Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi peeps,

So today it's mighty hot where I live (for me) and I had to move 5m3 of soil by bucket from where it was dumped to our new garden beds.

Wound up with extra soil and had to move the extra cubic meter to be able to close the gate.

I did keep applying sun screen, had a hat on and drank I thought lots of water.

When I was finally close to finishing I kinda realised I was drooling and then just fell over. I got it together eventually and got to the shade, a longtime late I did get my gumboots off and got inside.

Apparently earlier I had come inside to get water, had an argument but that is really hazy.

Had a pounding headache but that is mainly gone.

So heatstroke?

Sure sounds like you overdid it a bit mate. Today was about the first really hot one we've had for a while...quite a bit hotter tomorrow. I was outside working too, and I certainly noticed the dehydration factor. I do hope you're feeling better though. :hugs:

I am all good, was pretty much fine after a couple of litres of water and a cold shower just hadn't experienced that before and wouldn't recommend it!

Thanks Marka for the PM and everything, thought I had posted I was fine by the time I jumped onto the 'net and was just looking for confirmation that's what heat or sunstroke was.

Thanks Ozbub bro, and yep another hot one.

Thanks Maxx man, sadly no athletic performance here and I guess I wasn't severe (just out of shape) since I bounced back so quick.

Heat exhaustion sounds like what you had. When you reach heatstroke, you stop sweating, turn red, and begin to have an altered level of consciousness. Heatstroke is life-threatening and requires immediate hospital care. Sounds like you caught it in time before it got too serious.

Skwuzzy said:
Heat exhaustion sounds like what you had. When you reach heatstroke, you stop sweating, turn red, and begin to have an altered level of consciousness. Heatstroke is life-threatening and requires immediate hospital care. Sounds like you caught it in time before it got too serious.

Thanks Skwuzzy,

I guess that's the same sort of difference to an allergy and an intolerance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back