in our second or third language than in our native language.

3) I also find a lot of english words for describing ABDL stuff a lot more cute and childish than words that my native language uses. This may however be a consequence of reason 1).

Reactions: lilbabyjooce, diaperedboypete and Sheogorat
I can pretty speak german and Mandarin in regards to ABDL though. Expect for tawinese i can read some pinzi of tawianese

Sheogorat said:
Unusual questions time!

Context:
I began noticed more and more often that I switching to English (my main language is Russian), when I'm talking (mostly) about ABDL. I find it... more comfortable? IMO in English many words that adult babies use sounds more cute, than in Russian. I can suddenly switch to English when talking about my ABDL side. (It's a lucky thing that most of my friends understand English, even if they can't talk on English)

I think this is another form of escapism, because even though I'm already used to being an ABDL and acknowledging myself as a person, I still get embarrassed when I talk about such things...

Or just some words replaced by English ones, some of ABDL ''slang'' words just can't be translated. Or can be, but in a strange way. (I really didn't like words that have something to do with people with disabilities. Because i prefer referring to myself or my little friends as a baby, not as a disabled person)

There is a feeling that ABDL is simply not made for any slavic languages. Talking about it using Russian is seams not quite right...

I guess I've never really been in the Little Space/regression, because I live not alone and I have someone in the apartment 24/7/360, which prevents me from forgetting about rest of the world and regressing... But I'd probably prefer using English when regressing too.

In many CIS countries, when we mean "diaper", we mostly use the word "Pampers", even when referring to a different brand or even a cloth diaper/nappy. It is probably because diaper literally mean "something that goes under the bum".

Diaper is "podguznik":

But this word is somewhat similar to a word "podzhopnik", this means "a leg kick under the bum":

I think nobody wants to kick babies, we (mostly normies) use word "Pampers"

We have something like ruABDL slang. Cuz we don't want to treat ourselves as people with disabilities we tried to do our ABDL slang and shrink the word, now it sounds more cute. Now we saying something like "Памп" ([ˈpamp]) or more cute (diminutive) version of this word "Пампик" ([pàmp'ìk]).

But IMO diapy sounds better anyways.

We don't have "cute" translations to many ABDL terms, like:

This is probably also one of the reasons why I often use English.

Languages is strange things.

Question to a >1 lang people: Do you have anything like that? Do you feel more comfortable communicating using non-native language? Why do you think you doing this?
Thay a real good question and I will be interested in the replys.

As for me I only speak English (That's the King's English! Not American.) Hee, hee

Sorry the big red shine button was just to temting.

But I have fould that went I am in Little space talking becomes harder. Forming sentences will come out like."cat, cat on mat," or I will forget the word completely and result to pointing. And look at Isaac.

Other time I won't want to take my pasifer out to talk and just point as it easier.

Pore Isaac has to tell me to use my "big boy words." So he understands what I am on about. However this will pull me out of little space a bit.

I have gone without before because I did want to speak and stay in Little space bliss.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce, Coldsleeper and Sheogorat
bump :^

Not exactly the same as I’m a native English speaker from the UK, but I now prefer to use some American terms when referring to ABDL stuff, so I tend to use diaper over nappy or pacifier over dummy when referring to these things in relation to myself, whereas in everyday contexts referring to an infant I would still use nappy/ dummy etc. It would feel weird to me to say I am wearing a nappy and sucking on a dummy, but not so much to say I’m wearing a diaper and sucking on a pacifier. I guess it’s because those are the terms usually used on ABDL sites over the UK terms.

Sometimes, but sometimes not.
It's nice to expand one's knowledge to cover multiple different words for the same thing, and I agree that it can feel more comfortable to use more ABDL-friendly terminlology than words which remind ourselves of our accessibility needs. Also, if there is no favourite word for a particular ABDL thing, it is easy to make one up. It's ok to go Freestyle! 'Pamp', 'diaper' and 'nappy' are just a few of many words that people may use to refer to the same object, even for those that lean towards English during Ageplay/regression. 'Dip', 'diap', 'diapy', 'funderwear', 'cuddlypants', 'padding'... the list is endless.

Reactions: babyfur13
Native French, over here...

Sheogorat said:
Do you have anything like that?
I haven't had to discuss ABDL outside of this community, so I'd be hard pressed to say, specifically for ABDL language, but there are, definitely, topics I struggle to talk about in French.

Sheogorat said:
Do you feel more comfortable communicating using non-native language?
I would most likely feel way more confortable speaking in English then in French about ABDL.

Sheogorat said:
Why do you think you doing this?
To me, it's mostly about vocabulary. Although I fluently speak both French and English and I'd likely have a hard time remembering in which language I expressed myself, if not for the context... I've read way more content in English (on the topic) than I ever did in French. So it's way easier, for me, to reach for most of those ideas in English then it would be in French. That said, I've never been able to role play, or things of the sort, so it's really more of a practical vocabulary then a specific mindset. As a result, in my case, I wouldn't put it on escapism, though I find the hypothesis really interesting and insightful.

Last edited:
I know three slavic languages and can confirm that ABDL terms sound much cuter in English. However, it could be because I see English words more often in this context

Amazing timing for this thread as I was just thinking about this.

My native language is English. I was born in the states, but after finding out that I'm almost half Polish I started learning the language and am very close to being conversational. I'm like A2 pressing up against B1 for language level.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE speaking in Polish. There absolutely is something comforting about it and it very well could be another identity escapism coping mechanism.

One thing that I really like and this may be an Autism thing, but it slows down my brain as I have to think more to speak and think it. And its just so insanely fascinating to see things from a different perspective (which is why I think I like to experience the Female identity as well).

But yeah, I love speaking my 2nd language. bardzo lubię mowic po polsku 😁

Next is spanish. Languages are my autism special interest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pelusos, Sheogorat, Magicalgirl101 and 2 others
Yes.
I feel more comfortable in a way using a secondary language because it creates a sense of distance and words don't have the same connetations and all the associations I have with my first language. Because I'm not as fluent and didn't grow up with it, so words just mean what they mean and I don't feel like I have to be careful not to reveal myself too much through my choice of words. Even though it of course can be frustrating and embarrassing to be not perfect at another language it also is freeing too.

KaleidoscopeKitty said:
Not exactly the same as I’m a native English speaker from the UK, but I now prefer to use some American terms when referring to ABDL stuff, so I tend to use diaper over nappy or pacifier over dummy when referring to these things in relation to myself, whereas in everyday contexts referring to an infant I would still use nappy/ dummy etc. It would feel weird to me to say I am wearing a nappy and sucking on a dummy, but not so much to say I’m wearing a diaper and sucking on a pacifier. I guess it’s because those are the terms usually used on ABDL sites over the UK terms.

Hmm, interesting. I knew that some people were more comfortable speaking another language in this context, but I didn't know that the same situation could be true for vocabulary.

It feels odd to me to use certain words from my children's infancy, so I say "paci" instead of "binky", for example.

My native language is Hungarian, when I use ABDL sites, 99% Adisc😄 I have to speak in English, becuse there is nice speach in this language. Hungarian has not so much native speakers, 13 millions thereabout, if we "import" a new technology, style, ideology or anything we import its words too. Some will be changed for newly created hungarians, sometimes we use the original, so useing English words is familiar to me.
But the words we used for diapers, peeing, pooping in my childhood couse my deepest feelings.

I am from Louisiana. My ex-wife/first Mommy when I was in Little headspace she'd talk to me in Cajun French. I know a lot of Cajun French, it is sprinkled in my language, but she would go deep in it. So not quite understanding her and being taught words, made me feel especially smol.

Thanks, @Sheogorat, for the interesting question and the insights into the Russian languages. I didn't find your "useless info" not useless at all, on the contrary I found it intriguing.
Sheogorat said:
In many CIS countries, when we mean "diaper", we mostly use the word "Pampers", even when referring to a different brand or even a cloth diaper/nappy.
In German, my native language, the domestic word is "Windel" from the verb "winden", meaning "to wind or wrap something around something else", which obviously originates from the times when long cloths were used. Besides this word, "Pampers" has become a genericized trademark in Germany and is used by many as a synonym, although I think "Windel" should be viable enough.
Sheogorat said:
I'm afraid I can't add much of interest. I'm a pure DL, not an AB, so cuteness and littlespace are not an issue for me. I tend to be explicit and wouldn't even say "Pampers", since my diaper experience is based on other brands. "Windel" is just fine for me.
I think in my case the English (well, American if you want, because it's rather diaper than nappy by habit) and German vocabulary are more or less interchangeable.

babyfur13 said:
I know three slavic languages and can confirm that ABDL terms sound much cuter in English. However, it could be because I see English words more often in this context
I can more or less speak Czech, Slovak, Polish, Russian, German and English. And some words like diaper or doll i know in a few more languages. But I dont agree that these sounds better in English than in Czech for example. We have also great or cute diminutives. It is not possible to translate everything literally (bedwetter for example has no exact equivalent, pacifier is terrible word resembling a sword, binky is better even if it is a company, not an item originally,...). I need English for my daily work so it is not something special for me. But thanks ABDL I learned many new words and improved my English a bit cos my original domain is technical English. But thanks this language we can communicate all together and it's great. I can't imagine that all these people would learn Czech for example. But at the same time, I'm sorry that those who don't know English have a problem joining us. How many would there be?

Reactions: Sheogorat, ElPulpo and babyfur13
PaKo66 said:
But thanks ABDL I learned many new words and improved my English a bit
Same. I was translating abdl comics (like from ABZComics and other popular ones) into Russian (from English) with a small team of enthusiasts (UPD: around 1.5 years ago.). Translating 150+ pages helped me a lot in learning English. And Photoshop too ;)

Now I'm learning how to write complex apps and watching/reading 75% of content on English. I'm not fluent, but I'm trying hard.

I'm thinking to start learning Chinese, because many interesting content is written on Chinese (Especially things like documentation to Neural networks implementations). But i still think that (American) English is best language for ABDL things

Last edited:
Reactions: babyfur13
Back