Goodnites607975

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can buy diapers like the Tena supers for like less than half a pound
but the megamax costs 2 pounds each!
is it really that good

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
I have black Megamaxes, and they are seriously good. I would recommend in terms of quality.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, BobbiSueEllen, KrankyPants and 1 other person
Yes!
1 MegaMax diaper can last between 6 and 12 hours depending on out flow and daily activities.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, chamberpot, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
They are super duper comfy toooo

• Love
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, BobbiSueEllen, GoodnitesXL21 and 3 others
They can be worth it, but thats assuming that you dont have the wicking issue I have with most high SAP diapers. They need a better surge layer imho, or an added high pulp booster. They are still great diapers, but unless its a constant dribble or small output day, just doesnt make sense for me.

Though, where they really shine for me is overnight, where gravity helps negate the lack of wicking.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, BobbiSueEllen and KrankyPants
Azie said:
They can be worth it, but thats assuming that you dont have the wicking issue I have with most high SAP diapers. They need a better surge layer imho, or an added high pulp booster. They are still great diapers, but unless its a constant dribble or small output day, just doesnt make sense for me.

Though, where they really shine for me is overnight, where gravity helps negate the lack of wicking.
In 35 years of diaper wearing, I have never found a adult diaper that wicks effectively from front to back.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, Forced, mayhem and 1 other person
lonnie said:
In 35 years of diaper wearing, I have never found a adult diaper that wicks effectively from front to back.
That is true, but the complete high SAP model the megamaxes and peekabus are based off of have specific wicking and damming problems, which for me causes completely premature leaks. Interestingly, the best wicking diaper I have found is also made by northshore.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and BobbiSueEllen
I find the megamax doesn't wick very well, if at all. It's not uncommon for me to have wetness clumps.

The best use scenario I've found are for daytime use as they have a cut that allows for less restrictive movement. They're narrower in the butt than most diapers, so they don't make it feel like you're waddling. They also have a fantastic rise, the highest I've found on any diaper thus far.

For night time use, because they don't seem to wick, are much more prone to leaks. Using with a booster causes them to leak even more because the leak guards are pretty short and the swelling of the booster makes the leak guards effectively useless.

My understanding is they're slowly rolling out a newer version with taller leak guards, however these seem to be limited to the tie dye, and one other colour version I believe.

Really think nappies don't do anything for me. I don't want to spend 9 + hours sitting in a wet nappy until their capacity is used. I would feel it a waste. I like medical nappies as they make me feel special. I think it would be unusual for a care giver to purchase really thick nappies for their disabled adult they care for as they would change them more frequently. I like Molicare Slip Supers and Drylife Slip supers. These are £0.60p per nappy and can handle my dribbles and gushes for 4/5 hours and they wick to the back and I like when I feel wet. I absolutely love their medical design. I personally woundnt spend £2 per nappy on NorthShore.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, TreeLad and KrankyPants
bobbilly said:
Really think nappies don't do anything for me. I don't want to spend 9 + hours sitting in a wet nappy until their capacity is used. I would feel it a waste. I like medical nappies as they make me feel special. I think it would be unusual for a care giver to purchase really thick nappies for their disabled adult they care for as they would change them more frequently. I like Molicare Slip Supers and Drylife Slip supers. These are £0.60p per nappy and can handle my dribbles and gushes for 4/5 hours and they wick to the back and I like when I feel wet. I absolutely love their medical design. I personally woundnt spend £2 per nappy on NorthShore.
I hear ya on that! I use medical dips for that reason, too. It's generally overnight when I am in one diaper for around 8 hours. I use Tena because I find they fit me best, I'm on the smaller side of medium.

I wouldn't mind trying some of the ABDL brands, though. I'm really curious if I'm missing out on something. 🙂 The price factor is off-putting though.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, BobbiSueEllen and bobbilly
I like the supreme lites over the mega maxs. I like that they have 15 in the pack instead of 10 and are $5-$4 less then the mega maxs. But I don’t use them during the day only at night. So when I get up each morning ( I don’t wet them too often) I just immediately flood it and then change out of it right away.

Last edited:
They really shine when you can’t change during the day. You may feel uncomfortable but no leaks.

I wish their lower tapes were a bit higher up, the'd fit me more comfortably. Other than that I have zero complaints. They have a lot of really good features too, the tapes are outstanding, the waist elastic (front AND back) is very good, the leak guards are great, capacity is great.

The lower tapes seem to have two philosophies... in one camp you have the lower tapes in the middle, and in the other camp you have the lower tapes very close to the bottom of the back wing. Lower tapes may actually be better for leak prevention, but they just don't seem to be as comfortable for me.

bobbilly said:
Another vote for drylife slip super from me as well. They're my go to nappies. I bought myself a pack of north shore megamax as soon as they became available to us here in the uk, mainly to see what all the fuss was about. My first impressions were that I liked them but couldn't justify spending that much money to have them all the time.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and bobbilly
TreeLad said:
Another vote for drylife slip super from me as well. They're my go to nappies. I bought myself a pack of north shore megamax as soon as they became available to us here in the uk, mainly to see what all the fuss was about. My first impressions were that I liked them but couldn't justify spending that much money to have them all the time.
I think DryLife Slip Supers are just brilliant. I think they are the best IC nappy out there. They wick good and to the back, don't clump or break up when wet. They are super comfy, tapes are good when done probably. I never get leaks even when wearing 4/5 hours. I really think they are the best. And they are amazing value.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and TreeLad
yeah megamax diapers are the real deal

I wear Tena Ultima as my normal daily nappy, but right now I’m wearing a Megamax as the punishment I’m going to give it tonight, my Tena won’t cope with (and I am a HUGE fan Tena!)

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and GoodnitesXL21
I like the MegaMax very much. Lately, I’ve been wearing the blue ones.

Absolutely worth it.🥰🥰🥰🥰

I find both the Megamax and Elite Hybrid diapers are worth it. They stay on very snugly like a diaper should, with no tape issues as I've had with others, such as Tena Supers, which require frequent retapings for me...and sometimes the tapes on them simply ripped off of the back. Supers make great soakers but that's about it for me. And the per-diaper price of the Megamax and Elites are almost identical. But in the end, it all depends on how you use--or intend to use--the diaper. And to buy accordingly.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and SofiaInPampers
Back