Is there any guide or tutorial for modding baby pacifiers??

nanaze

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I own a ton of baby/toddler pacis and find them kind of uncomfortable to use for a long period of time since they're too small for my mouth. I've heard of people modding them but I don't know if there's any actual step-by-step tutorials out there or if it's just going to be trial and error. Anyone have any resources for this or any advice/experience doing so??

Reactions: medfet878
just buy an adult one

littleK1626 said:
just buy an adult one
Yeah, that's the easiest route. I have adult ones too, but the designs on baby pacifiers are just too cute which is why I would be interested in modding them. They're dirt cheap so I figure it's worth a shot. I wish adult pacis had more variation in design, I'm either going to have to mod my baby ones or learn how to put designs on adult pacis.

unfortunately i dont know

Tutorial for what? You're either changing the nipple out, painting then, or gluing things to them.

Not much to cover.

Maybe the only thing not obvious is using a urethane or acrylic clear coat to seal and waterproof any custom decals so they can't peel off.

what kind of binkys are they? mam or nuk? I have both tutorials if you want them :)

Reactions: Cottontail
GiggleSquiggle said:
what kind of binkys are they? mam or nuk? I have both tutorials if you want them :)
Tell me about the NUKs. I’ve yet to mod any of the newer ones without gouging the heck out of them. Consequently most of my own pacifier mods are MAMs (for which I do this). I’ve also had good luck with the Monpoke pacifiers from Japan. Those are glued, but if you go really slowly with a butter knife or similar, you can open them without messing them up at all.

I’d really like to mod my newish NUKs thought. I’ve got some Bambi and Lion King ones that I’d love to use, but the baby-sized nipples are thoroughly unsatisfying.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Tell me about the NUKs. I’ve yet to mod any of the newer ones without gouging the heck out of them. Consequently most of my own pacifier mods are MAMs (for which I do this). I’ve also had good luck with the Monpoke pacifiers from Japan. Those are glued, but if you go really slowly with a butter knife or similar, you can open them without messing them up at all.

I’d really like to mod my newish NUKs thought. I’ve got some Bambi and Lion King ones that I’d love to use, but the baby-sized nipples are thoroughly unsatisfying.
here is the tutorial i used for nuks!!! also please show me the bambi ones omg

• Love
Reactions: nanaze, Sourpants and Cottontail
I wanna make my own pacis with 2.5D character charms. Thinking the crocs jibbitz type of stuff should be a good candidate as you can find the perfect size Mickey, Pooh, Pokémon, Paw Patrol, anything you want.

Just snip the peg off and scuff up the unseen mating surfaces and use E6000 craft cement.

I wish Fixx pacis would come out in classic solid primary colors red, green, yellow, blue, and orange though. Colors are too light and pastel looking. Mix up some red and blue guard and ring and slap a Pikachu charm on there. 🥰

Last edited:
GiggleSquiggle said:
here is the tutorial i used for nuks!!! also please show me the bambi ones omg
Thanks! I've tried boiling but maybe I've not been patient enough with the prying. I'll give it another go, including with laser-cut "collars" to help avoid prying directly on the button. That's magic with the MAMs (no boiling necessary).

I'm away from home at the moment, but here's a Google-found image of the Bambi ones. I bought a few of these a couple of years ago and wrecked one, but I've still got a couple unused ones left and I'd love to fit larger nipples to them.

nuk.jpg

Cottontail said:

I think n3komumanddad did one on nuk

This is what I did to get my toddler MAMs to fit. I love MAM shields!

Cottontail said:
Thanks! I've tried boiling but maybe I've not been patient enough with the prying. I'll give it another go, including with laser-cut "collars" to help avoid prying directly on the button. That's magic with the MAMs (no boiling necessary).

I'm away from home at the moment, but here's a Google-found image of the Bambi ones. I bought a few of these a couple of years ago and wrecked one, but I've still got a couple unused ones left and I'd love to fit larger nipples to them.

View attachment 107179
ah, ive modded these ones before! just so you know, you WILL Have to super glue them closed. the adult teat is too big for it, its bulges out, but it is possible! the glue is so strong on those ;;;;

GiggleSquiggle said:
The tutorial I used for nuks.

Many regressors have had a rather tricky time modifying baby Nuk pacifiers.

This only works with the ones where the pacifier nipple is exposed on the back. This is the case with most latex Nuk baby pacifiers. What one needs: A bowl of water, microwave, Nuk baby pacifier, and Flathead screwdriver. What to do: Put the pacifier in a water bowl and microwave it for 3 minutes. When you take it out, dunk them under a few times and let it sit for about 5 minutes. When ready, remove the pacifier and squeeze any trapped water out of the nipple. Get your screwdriver and wedge it between the nipple opening and the white piece inside with the pacifier facing away from you. Start prying the pieces apart, especially at the sides. Boiling it should have made the pacifier more pliable and "lubed up". When doing this, put a pillow under it because the screwdriver will slip a few times and may stab at something. Depending on how much force you use, the white piece may have a few scratches, so I only pried at the underside. It's not noticeable either way because most of the white piece goes inside the nipple. Now, pull the baby nipple out and replace it with the adult one. I've only had success with putting an Aww So Cute pacifier nipple in one of these and getting the pacifier to ring back on because the silicone is so thin, I have had no success getting a Babypants or other nipple with the ring in one of these because the material is thicker and I'm quite weak. Still, it is absolutely doable if you have enough light and a steady hand! Then, you have a modded Nuk baby pacifier for an adult mouth!

Last edited:
Back