Is Tena the UK best known incontinence brand?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For non ab/dls? They are always advertised on TV commercials and most of the hospital trusts use Tena and one is likely to be proscribed TENA if your incontinent. Also they have Tena pants in all supermarkets and pharmacies.

Knowing this would you after visiting the pharmacy to purchase some Tena Flex nappies they had advertised in the window would you openly walk through town to get home with packet of Tena Flex and them being uncovered. And town is quite busy. I would and did some months back?

I think IC and their products are becoming more normalised.

Last edited:

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
any Hospital I have ever been in tends to use the cheapest crapiest diapers they can get something like Covidien Wings comes to mind

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Tena is quite possibly the biggest and most well known UK brand, they are a popular choice, what bothers me most though is that every pharmacy I go into only sell the pull ups not the briefs. really annoying when I know I'm running low and happen to be going past a large Boots or Lloyds.

Reactions: TreeLad and bobbilly

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Belarin said:
Tena is quite possibly the biggest and most well known UK brand, they are a popular choice, what bothers me most though is that every pharmacy I go into only sell the pull ups not the briefs. really annoying when I know I'm running low and happen to be going past a large Boots or Lloyds.
Only time I ever seen some Tena Flex was in the window of I think a independent pharmacy. I had to buy so I purchased them and walked though town with the uncovered package of Tena's. I've seen women buying Tena Pants in Morrisons.

wearforsafety

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Yes, they are one of best brands. In pharmacies and supermarkets like Asda it is usually just Tena pants. In bigger Asdas you can find sometimes Tena Slip ( cloth backed) or pads ( Tena Confort).

TreeLad

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
There's an Asda near me that used to have tena slip on the shelves. I've not been in for a good long while so don't know if that's still the case.

wearforsafety

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
TreeLad said:
There's an Asda near me that used to have tena slip on the shelves. I've not been in for a good long while so don't know if that's still the case.
Yes it is.

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
TreeLad said:
One or two in my area used to have them out on the shelves beside the tena lady's but they've been moved to the separate pharmacy section opposite the tills.

wearforsafety

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
HappyNappin said:
One or two in my area used to have them out on the shelves beside the tena lady's but they've been moved to the separate pharmacy section opposite the tills.
Same happened inAsda where I do everyday shopping. Diapers in supermarkets cost more then online.

Last edited:

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
wearforsafety said:
Same happened inAsda where I do everyday shopping. Diapers in supermarkets cost more then online.
Yep there about £20 a pack when there £12 online, same with the pants there £13 to £15 per pack but online there £10 or £11.
Your paying for the convenience.

Tesco junior nappies are way cheeper than buying online, they just need to make a bigger size, equivalent to an adult medium and they would be my go to nappy, unfortunately this doesn't seem to be something that there interested in selling.

Last edited: