Hardacttofollow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
My children are asking some small questions about my age regression and i think it would be best to explain some things instead of having them google it and get false information.

They are 17 and 11 months, 12, 12 and 4.

I would like to tell the older 3 and wait to tell my youngest.

I've seen a therapist about it and as it is getting harder to find time to regress I've been really stressed and anxious.

They already know about it but have no real idea what it is and are curious about it.

I also have reason to believe my eldest is somewhat interested in it and would like to know how to help

I'd tell them that some people don't get a chance to live out their childhood as well as they would've wanted to. This causes a lot of stress and problems because a good childhood helps us grow up into healthy adults. Some adults feel strongly that they have parts of themselves to relive as kids so they can step away from all the pressures of being adults. Put it in their terms... isn't it easier to be a preschooler than a middle schoolers? Or young adult? Well, it's like, 20x more stressful being a mature adult with a family. So just like some people go on vacations, some adults go on mental vacations where they get to act like kids and get rid of some stress and pressure.

Keep it as simple as that and only answer questions they bring up. There's such a thing as oversharing, and your kids aren't entitled to know all your personal business (nor do they want to). Remind them you're an adult almost all of the time and your regression happens when you have finished your responsibilities and have the free time to be a kid again, just like they need to do their chores and homework before they get to play.

Reactions: Deleted member 60117, WarriorPrincess and Hardacttofollow
I would definitely tell your eldest, "Thank you, but you have your life to live. This is a personal thing for me and the best way for you to help is to understand that sometimes I need my personal time to regress. Then, as long as we both love and accept each other, that's all that matters."

Keep a healthy separation between you and your kids. You'll both thank each other for it later.

Reactions: Deleted member 60117, BobbiSueEllen and Saltedcaramel64
BigKid25 said:
I'd tell them that some people don't get a chance to live out their childhood as well as they would've wanted to. This causes a lot of stress and problems because a good childhood helps us grow up into healthy adults. Some adults feel strongly that they have parts of themselves to relive as kids so they can step away from all the pressures of being adults. Put it in their terms... isn't it easier to be a preschooler than a middle schoolers? Or young adult? Well, it's like, 20x more stressful being a mature adult with a family. So just like some people go on vacations, some adults go on mental vacations where they get to act like kids and get rid of some stress and pressure.

Keep it as simple as that and only answer questions they bring up. There's such a thing as oversharing, and your kids aren't entitled to know all your personal business (nor do they want to). Remind them you're an adult almost all of the time and your regression happens when you have finished your responsibilities and have the free time to be a kid again, just like they need to do their chores and homework before they get to play.
I really appreciate the kindness.

Everywhere ive looked i get the same thing. A violent attack because its inappropriate.

I'll only answer what i think is appropriate for the one asking and again thank you for your kindness

Reactions: Deleted member 60117
BigKid25 said:
I would definitely tell your eldest, "Thank you, but you have your life to live. This is a personal thing for me and the best way for you to help is to understand that sometimes I need my personal time to regress. Then, as long as we both love and accept each other, that's all that matters."

Keep a healthy separation between you and your kids. You'll both thank each other for it later.
I agree but i also wouldn't mind the occasional regression time if they want to. I just notice they suck their thumb a lot when stressed and try wearing multiple layers of underwear.

Should i ask if they are interested and want a trial day while it's just them, my partner and i?

Hardacttofollow said:
I agree but i also wouldn't mind the occasional regression time if they want to. I just notice they suck their thumb a lot when stressed and try wearing multiple layers of underwear.

Should i ask if they are interested and want a trial day while it's just them, my partner and i?
I wouldn't mind helping them if they are like me.

Only things i won't give are stuffies and nuk nuk (paci)

Hardacttofollow said:

personally I would't go full in, first ask them why they are doing it, it may not be for the same reasons you do or think. But never be pushy, teens and preteens in particular are extremely self-conscious about these things (I was abdl since age 13 and i had to hide and suppress it for over a decade due to a knee-jerk reaction from my mother back then) If they don't wish to tell you then back off for a while and approach again at a later time. Are they Neurodivergent and are you Neurodivergent? (ASD, ADHD, etc.) if so it could be a coping mechanism from overstimulation and anxiety. Point is don't expose them to your thing more than they need to be while helping them discover themselves, there are worse things people get into when stressed at that age (drugs or self harm), so make sure to be supportive but never ever pushy. And honestly if they get exposed to this kind of thing its better that they talk to their parents rather than go on the internet just to learn of some really fucked up variations and individuals that would make them feel ashamed of themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 60117
SuzakuAkatori said:
personally I would't go full in, first ask them why they are doing it, it may not be for the same reasons you do or think. But never be pushy, teens and preteens in particular are extremely self-conscious about these things (I was abdl since age 13 and i had to hide and suppress it for over a decade due to a knee-jerk reaction from my mother back then) If they don't wish to tell you then back off for a while and approach again at a later time. Are they Neurodivergent and are you Neurodivergent? (ASD, ADHD, etc.) if so it could be a coping mechanism from overstimulation and anxiety. Point is don't expose them to your thing more than they need to be while helping them discover themselves, there are worse things people get into when stressed at that age (drugs or self harm), so make sure to be supportive but never ever pushy. And honestly if they get exposed to this kind of thing its better that they talk to their parents rather than go on the internet just to learn of some really fucked up variations and individuals that would make them feel ashamed of themselvfirst
We are neurotypical.

They are very open about things but have been a bit shy about it.

I've always told them i will always support them no matter what and just want to break the ice a bit (i have noticed a familiar crinkling sound coming from their room a couple times and a few missing crayons from my colouring supplies which is what first raised my suspicions) and I'll remain fully adult unless they ask me to join in(after the first time as i will be doing the watchful parent thing)

Hardacttofollow said:
We are neurotypical.

They are very open about things but have been a bit shy about it.

I've always told them i will always support them no matter what and just want to break the ice a bit (i have noticed a familiar crinkling sound coming from their room a couple times and a few missing crayons from my colouring supplies which is what first raised my suspicions) and I'll remain fully adult unless they ask me to join in(after the first time as i will be doing the watchful parent thing)
I'm never going to push them to do anything and fully respect their boundaries.

I'm also hoping that explaining some things and clarifying a few things will help let them know its ok to be little and it's nothing to be ashamed of if they enjoy it.

Reactions: medfet878
I have 6 year old at home and I'm experiencing the same thing. She knows I dress like a baby for bedtime and sometimes i drink from bottles and of course wear diapers.

She did once ask me why I like to pretend to be baby. We discussed it as the same as her wanting to dress up at Halloween or when she roll plays at play time. She has seemed to accept it.

I always wear something over my diapers and wait until she's asleep for my baby attire

For me...diapers/baby play is not a fetish, its part of me...who I am.

Reactions: Hardacttofollow and BigKid25
Hardacttofollow said:

There's a big difference between allowing them to have their own regression time and inviting them into your regression time. I think it's a sticky situation to involve your kids in your regression, whether it's innocent or not. I would applaud you to support them in their own journey but, trust me, you don't want to actually play with them as babies when they're that age. I might have some more understanding if they were younger and wanted to feel cared about but the older they get the more complicated things get on the matter.

Now if you're solely talking about letting them experience it for themselves, I'd leave that option up to them. Adults have an exponential amount of influence in a child's life. We have to have the utmost caution to ensure that our personal preferences aren't unintentionally pushing them towards something that we want to see rather than what it really is. Don't put the idea in their head and don't facilitate the regression. Give them space and acceptance to explore themselves, but then, let then figure it out for themselves. Teenagers need a healthy level of detachment from their parents. That's part of mature development.

Reactions: Deleted member 60117 and Hardacttofollow
Just my two cents but I would never feel comfortable involving my children in my regression. It just seems sort of creepy. If I had a child who was either AB or DL, I certainly would support them. I remember what it was like when I was in junior high and high school and desperately wanting diapers but not being able to tell anyone or get diapers. I see no harm in teens wearing diapers and/or regressing but they need their space separate from mine.

Reactions: Mingus, Saltedcaramel64, BigKid25 and 2 others
I don't plan on ever telling my children. If they accidentally find out then I'll have to come up with something. But this is my thing and, IMO, they don't need to ever know.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
BigKid25 said:
There's a big difference between allowing them to have their own regression time and inviting them into your regression time. I think it's a sticky situation to involve your kids in your regression, whether it's innocent or not. I would applaud you to support them in their own journey but, trust me, you don't want to actually play with them as babies when they're that age. I might have some more understanding if they were younger and wanted to feel cared about but the older they get the more complicated things get on the matter.

Now if you're solely talking about letting them experience it for themselves, I'd leave that option up to them. Adults have an exponential amount of influence in a child's life. We have to have the utmost caution to ensure that our personal preferences aren't unintentionally pushing them towards something that we want to see rather than what it really is. Don't put the idea in their head and don't facilitate the regression. Give them space and acceptance to explore themselves, but then, let then figure it out for themselves. Teenagers need a healthy level of detachment from their parents. That's part of mature development.
I completely understand that.

All I'm saying is i wouldn't mind the (very) occasional play time if they ever want to and only if they really want to.

I've had a talk with my eldest and it turns out they are interested but still a bit cautious with it so I've simply said i am always there to talk to and it's their thing to do as they wish like my little time is for me and they should ask my partner (who is in charge during regression and will ask me if it's ok) first before joining in.

Hardacttofollow said:
I completely understand that.

All I'm saying is i wouldn't mind the (very) occasional play time if they ever want to and only if they really want to.

I've had a talk with my eldest and it turns out they are interested but still a bit cautious with it so I've simply said i am always there to talk to and it's their thing to do as they wish like my little time is for me and they should ask my partner (who is in charge during regression and will ask me if it's ok) first before joining in.
I agree with what others have said on here; it's probably best not to
exert any influence on your kids while they're still figuring out this
stuff on their own.

Definitely applaud you for being transparent about it to your kids -
it's probably best for them to have your regression explained by you
rather than for them to look it up online and get the wrong idea. But,
perhaps it'd be best to leave it at that and retain that degree of
separation from their own interests.

Reactions: Hardacttofollow, BigKid25 and BobbiSueEllen
diaperdrawer said:
I agree with what others have said on here; it's probably best not to
exert any influence on your kids while they're still figuring out this
stuff on their own.

Definitely applaud you for being transparent about it to your kids -
it's probably best for them to have your regression explained by you
rather than for them to look it up online and get the wrong idea. But,
perhaps it'd be best to leave it at that and retain that degree of
separation from their own interests.
At the moment I'm really just answering questions for them.

I've asked my eldest if they want a day to try it out while my partner and i watch and make sure everything is ok and they said yes.

I'm only going to support them and supply diapers for now (i have literally tons of different ones) and see how things go but they were wearing a lighter diaper last night (they asked for one to try sleeping in but i don't think the thicker ones are very easy to start with straight up) and they loved it.

Back