Is this bowel incontinence?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
After I have done a poo I always get fecal smearing in my underpants which sometimes shows on my joggy bottoms as a fecal stain which is quite embarrassing. I had one person at the day centre I attend point it out on a walk, she had intellectuals disabilities so had no filters but was embarrassing. This is after I make sure I wipe properly and thoroughly I still get seepage.

I believe I have a weak sphincter muscles as I also have post void dribble when having a poo too. I tried doing kegel exercises but it continues. I started wearing nappies 24/7 and this helps with the embarrassment. Although I would like to lose control I am actually worried at the same time. With my level of muscle leakage if I continue will I actually end up more incontinent?

• Wow
Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and sport1

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
bobbilly said:
After I have done a poo I always get fecal smearing in my underpants which sometimes shows on my joggy bottoms as a fecal stain which is quite embarrassing. I had one person at the day centre I attend point it out on a walk, she had intellectuals disabilities so had no filters but was embarrassing. This is after I make sure I wipe properly and thoroughly I still get seepage.

I believe I have a weak sphincter muscles as I also have post void dribble when having a poo too. I tried doing kegel exercises but it continues. I started wearing nappies 24/7 and this helps with the embarrassment. Although I would like to lose control I am actually worried at the same time. With my level of muscle leakage if I continue will I actually end up more incontinent?
Do you clean with water after having a BM?
A wet wipe / wash cloth / shower etc

If yes and still shows up then id go talk to your doctor.

Reactions: bobbilly

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
SparkyDog said:
Do you clean with water after having a BM?
A wet wipe / wash cloth / shower etc

If yes and still shows up then id go talk to your doctor.
I use wet wipes to clean and still have seepage. enough that is notable on the wet wipes.

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
bobbilly said:
I use wet wipes to clean and still have seepage. enough that is notable on the wet wipes.
Then a visit to the doctor is in order

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
bobbilly said:

what you are describing is called encopresis one of the main causes of encopresis is actually constipation

Reactions: uknappygirl and todderhr

todderhr

Toddler in Hampton Roads, VA, USA
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
dpcare said:
what you are describing is called encopresis one of the main causes of encopresis is actually constipation
I was going to ask, “do you know if you’re voiding completely?”

Reactions: uknappygirl