Is there such thing as a good pull on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twtw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
For those of you who don't know, Goodnites Boxers where discontinued. I know a lot of people hated them but I loved them because they held a lot and provided the advantages of a pull on. So I stocked up on them but it feels wrong to use them.

So I'm looking for something to replace them. I have access to most brands locally (including most likely Abena), but would prefer not to order online since I live with my parents (I could pull it off if I need to). I think one thing that I would prefer would be plastic backing, since plastic leg gatherers work much better than cloth like. Any ideas?

turtleie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My favorite pull ons of all time are the tranquility nighttime ones. They're a little expensive, but they have amazing absorbancy, and they still have that diaper feel.

I know you said that you didn't want to order on-line, but these are the only good pull ons that I found worthy of checking out.

Tranquility Premium Overnight Disposable Absorbent Underwear e-Special Needs

And here's a link to get a free sample also. You can do it twice and they will send you 4 free diapers.

Diaper Request Form

Tiddles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
  6. Other
I have never found any disposable pull up to be any good, the only decent pull ups are the terry toweling ones. (In my opinion)

pldc

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My favourite pull-ups are Tena Ultimate Extra, they hold about 2 wettings at most, maybe 3 smaller ones.

They are super comfy and soft though.

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
This is something that I have been wondering as well. I was looking at the Tranquility and Abena brands for their reputation (and personal experience) with their diapers. The thing that I find unique in them, is that they seem to be the only ones with leak guards. I could, and probably am, wrong in stating that but I can't find any other brands that advertise this. I would love to find a nice pull-up style that I can wear while being active or in crowds and so on that I could trust with a decent wetting and no leaks at least. Something like that is also a heck of a lot easier to be discreet about when changing too.

princessjade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
oh yeah agree about being discreet and plus there not exactly noticeable i mean look like a normal 18 year old in my wc.

WildRoseBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If you like the boxers you might want to try belted undergarments. Although they are not a common as they used to be.

DougB

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
For those of you who don't know, Goodnites Boxers where discontinued. I know a lot of people hated them but I loved them because they held a lot and provided the advantages of a pull on. So I stocked up on them but it feels wrong to use them.

So I'm looking for something to replace them. I have access to most brands locally (including most likely Abena), but would prefer not to order online since I live with my parents (I could pull it off if I need to). I think one thing that I would prefer would be plastic backing, since plastic leg gatherers work much better than cloth like. Any ideas?

It really depends on what you plan to do. Most pull-ons will take *a* wetting, some better than others. I have to agree with turtlei in that the Tranquility overnights are probably best.
The biggest problem I've found, though, is the lack of a tight fit. This is particularly important if you want to wet more than once or sit down in any way. Almost every pull-on diaper I've tried leak around the legs / bum if I sit down.

I personally find them to be more of a hassle than an old fashioned tape-on - weak absorbancy, weak leg gathers, and the need to take off my pants to put it on. What is it about the pull-ons that you particularly enjoy?

MisterD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
What about the standards Goodnites underwear? If you were a fan of the boxers, wouldn't the underwear version be equally good from your perspective?

Gondola

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Suggest you at least try the Depends colored pull-ons. They work well for me and are readily available. I can get two good pees and no leaks.

mjk1090

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have found th tranquility pull up to be excellent i wear this during the day and ithe nighttime version hold alot and works well.

ZorroTheTool

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
In general, pull-up diapers are considered inferior to the tape-on's for a couple of reasons. The biggest one is that you can't customize the fit. Diapers are designed with multiple tapes so that you can pull each leg seam and the waist as tight as is comfortable for you. It's effectively a custom fit. Pull-ups don't have that option so they have to rely on elastic sew in to try and keep everything tight. But elastic stretches out over time and will stretch under too much weight. So if you're in a pull-up for a long time, or get it more than a little wet, the decent fit you had evaporates.

I've only tried a couple pull-ons (Goodnites and the like) and was pretty dissapointed. Taped diapers offer a better fit, better absorbancy and just a general better experience in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.