Is there a need for a brick/mortar store in ST. Louis area

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayeyeplease

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I know there is Personal Care in Fort Wayne but is there a need for a store closer to St. Louis? My gf says the way I explain different diaper types and brands would be benificial to customers. She works with in home patience that need protection and ALL of them are using cheap ineffective products. She has used my advice and has given some of her clients advice and they have been very thankful. I would love to open a shop up like the Fort Wayne business but I would like to know if it would be worth the investment first.

Where does she get her supplies? Is there already a store in St. Louis?

Isn't HDIS in St. Louis?

Reactions: furry121
You could Robert @ Changing Times Diaper Co. in Las Vegas. He opened his store there last year.

There is not a store here or anywhere close that has quality products. There are a few medical supply shops but nothing compares to Personal Care. She carries Tena, ABU, Rearz, conficare, and all the abdl supplies you could ask for. I think there is a need for people with problems to see the potential use of these high quality products!!!!

Was just browsing the forum and saw your post so I thought I would sign up and send you some feedback.

Yes a store in the area would be great!
Fort Wayne is a little too far away and tykables in Chicago is too. There's not really anything close so I always order online although I would prefer to go to a shop.

I have thought about taking a trip to Chicago and fort Wayne to check out both shops but haven't. Another shop within a days drive to either might be attractive to others more involved in the community who might want to go on an abdl road trip.

Also something potentially worth noting. Fort Wayne's store is somewhat appealing due to the motherly vibe the ladies have there. Just a basic store in stl would bring me in a couple times a year at least. Friendly motherly staff would bring me in much more regularly. Just seems a little less intimidating I guess.

Hopefully it all works out and you get to open up a shop before too long!

Would love a store near Memphis TN, central to whole US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, box stores just can't compete with online ordering and packed warehouses. Maybe we could all use closer to us costco-style warehouse stores, but what's the appeal (or massive demand) if that if all you have is adult diapers.

If you have a steady flow of customers you might be fine. An online branch of your store would be a useful thing to consider.

Since this would seem to have a medical and fetish based leaning, what are your other revenue streams?

Will you sell products of a mainly medical need or will the focus be on ab/dl?

I'm with Slomo on this one. Brick and mortar stores sound great but with my temperament and sensitivity, I'm still a bit leery of actually buying diapers publicly. I've been spoiled with the luxury of buying them online without awkward moments. Eventually I hope to stop giving such a sh*t what others out there think. Heck, I've been trying to convince myself to check out ABU's location on the west side of my state. And Seattle has the Archie McPhee store (unrelated) so that would be a fun place to peruse as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back