Is there anything wrong with physically becoming a fur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Now, there was a Furspace thread on a similar subject of the technology of becoming a furry, But I want to ask... would you actually do it?

Would you actually pay to have your body genetically altered so that you might be the fursona of your dreams?

Of course, the process would not be free. I would imagine that at best, it might cost somewhere between 10,000 and 20,000 U.S. Dollars, before inflation. Of course, if you were to save up, it would be reasonable.

But if you could, would you save up, design, and have your body become whatever you want?

This thread also has potential for other related issues. Is it ethical? When would you pay, before or after? Would your mind change at all?

There's others, but I'll answer the questions I have presented.

1: Hell yes I'd become my fursona. I am even strongly considering going to college in genetics so that I may help to create the process for this transformation.

2: I think it's perfectly ethical. We already have cosmetic surgeons making people as beautiful as they can afford to buy. This is the same thing, but in a different method and we have an understandably different vision of "Beauty." It is, as they say, found in the eye of the beholder.

3: I think you should pay most of it before, or at the very least be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are capable of paying for the process. This is because if you cannot pay, you cannot exactly return the goods, not even Repo the Genetic Opera style. It actually probably cost more to change you back than it'd be worth, not to mention be psychologically crippling.

4: I don't think the mind should be made any lesser, ever. Stronger? Perhaps, but you have to pay extra, and undergo extensive psychological tests to be sure you do not become an unstopable, evil (albeit fuzzy and cute) genius.

The process would be kind of like this story, where you are changed, then have to spend some time recovering and taking some lessons.

Discuss!

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
1. It's not that I wouldn't like it, but I probably wouldn't go through with it.
2. I don't see anything unethical about it.
3. I'm not sure. I guess some of it should be paid beforehand though. Like a down payment.
4. Changing the mind is almost a different thing altogether, though I can see how it could be related. Anyway, some kind of psychological sessions and tests would probably be highly recommended, whether the mind is somehow altered or not. It will still be altered, in a way, just from the psychological effects of the whole procedure.

Siddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
there is already Catman and lizard man that have stuff done to them to make them the way they want.

I don't see anything wrong with having yourself changed genetically or surgery as long as when its done your as healthy as before you did it. I would do it myself if i could.

The only real draw back about doing it is simple closed minded people that want to protest about every little thing even when it does not harm them one bit. (Sorry if i went off your topic a bit)

Last edited:

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Personally I think it's perfectly okay to become your fursona if you particularly wish. But then I don't really put much importance in morals and ethics. You should do what you want with reality because others will do whatever they want to you...

S

Secret

I think its fine sure we all say its fine but people willstill think oddly of you and you will be deiscriminated against by some very close minded people.

Or you could end up like this lady here.
YouTube - Cheetah Lady
: O

B

Butterfly Mage

I wouldn't do it. I don't think it's a moral issue however.

Of course, if I could become a butterfly/human hybrid, it would be cool being able to fly, hee hee.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
I think its fine sure we all say its fine but people willstill think oddly of you and you will be deiscriminated against by some very close minded people.

That's one of the main reasons I wouldn't do it. Though I wish I didn't give a crap about what other people think. Second reason is I don't like the idea of the pain and surgery involved.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
That's one of the main reasons I wouldn't do it. Though I wish I didn't give a crap about what other people think. Second reason is I don't like the idea of the pain and surgery involved.

One: If you are harassed, you can easily press charges. Not to mention having sharp claws would help if that's how you went...

And for number two...

Morphine!
It works!

... but if you don't like the idea of going under the knife in general, I was thinking modifying the genetic structure and letting the body change itself. Not only would it not involve being operated on, it would probably rejuvenate the body age-wise and heal any number of other genetic issues.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Am I the only one who though of South Park when reading this? You know, the episode where Gerald has a dolphin-plasty to turn him into his inner self? No?

Anyway, I'll start of by saying that if there was technology that allowed for this kind of surgery it would be... well, very cool. And by that I don't mean tattooing a fur pattern on yourself and inserting silicone under your skin to mimic animal looks. I mean the real deal, as in having actual, good looking fur growing on you body.

Now, I'm not a furry, so maybe I can't see the whole "thing" in doing it, but I wouldn't unless it became acceptable to a degree where I could hold a job that wouldn't be as a circus freak. However, if it was entirely acceptable in mainstream society I would certainly consider doing it. Mostly because of the whole "awesome factor". Anthropomorphism is really very aesthetically pleasing and I think it would look good on me.

As for it being unethical, I just can't see why it would be. Then again, my looks on medical ethics would make any zealous christian's blood boil.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
When I as in college I thought it would be cool. But now I wouldn't because of employment. Hello hiring committee. This is Mr. Wolf. Oh don't worry, he doesn't bite!

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Never. In a thousand years, never ever. I feel like a freak enough when nobody knows about my interests.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
No surgery? Well.... I think I'd be more likely to go along with it then! As long as lots of other people are doing it too. Or if I can find a group of others going through it to be my friends. I do care what other people think, but I wish I didn't. So if I could find friends that also want the procedure, then it wouldn't be so bad. But I still can't give this a yes, more like a maybe.

Last edited:

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
I'd be up for it as long as I a) wasnt the first b) wasn't the only one and c) ca still be a productive member of some part of society or a society, like a village of Furries

Y

Yumi

I don't personally believe this is a good thing at all.

Besides, your fursona might look good drawn on a piece of paper... But actually looking like it? I'm pretty sure the real life version would be ugly as hell. No offense to anyone!

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
I wouldn't do it personally, because a.) I can't go into hospitals with out feeling weird or passing out. b.) I'd probably change my mind after or half way through the operation. c.) I'm happy with the way I am now.

thad

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
hrm, lets see... I have a wings tattoo that goes from my ankles to my shoulders.
I had magnets implanted in my fingertips to get a sense of "magnetic vision" For what it's worth, the magnet experiment failed when the coating fell apart ( BME: Tattoo, Piercing and Body Modification News ModBlog "Healthy" Magnetic Implant Removed ) which meant removal, waiting a few months, and trying again.

Experimentation can be a wonderful thing, and I know people who already do ear reshaping, horns, split tongues and the like. If we could figgure out how to do a prehensile tail, I'm sure it would be on someones list soon. But with each of these comes risk of rejection, infection, and a host of special and weird side effects which may be new. If you are serious about these things, and willing to work with your... um "doctor" and monitor yourself for years afterwards, many of them are attainable. It's a question of finding, little by little, how to do so.

As far as interacting with other people, I think that anyone who is truly themselves, regardless of whether there is any physical change at all, will be against the masses. That is simply the way it's always been.

my $0.02.

-- Thad

p.s. regarding the price, the 20,000 price mentioned in the original post is about what sex reassignment surgeries go for in Thailand right now

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I wouldn't do it, ever. You might think that you could handle the amount of abuse you can recieve, but I don't know if you could. I don't have experience with it, but I'm sure it's worse than anything you can think of. Also, you should really get a mental evaluation before, and through the surgeries, and for a while after that. I think pictures of furries are much better looking than people made into one. I probably don't understand the whole furry thing, but I think physicallying turning yourself into one is taking it too far. I think just a well made costume would suffice.

WraithVintari

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
depends on your definition of wrong, and how far your willing to go for it. i myself plan on getting an orca tail, but i am aware PETA may try to firebomb my house, and so am planning accordingly. also, best to ALREADY have a job and not get fired from it.

im going for a bio major, and i plan on injecting orca stem cells into my rear. of course i have to set up a semi-permiable barrier designed to keep my cells from killing the new orca cells....you dont need to hear all my plans

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
I don't personally believe this is a good thing at all.

Besides, your fursona might look good drawn on a piece of paper... But actually looking like it? I'm pretty sure the real life version would be ugly as hell. No offense to anyone!

That's part of my hesitation too. I definitely wouldn't want to be one of the first few. After a while, they could improve procedures so that the new form wouldn't look "ugly as hell", as you put it. (maybe even improving the looks of those who have already had the procedure.) But even then, this is a big decision that would take a lot of time to think about.
In an ideal world, I'd have been born as my fursona. This isn't an ideal world though. Lots of things make that apparent. It's funny how things can be so far off from what we wish they could be. And by funny, I mean not funny at all. Yet, if I had been born as my fursona, would I have grown up to wish I were something else? :eek: So confusing....

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
It sounds like that would be taking things too far. After all, no matter how much plastic surgery you apply, you won't be the animal you desire to be. On the other hand, you will cease to be a 'proper' human. So you'll live stuck in between being a human and being an animal - neither site will really accept and integrate you.
In other words, you'd be really lonely!

Besides, I'm not a big fan of plastic surgery as it is. You're dealt your genes at the moment of conception, and I believe that you should live with them unless there's something really defective that will threaten your life. Unfortunately, life isn't really about choosing most of the time, but about coping with what you've got!

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.