• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Is neg-rep still reviewed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
If so, is it still reviewed frequently? Not to be impatient, but I submitted a request almost a month ago and it has yet to be reviewed. I am not making this thread because I am impatient, but I am confused. Is neg-rep no longer reviewed, did Moo decide that the neg-rep should stay, or has he just not found the time yet? Any response would be appreciated.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If you made a request it could have just been forgotten about. Maybe post in that thread reminding them that the issue is not resolved? They might just be busy.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I think Moo is pretty busy ATM, and he's the dude who reviews it.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I got my first neg. rep a couple of weeks ago, though I decided it wasn't worth reviewing. A friend of mine lost his daughter in a car accident. It made the neg. rep seem pretty small by comparison.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I think it's still reviewable. All of the neg reps I've been giving people (I dish out a lot, I admit) have been turning into neutrals. :frown: I guess I should be a little more careful with that neg-rep button.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I think it's still reviewable. All of the neg reps I've been giving people (I dish out a lot, I admit) have been turning into neutrals. :frown: I guess I should be a little more careful with that neg-rep button.
Careful at least in the past there was a thing that if too much of your rep got negated you stopped being able to give rep. I dunno if thats still in effect, but if many are turning into neutral your doing something wrong and should probably stop.

B

BabyWolf

I once posted counter-rep because someone unfairly neg-repped another poster. Reputation has its uses, but in my opinion it should never invoke automatic punishments like mod preview of posts. A person has a right to speak their mind as long as it does not violate the rules of a site, and allowing something so subjective as reputation to invoke binding punishments is nothing more than a mob lynching. If more attention is needed to a user's posts, that's what the Report Post button is for.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Careful at least in the past there was a thing that if too much of your rep got negated you stopped being able to give rep. I dunno if thats still in effect, but if many are turning into neutral your doing something wrong and should probably stop.
Yep, though it isn't done often.

I once posted counter-rep because someone unfairly neg-repped another poster. Reputation has its uses, but in my opinion it should never invoke automatic punishments like mod preview of posts. A person has a right to speak their mind as long as it does not violate the rules of a site, and allowing something so subjective as reputation to invoke binding punishments is nothing more than a mob lynching. If more attention is needed to a user's posts, that's what the Report Post button is for.
Never do that, tell the person to ask for a rep-review in the request forum but don't take matters into your own hand.

B

BabyWolf

Honestly, you really ought to consider removing the automatic penalties for negative rep, then. Most people are intimidated by negative rep, and are afraid to appeal it. Instead they'll just leave the site. That's what you don't understand. People come here looking for acceptance. There's a reason why newbies now get limited neg-rep immunity. Fact is, this is a site populated primarily by very young members, and kids can be fickle and cruel to each other. The automatic reputation penalties very often punish the victim, not the perpetrator. Peoples' self-esteem here can be a very fragile thing, and imposing binding penalties without direct staff review is harmful.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
The only people that have gone into moderated (rep) deserved and needed it. I haven't seen the system fail yet and I don't think it will. All rep is revied, doesn't matter if you ask for a review or not, when you ask for a review it most likely only is done quicker and more looked in to. (though only moo really knows that, this is just what I think happens).

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
The only people that have gone into moderated (rep) deserved and needed it. I haven't seen the system fail yet and I don't think it will. All rep is revied, doesn't matter if you ask for a review or not, when you ask for a review it most likely only is done quicker and more looked in to. (though only moo really knows that, this is just what I think happens).
Error Error critical system failure eminent.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Moo has been distracted by real life.
I've stepped in to perform requested rep reviews and other webmaster tasks in his absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.