Is there Different diaper rash cream?

Diaperedme

Toddler Lifestyle 👶
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
Is there different between the two?

Adult diaper rash cream and Baby diaper rash cream?

KitsuneFox

> Likes Cuddles <
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Carer
Brand ? Type ?

I've never had issues with using 'baby products', except sometimes the 'baby smell' gives away I'm using diapers , hehehe

Last edited:

Diaperedme

Toddler Lifestyle 👶
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
No I’m just asking in general no different?

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Adult and baby diaper rash products tend to be identical. There are two main types that I've come across:

Zinc oxide cream (such as Sudocreme) is antiseptic. It kills bacteria, promotes skin healing, and moisturises. You can also use it on scratches, burns, insect bites, spots, eczema, etc. If you rub it into the skin well, you don't need to wear a diaper to protect your clothes.

Barrier creams (such as Bepanthen) are better for really bad rashes as they form a protective layer over the skin to prevent further damage. They also have ingredients to promote skin healing. They are thick and oily, and they'd make a mess of your clothes if you didn't wear a diaper over the top.

Hope that helps :)

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
My routine includes cleaning the diaper area thoroughly with liquid hand soap with aloe vera, rinsing well to remove soap residue and drying thoroughly before diapering. For maintenance I use Remedy Skin Repair Cream and at the first sign of diaper rash I switch to Cetaphil Baby Diaper Rash Cream. This has worked well for several years dealing with both urine and bowel incontinence. Hope it’s helpful for you.

winterheart01

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Incontinent
Adult and baby diaper rash products tend to be identical. There are two main types that I've come across:

Zinc oxide cream (such as Sudocreme) is antiseptic. It kills bacteria, promotes skin healing, and moisturises. You can also use it on scratches, burns, insect bites, spots, eczema, etc. If you rub it into the skin well, you don't need to wear a diaper to protect your clothes.

Barrier creams (such as Bepanthen) are better for really bad rashes as they form a protective layer over the skin to prevent further damage. They also have ingredients to promote skin healing. They are thick and oily, and they'd make a mess of your clothes if you didn't wear a diaper over the top.

Hope that helps :)
Actually in this sense there is a difference.
For baby diaper rash creams the maximum amount of zinc oxide is 10%, some "cosmetic" branded rash creams have a little less. The perfumes they add to it can irritate as well.

Sudocrem is known as a mild rash cream, not effective for heavy rashes.
Heavier rashes require Aldanex skin protect which does not have zinc oxide but is veeeery sticky, its both barrier cream and healing ointment, or you could use Inotyol with 15% zinc oxide, this brand falls more into the adult incontinence range.

For fungal rashes Daktozin paste can be used for both baby and adults.

Most general adult diaper rash creams such as the ones from Abena, Hartmann and tena have 10% zinc oxide. But you can find creams with 15% (inotyol) or even 20% zinc oxide and in the USA there is SECURA Extra Protective Cream Skin Protectant with 30% zinc oxide in it. This is a verry sturdy thick paste.