Is there a reason ABDL companies don't make good booster pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orionstar

Contributor
I've been trying out many different booster pads since the really good ones were discontinues many years ago (old Abri-let Maxi, AO Vorlage and Azipads - if you didn't try any of these, you don't know what good booster is). Unfortunately all of the current available ones are really disappointing. Let's go in to the details.

All of the ABDL booster pads such as Tykable Dubblers, ABU Powerupps and White Max mega booster and analogs follow the very same road. They all about 40cm or 16" long, 15cm /6" wide and 2cm thick. They have very high SAP content and hold around 2,500 ml or liquid. Obviously the factory setting seems to be pretty much the same in every abdl booster pad. Ok, now what's wrong with these?

They are too short! I've never understood the decision not to make full-length boosters but leave them short. Why is that? I've tried to put them in the diaper on the front, but then there is a step, a difference in thickness, in the middle of my butt which is uncomfortable. And they have the possibility of sliding back into the middle of the diaper when moving. I've tried to put them on the middle. That just doesn't make sense because then they fall short on the front and all the liquids will go into the diaper bypassing the booster completely. In the back it gives nice thick feeling, but then there is nothing on the front again and they will slide into the middle anyway at some point. It would be awesome if some of you ABDL companies would actually make full-length booster pads (65cm/25").

They have too much SAP! This leads the booster to actually absorb ridiculous amount of liquids and then they burst. They prevent the main diaper doing its job as now the booster pad is doing all the work. A booster pad should absorb liquid of course, but I think the more important thing for them is to be able to wick fast and transport the wetness in to a larger area on the main diaper and after that feel dry to the skin. These SAP filled booster pads just swell uncontrollably and presses the liquid filled SAP layers to your skin which makes the skin start itching leaving the diaper dry. It's like sitting on a jelly. Not cool. Maybe I'm weird, but I like seeing my diaper wet once in a while.

Those are the main problems I have with ABDL booster pads. However there are medical booster pads available out there which are full-length, such as new Abri-form maxi, ID expert maxi, Lille classic extra and other clones. What are wrong with these then?

Quite simply they are SAP filled and very thin. I've used these for now, but I just can't shake that uncomfortable feeling they have when wet. It's as if they harden and press the wet hard booster against my skin while still being underwhelming from the thickness point of view. They don't actually really swell. It really makes me wonder why would anyone discontinue good product and make a bad one instead.

The old purely fluff filled booster never had any of these problems. The felt dry after a night against the skin, although the diaper itself was wet. They were as thick as ABDL booster pads, but softer. They were full-length, they did their job wicking fast and distributing the wetness throughout the diaper. I didn't feel like having a jelly cake in my pants. I don't believe I'm nostalgic about these feelings because I tried thin SAP booster clones already at the time those better booster pads were available and I felt the same.

Why do I need booster when ABDL diapers already hold 7,000 ml liquids at best?
To add bulk. Diapers are just too thin for me. Anything above 4,000 ml absorbency is enough for me, so I don't really care about absorbency that much. I would never use one diaper for 12 hours! But I have my history in the 80's so I like diapers to be plastic packed and bulky and fluffy. ABDL diapers deliver the plastic. Maybe some day they can also be thick and fluffy as well. I know it's mostly the Chinese factory machines that will dictate the limits of what the diapers can be today sadly. I will leave the rant of ABDL diapers for some other day.

But the factories should be able to make old style full length thick SAPless booster pads! Please ABU and others, make these happen! Name them vintage boosters or something, but make it happen! Maybe I could actually start enjoying wearing diapers again.

Tl;dr
Modern booster pads are bad. Someone please bring back old ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: crooke3, winterheart01, Tigondegra and 3 others
So you haven't tried Northshore ones? The XL is definitely a full-length booster.

Reactions: dl015, redbullfiend and Pissingtiger
Absolutely agree. The old Abri-let maxi boosters were probably the best boosters. I'm still upset with their flatter redesign.

16 inches for a booster is silly and damn near pointless. Unless they mean for you to use two boosters every time you use even one. I think the thickness of the Tykables dubblers makes this even worse because the step from booster to diaper is so stark that it just makes it feel awkward.

Reactions: orionstar and Jonnythepony
ronnieM said:
So you haven't tried Northshore ones? The XL is definitely a full-length booster.
It's also almost exclusively a sap booster with little fluff. The hourglass shape makes it awkward with diapers with leak guards, which is almost all of them. Heck, I'd almost begrudgingly use them if they at least made them so they could fit between the leakguards.

orionstar said:
All of the ABDL booster pads such as Tykable Dubblers, ABU Powerupps and White Max mega booster and analogs follow the very same road. They all about 40cm or 16" long, 15cm /6" wide and 2cm thick. They have very high SAP content and hold around 2,500 ml or liquid. Obviously the factory setting seems to be pretty much the same in every abdl booster pad.
Actually both the NorthShore and ABU PowerUps (Euro) are rated around 1000ml, not 2500. The Tykables Dubbblers are rated at 2500. All three products are made in different factories though.

orionstar said:
Ok, now what's wrong with these?

They are too short! I've never understood the decision not to make full-length boosters but leave them short. Why is that?
Unfortunately this is as long as, our, factory can make it, trust me; I wanted it to be 20 inches.

Iron said:
Absolutely agree. The old Abri-let maxi boosters were probably the best boosters. I'm still upset with their flatter redesign.

16 inches for a booster is silly and damn near pointless. Unless they mean for you to use two boosters every time you use even one. I think the thickness of the Tykables dubblers makes this even worse because the step from booster to diaper is so stark that it just makes it feel awkward.
Unfortunately this is as long as, our, factory can make it, trust me; I wanted it to be 20 inches.

orionstar said:
Why do I need booster when ABDL diapers already hold 7,000 ml liquids at best?
To add bulk. Diapers are just too thin for me. Anything above 4,000 ml absorbency is enough for me, so I don't really care about absorbency that much. I would never use one diaper for 12 hours! But I have my history in the 80's so I like diapers to be plastic packed and bulky and fluffy. ABDL diapers deliver the plastic. Maybe some day they can also be thick and fluffy as well. I know it's mostly the Chinese factory machines that will dictate the limits of what the diapers can be today sadly. I will leave the rant of ABDL diapers for some other day.
While this is one use, to have just added bulk. A majority of our customers would not like this and it doesn't make sense to have a SAP and SAPless version of the same thing. While we are reaching, or maybe have reached, a tipping point where higher than where we are isn't needed; it will sell. People buy our 7000ml Ultra line and Dubblers often, that is why we added the ability to do so from one page. I get what you are saying, practically sure it makes no sense. However we are not talking about practicality here, we are talking about physical, emotional comfort, or a sexual aspect for the majority of people who buy them. You just may not be in that majority. You want a thicker diaper, most people who want a thicker diaper want it to be thicker to absorb more. Personally I love the Waddle either way. I like a thick dry diaper that makes me waddle all the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, abdl86 and Iron
todaler said:

Noooooooo! Okay, okay, hear me out: what if we get bigger factories? At least 4 inches longer! That oughta do it.

• Haha
Reactions: WillFord384 and Babydoc
To bigva booster. It will not fit better the inner elastic leg gathers. I am happy with Northshore lg and ABU power ups

NorthShore 2xl and Abena Boost - both excellent boosters with very little SAP and great wicking capabilities.

Reactions: winterheart01 and abdl86
todaler said:
Very unfortunate indeed.

I get what you are saying, practically sure it makes no sense. However we are not talking about practicality here, we are talking about physical, emotional comfort, or a sexual aspect for the majority of people who buy them. You just may not be in that majority. You want a thicker diaper, most people who want a thicker diaper want it to be thicker to absorb more. Personally I love the Waddle either way. I like a thick dry diaper that makes me waddle all the same.
On the contrary, I look purely through fetishistic glasses. I feel like modern abdl-diapers are ultra thin, ultra high absorbency, ultra high SAP, very practical, almost clinical (prints or no prints) adult diapers made for adults. Truly a space-age products. They make me feel like an adult with medical needs.

Whereas I would like to see ultra thick, ultra fluffy and soft, 80's style toddler diaper made for adults, where the smoothest plastic packed padding would extend down to rub your inner tights even when dry as you waddle along. Their absorbency would be enough for me if they will hold without leaking through the night and SAP/pulp ration would be something like 30/70. Not very practical at all, but makes me tick for some weird reason.

The best (only?) way to simulate these 80's diapers for me, was to add those good SAPless thick and soft booster pads. Now it's not really possible anymore, and that's why I haven't been really using much diapers for the last 2 years.

NorthShore 2xl and Abena Boost - both excellent boosters with very little SAP and great wicking capabilities.
Abena Boost is the same as (new) Abri-let maxi booster. I strongly disagree on the excellency. They are truly vastly, vastly inferior product to the old Abri-let maxi. I have tried numerous times and always just felt disappointed. They are very thin, and not soft! You need 3 of these to have the same thickness than the old one, and even then they lack the fluffyness. Worst is when they are wet, they really turn hard, and uncomfortable. Comfort, it seems, was the price of making them thinner and more practical.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, WillFord384 and abdl86
Well, of course the manufacturers don't want to make good booster pads; if they did their sales of nappies/diapers could potentially drop and they wouldn't make so much money.

Cynical? Who? Me? I don't know what you mean.

Granted I'm kind of new at this abdl fetish but I don't have such problems with the boosters I've used. The abena boost booster pad is 6 in wide and 24 in Long. Granted is not as thick as tykables doubler but that is why I use two of them. In a abdl diaper they basically go from front to back and from the guard to leak guard. For me they do exactly what I want them to and enjoy them a lot.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. I agree diapers often have too much SAP which makes them thin when dry and liquid doesn't spread well. I use boosters both for thickness and to spread liquid better.

Do you know when abena changed the abri-let in such a way that you didn't like it anymore? I like them about 8 years ago and then switched to AO vorlages. I remember the abri-let at that time weren't soft anymore (also when dry). That was my reason to look for alternatives. I bought a lot of those AO vorlages and have 3 left right now. I love them. They feel soft. Is that what you mean? I'm not sure I've ever had abri-let with SAP.

Maybe this is a good alternative. I've also had these during the last ~5 years and they're still available:
https://abdlfactory.com/xxl-booster-pad-inserts-28x68-4cm No idea who produces these. There's no brand. They're really thick, also when dry, and longer than usual (they barely fit in a size M diaper but they're not too big) and they're soft. I don't know if it contains SAP. Maybe it does, but at least it's thick and soft.

Lately I also tried these:
https://abdlfactory.com/seni-v-maxi-anatomical-inlay-without-plastic-outer-layer They're a lot cheaper.

Out of these 2 I enjoy the XXL booster the most. The seni pad also feels nice and it's cheaper but the XXL booster is quite a bit better in my opinion. It stays in place, it's soft, it covers the whole length of my diaper (size M) from front to back and it's really thick.

What I also like about such a thick booster is that I don't necessarily have to buy the thickest diaper available. I can just buy a high quality diaper that fits me well and not worry about its capacity. (My diaper of choice right now is littleforbig.) I like your idea of making a diaper that's already thick by default, without a booster. Right now people have to use boosters to achieve that, but on the other hand it gives you more options. You can choose diapers and boosters independently.

Reactions: orionstar, WillFord384 and Jonnythepony
North shore booster is excellent. I would put 2 inside a regular supreme. It would last me 10-14 hours at work and I am an extremely heavy wetter.

Could you not use cloth diaper inserts? It there is fleece on top - it feels super dry, and adds bulk. ones like ecoable might work

Seni makes a full length booster pad

If you're looking for length, maybe look into the LivDry boosters (Amazon et al.). They offer "Hyper" boosters that are 24" and 27" long.

However, they do contain a fair amount of SAP, which makes them absolutely great for adding bulk and absorbency… as long as the diaper around it is wide enough and has tall enough leak guards to contain it.

Do you know when abena changed the abri-let in such a way that you didn't like it anymore? I like them about 8 years ago and then switched to AO vorlages. I remember the abri-let at that time weren't soft anymore (also when dry). That was my reason to look for alternatives. I bought a lot of those AO vorlages and have 3 left right now. I love them. They feel soft. Is that what you mean? I'm not sure I've ever had abri-let with SAP.
Looking back at my post history, It seems the old abri-let maxis ran out of stock around 2015-2016 at least in Europe. Then I switched to AO vorlages, and when they were discontinued, I used Azipads until around 2019 when they were discontinued (haven't really been using diapers after that). Azipads were practically identical to AO vorlages and old abri-let maxis.

If you're lucky to still own AO vorlages, then yes you know what I mean. They were soft in airy way, meaning.. they were not solid and firm like the new versions, but had pillow like softness and silky smooth to the touch. About SAP content; I actually don't know if they contained SAP or not, but hear my reasoning. Azipads advertised in the package that they contain no SAP, so them being identical to AO vorlages and old abri-let maxis led me believe they were also SAPless. When they added SAP to Abris for practicality reasons, they became thin and hard(ish).

New abri-let boosters advertise the following on Amazon page: "Enhanced PERFORMANCE: redesigned with Superabsorbent polymers (sap) for improved absorbency and containment while maintaining comfort." So yeah, I'd say they do have SAP.

North shore booster
Thanks for the recommendation. I've tried anatomical pads before (Seni V max if I remember right), but I don't really like the wings. It's a hassle compared to normal rectangular pads and they weren't that thick after all, but I might just give xxl boosters another go. I'm not that convinced about North shore ones though.

Right now people have to use boosters to achieve that, but on the other hand it gives you more options. You can choose diapers and boosters independently.
I can totally look past thin diapers, if there are good boosters available. But... the lack of good boosters is the whole story here I guess.

Could you not use cloth diaper inserts? It there is fleece on top - it feels super dry, and adds bulk. ones like ecoable might work
Cool idea, but I'm more into disposables unfortunately.

If you're looking for length, maybe look into the LivDry boosters (Amazon et al.)
Seni makes a full length booster pad
I'm really not trying to be difficult, but TBH they look like any of those booster pad clones widely available everywhere. Full length yes, but very thin and.. not soft.

I recently met my girlfriend and I told her scary fast (within 2 months) that I have this embarrassing fetish. She was totally not shocked and offered to change them (even number 2's, but I said no to that. It doesn't feel fair to put anyone trough that). Well of course me not having worn diapers for the last two years, I merrily bought couple packs of abdl-diapers and ID expert boosters. Sounds like a I'm living the dream, eh? Well yeah, but I just didn't feel that much into it. Didn't get that giggly feeling in the stomach. I didn't feel like a toddler. I felt like a adult with medical needs as I mentioned earlier, and that.. doesn't really do all that much to me. So I used those two packs and didn't bother to buy more for now. That frustration is, I suppose, one of the causes that made me write this rant about booster pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back