Is the ABDL Community really this unpleasant? -see 25 minute youtube video

DLWee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Okay, I hope this thread doesn't go against the rules. I re-read them last night and it doesn't seem to.

Youtubers about ABDL often seem to be female or maybe that's just my impression. I enjoy hearing people's points of view and I really enjoyed littlelolikat for her clear thoughts on the subject.
Last night I was just wandering around the internet as one does, when I came across this video:
The full video is 25 minutes long - so be warned.
Basically the Youtuber LovelyHeylelle started off posting Little videos and then moved to ABDL content which got her some very unwanted comments and DMs and so forth from the male ABDL community.
I would never insult or push myself on somebody for what they post on youtube (or elsewhere) in the way that she describes. Is this really so common? Is this what we are? Her video sort of upset me last night. But then she goes on to talk about how she is harassed at her job (in a shop?), so is this just a video to generate viewers?
This morning I see that she has continued with ABDL videos, so maybe she is earning money from it, but I would be very curious to hear what other think about this.
If people really are this nasty I think it is a real shame.

[TLDR] Young youtuber gets harassed and sexualised by the ABDL community for posting ABDL videos. Interested in your thoughts.

Reactions: theancientmariner, Tappy and DiaperedRider
Yes and no. To put it simply, 4 out of 5 doctors may not agree on the best treatment for diarrhea. But every proctologist agrees that every group, no matter how marginalized, has assholes.

• Haha
Reactions: Pino, LePew, JohnQDiaper and 5 others
This feels like a heartbreaking introduction to the way a lot of men think, ie that they cant seem to differentiate between someone making adult onlyfans content and someone sharing their life non-sexually. So I dont know if its the men in the ABDL community as such, but rather just those kind of men in general

Reactions: LePew, DLWee, Tappy and 2 others
I didn't watch the whole video yet but I think I got the gist of it. In my experience it seems that no matter what you put out there to the public whether it is AB/DL content or a video on how to change the oil in your lawn mower you have to expect negativity from those who are just not happy and comfortable in their own skin. There's simply just some strange people out there. (this coming from a guy who loves to wear diapers....that's kinda funny but I am comfortable in my own skin so there's a big difference) They feel the need to create drama and lay into others in order to feel something and get some attention.

I play music and post stuff here and there and there's always those that will say something ridiculous like "dude, why do you play right handed when you are left handed? You are an insult to all left handed people!" lol! I think a lot of creative people who are awesome at what they do just don't bother to put themselves out there because of this. It's not easy to deal with the rejection at first but if you keep going you will most likely develop more strength to deal with it because the majority of people viewing you are into what you are doing. You just won't hear from them as much. With that said, I should take my own advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955, Pelusos, Tappy and 1 other person
DiaperedRider said:
I didn't watch the whole video yet but I think I got the gist of it. In my experience it seems that no matter what you put out there to the public whether it is AB/DL content or a video on how to change the oil in your lawn mower you have to expect negativity from those who are just not happy and comfortable in their own skin. There's simply just some strange people out there. (this coming from a guy who loves to wear diapers....that's kinda funny but I am comfortable in my own skin so there's a big difference) They feel the need to create drama and lay into others in order to feel something and get some attention.

I play music and post stuff here and there and there's always those that will say something ridiculous like "dude, why do you play right handed when you are left handed? You are an insult to all left handed people!" lol! I think a lot of creative people who are awesome at what they do just don't bother to put themselves out there because of this. It's not easy to deal with the rejection at first but if you keep going you will most likely develop more strength to deal with it because the majority of people viewing you are into what you are doing. You just won't hear from them as much. With that said, I should take my own advice.
Yeah, I high jumped in high school and everyone wondered why I, a right handed person, used a left handed approach. It just felt right from the beginning and enabled me to be successful. So, I’m there with you. Do it your way.

Reactions: Tappy, DiaperedRider and DLWee
Today _ You Tube _ is all but a shadow of what it used to be . I remember a time when there were no ads and no restrictions .
A content creator was free , unpaid , but free.
Then came the money , then came COPA ( Child Online Protection Act ) and the ads started flowing in with joy . You Tube started more ' false - perks ' for creators . Hey become a You Tube member and we will give you 33% , while You Tube did nothing , but pocketed 66% .
Then came the ads , insurance ads , dental ads , you name it -- it is there .
Now You Tube is adding ads to channels that are not even monetized , so the creator stands to lose subscribers out of frustration of ads and it is not even the creators fault .
Some channels can be branded 18+ and maybe avoid some interrupting ads , but at the end of the video , there is a good chance an ad will pop up.
I remember when You Tube was a place for skateboard fails and kids jumping from a roof top into a kiddy pool , just for kicks and bragging rights.
The good `ole days ?
At least they were free , they chose to do that , it was not done to earn a living .
You Tube was never intended to be a ' job ' , it was just a website to upload a video , plain and simple .
Greed and more greed led to the whole mess it is in today , some love it , some even subscribe to You Tube TV .
I do not ...

My friends , the web was designed for knowledge and information and to be a learning aid for all who wanted to better themselves .

That was yesterday .

Today it has become , for the most part , an online nursery school because both parents are forced to work just to keep food and a roof over their heads .

This is not the place for such ' adult ' talk , and I am sorry , however I needed to say the truth .

Inclosing , does anyone else remember CompuServe and BBS`s ( bulletin board servers ) ?

Stay well and stay little , it is a harsh and crazy world we live in , love and hugs to all.

T.

Reactions: DiaperedRider and DLWee
DiaperedRider said:

Dang it... Why do people even care... My dad is left handed, but so many things are difficult to do left handed, because they are distinctly "handed". Like as you say, guitar. Sure you *can* play a guitar either way... But the *vast vast* majority are designed to be played right handed. Sometimes it's pretty trivial, but... Other times it's a big enough difference that you just ... Don't really make it at all something that "works".

Reactions: Prillprillprill and Tappy
I to did not watch the video except about 4 minutes. I am not a ABDL but only a incontinent user. But this is why I would not let my wife ever even take pic of me in a diaper and I damn sure would not ever post them online. Fact is it is a cruel world And to be honest it takes a person with some very thick skin to put their entire life on display to be judge especially by people that do not understand them. Also many men let their little head down in their pants out talk their big head when they see something that stimulates them. Everyone here knows that many of the members male or female are into this very sexually so it is safe to say that one should use some real judgement when posting pics and info online. You might have some noble supporters but you also have assholes that are viewing you too. ADISC is different than most any other spot online because we have moderators that look out for you and they stop the trolls and inappropriate comments. Trolls wont stick around because they will keep getting deleted and get no response and people that have a fetish for this type of thing even if they want to be rude they do not want to get banned from the largest ABDL support group. YouTube, FaceBook and most the web, they are just after clicks and could careless if it is not appropriate comments. Unless you have the different political view as them they will never delete a post. People will post any trash they want. I really spend 95% of my social media time here. Just because the other groups are so trash.

Young people just remember once you upload it is out there on the web forever. It can follow you for life no matter where you go and it can cost you or your future your spouse or even your kids. Personally I created a Google account just for this group. I do not want to use the same email or name I use for face book and I will never upload any pics in fact I hardly have an picks on my Facebook and I never tell folks when I am on vacation or eating lunch 2 hours from my home. Be smart

Reactions: Tappy and DLWee
Tappy said:
Today _ You Tube _ is all but a shadow of what it used to be . I remember a time when there were no ads and no restrictions .
Then came the money , then came COPA ( Child Online Protection Act ) and the ads started flowing in with joy . You Tube started more ' false - perks ' for creators . Hey become a You Tube member and we will give you 33% , while You Tube did nothing , but pocketed 66% .
Now You Tube is adding ads to channels that are not even monetized , so the creator stands to lose subscribers out of frustration of ads and it is not even the creators fault .
Some channels can be branded 18+ and maybe avoid some interrupting ads , but at the end of the video , there is a good chance an ad will pop up.
I remember when You Tube was a place for skateboard fails and kids jumping from a roof top into a kiddy pool , just for kicks and bragging rights.
The good `ole days ?
At least they were free , they chose to do that , it was not done to earn a living .
You Tube was never intended to be a ' job ' , it was just a website to upload a video , plain and simple .
Greed and more greed led to the whole mess it is in today , some love it , some even subscribe to You Tube TV .
I do not ...

My friends , the web was designed for knowledge and information and to be a learning aid for all who wanted to better themselves .

That was yesterday .

Today it has become , for the most part , an online nursery school because both parents are forced to work just to keep food and a roof over their heads .

This is not the place for such ' adult ' talk , and I am sorry , however I needed to say the truth .

Inclosing , does anyone else remember CompuServe and BBS`s ( bulletin board servers ) ?

Stay well and stay little , it is a harsh and crazy world we live in , love and hugs to all.

T.
I think you've said some important things. And the "adult" nature is that this is a "serious topic," not "adult" in the sense of, "18+..." I think this is the kind of topic that people should be having with their children... The way that these situations really are very shitty (the taking over of really positive things, by corporate interests in particular).

@Tappy @Diaperman95 @JigmeDatse thank you for your insights. Yes, I fully understand where we are. I was just appalled at where we are with this. I remember the message boards...
I went exploring last night and she has decided to monetise behind a paywall of Paetron and she still has some bland abdl youtubes. I guess she's made her choice.
I'm beginning to really appreciate adisc as there isn't the trash that I have found elsewhere.
Thanks.

• Love
Reactions: Tappy, DiaperedRider and Diaperman95
Tappy said:
The good `ole days ?
I do not ...

That was yesterday .

T.
Yes my service was compuserve until American on line or AOL took it over.
Then we had internet relay chat know as IRC they had a big phone book for that. What destroyed YouTube was google when they took over. Making money hand and fist . With your content farming your data and selling it.

JigmeDatse said:
Dang it... Why do people even care... My dad is left handed, but so many things are difficult to do left handed, because they are distinctly "handed". Like as you say, guitar. Sure you *can* play a guitar either way... But the *vast vast* majority are designed to be played right handed. Sometimes it's pretty trivial, but... Other times it's a big enough difference that you just ... Don't really make it at all something that "works".

You should try power tools like a skill saw being a lefty. It's so awesome having saw dust blow in your face. lol! I'm actually proud to have learned to adapt to a right handed world and I think it has helped hone my tolerance and live and let live attitude. Could I start a movement geared towards lefties being discriminated against in a primarily right handed world? Sure but I prefer to have the opportunity to gain strength as opposed to catering to the "perception" of weakness. I put the word "perception" quotes because I think it is very valuable to develop strength. It is so much more gratifying and is great for the mental psych which in turn makes you happy as opposed to angry.

Last edited:
Tappy said:
The good `ole days ?
I do not ...

That was yesterday .

T.
Well said and yes, I had a Compuserve account and subscribed to the first text only watersports BBS. I'm pretty sure there was no AB/DL one. For that we had to wait for the bi-monthly DPF newsletter sent to the good old P.O. box. We all thought we were few and far between then and thought we were the only diaper lovers in our state. In that sense, times have changed for the better but along with it comes the negative aspect as the original post highlights.

• Love
Thank you all for readying my thoughts about You Tube and the web as it is today .
I will not rant like last night , but I will add that I am saddened to think the web --had to -- change for the sake of children safety .
There safety should be the parents responsibility and not a web master .

Could we ever go back to the way it was intended ? Sadly no.

T.

Running web servers isn't cheap. The first profitable sites on the web were porn. For good or ill, human nature triumphs, again and again.

Reactions: Cottontail and Tappy
Well, that's rough, and I feel sorry for her. Generally speaking, I don't think the ABDL community is unpleasant, but there is a certain toxicity to the gender imbalance, and the more prevalent gender is the more likely to succumb to that. Put another way: More guys = more dicks.

I expect the ABDL community is less pleasant for females. And ADISC is not immune.

Tappy said:
Good ol' CompuServe. That was no place for kids either! I speak from experience. When my dad got the $300 monthly bill because I didn't realize he was paying by the minute ............... 😬

foxkits said:
What destroyed YouTube was google when they took over. Making money hand and fist . With your content farming your data and selling it.
Unfortunately they just weren't sustainable until Google took over. Google sort of just copied the business model of regular old TV. At least, with YouTube, you have no doubt where the money comes from when you visit. It's the services that actually seem to be free that I worry about, because nothing ever is.

• Sad
Reactions: Tappy, ShyBoo81 and lilbabyjooce
Cottontail said:
Unfortunately they just weren't sustainable until Google took over. Google sort of just copied the business model of regular old TV. At least, with YouTube, you have no doubt where the money comes from when you visit. It's the services that actually seem to be free that I worry about, because nothing ever is.
Nothing in life is free. Everyone has a angle. Billionaires and Millionaires don't get that away being nice people giving things away.

I can't say I would be okay with those people harassing her, whether or not they are ABDLs. Though it does come to show that it doesn't matter if you have a diaper fetish or not, you can still be an asshole to people. This is definitely evident in my experience, as some of the Internet folks I hung out with were incredibly toxic and hollered racist/ableist slurs at times. It also didn't help that they harassed me over me being a babyfur, along with an incident that happened while I was in high school which they took way out of context. It's not great knowing that I've thought being normal would help, but it didn't help me in the slightest. So even if I didn't have a diaper fetish, I don't think it would make me any kinder compared to having one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tappy and Diaperman95
Youtube has become one of the most garbage things on the planet. If its not the viewers and coments section. Or rotting kids brains with obnoxiously loud hyper spastic nonsense. Or the stupid outlines, arrows, and pointing at something with exaggerated eye whites and feigned shock faces. It's the fact that every video exists now solely as a money grab in the world's busiest get rich quick scheme or to show off and humble brag about something rare or expensive. And the people who can't stop looking at it can't see it, the same way a heroin, meth, or alcohol addict doesn't think they have a problem.

Avoid at all costs and when I do look at something it's in a ad blocking private browser that generates zero ad revenue.

This parasocial e celebrity worship culture and combined flex culture and what it has done to our society is literally worse than cancer in its impact on human evolution. Generations of kids who can't do anything except watch someone else do it and using words like "youtuber" like it's a career choice while breeding envy and false expectations about life. 🤢🤮

20 yr olds that have never worked a day in their life flexing their Lamborghinis at 8 yr olds and setting them up for bad expectations and failure, all in the name of generating click money. Is this the pinnacle of human society? Where's the society that built the Saturn V and SR-71?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: CrazySmoker, ShyBoo81 and Tappy
blaincorrous said:
Yeah, I high jumped in high school and everyone wondered why I, a right handed person, used a left handed approach. It just felt right from the beginning and enabled me to be successful. So, I’m there with you. Do it your way.
Dominant hand does sometimes change depending on the activity. I write with my right hand but hold a knife in my left hand.

Also with some instruments you need to buy a special and more expensive version to play left handed like the flute

Last edited:
Reactions: Tappy and DiaperedRider
Back