Is there really a PAF CON?

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Just saw an old re-run of CSI, entitled, "TO KILL FUR".

The plot revolved around a "PLUSIHIE AND FURRIE convention in Vegas... do they have such a thing? At these conventions do they really ERF PILE and SKRIT?

Just wondering on how close they got it on the episode.

DanielW said:
A simple google search says no...never actually happened

you cant believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet!;)

littlemoosey said:

The plot revolved around a "PLUSIHIE AND FURRIE convention in Vegas... do they have such a thing? At these conventions do they really ERF PILE and SKRIT?

There are many many furry coventions all around the world. It's definatly NOT like that. Sure some sexual things may happen behind closed hotel room doors but that's differert. Cons are a lot of fun, raise a good deal of money for the charity they pick to sponcer. They have really nice--not icky looking--fursuits (good for hugs). Nothing crazy.

Reactions: skunk053 and littlemoosey
They were probably referring to CAPCON, but changed the name so they wouldn't have to pay royalties.

littlemoosey said:

Is that a different episode from the "Fur & Loathing" episode? I couldn't find one under the "To Kill Fur" title.

Here's also a wiki entry on the made up con for that episode

Slomo said:
They were probably referring to CAPCON, but changed the name so they wouldn't have to pay royalties.
False ^_^

I actually remember when that episode originally aired. My mom and I were big into them at the time.

littlemoosey said:

The episode you were referring to is actually called "Fur and Loathing In Las Vegas".

That is honestly a good episode. Completely non-representative of furries but was amusing. I forget who it was but they did find a furry to "consult" for the episode. The producers ran that person through the mud and so did their peers. That was back when the community was especially gunshy as the California incident was fairly recent.

Back