Is my cousin an AB/DL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomguy18

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think it is possible my cousin is an adult baby.

My cousin and I attended the same college in Virginia. She is a couple years older than me and had a car and I didn't so she was helping me do some shopping off campus during my first semester back in 2011. We were at some kind of dollar store/pharmacy and she purchased a coloring book for herself and her boyfriend (who is now her husband).

I hadn't really ventured online much before that so it really didn't click that she could be an adult baby (I was unfortunately really in the dark about AB/DL stuff as that point.) I honestly thought it was kinda strange, but I was crazy-busy my first year of college so I didn't think much about it.

You'd think I'd have forgotten something like that since it didn't make an impression at the time, but a couple years later I recalled it. I would like to have been able to ask her, except for the fact that we're a rather conservative/religious family, and while I think her and her husband are fairly open minded. Asking and getting it wrong would have just been awful.

Unfortunately we live in opposite parts often country so our chances of interacting are pretty limited. There's going to be a family get together in May where I'll see them next.

So, do you think there is a chance my cousin is into AB/DL stuff, and if so, what would be a good, discrete way to find out? It would be really nice to have someone in real life to talk with about this that I already know.

I'm kind of also posting this in the off chance (and quite frankly extremely unlikely scenario) that my cousin might see it. Who knows, I've been too curious about this for a while to not try.

You think she might be ABDL just because she bought a coloring book? That's very slim evidence... At most, it could mean she was an LG or something, but a coloring book, even if you know it was definitely for her, is not that far out of the ordinary.

What kind of coloring book was it? If it was something particularly babyish, obviously that would be a little more encouraging. Maybe when you see her, ask why she got it.

Hate to say it, but I have to say chances are just that she likes coloring, that's pretty normal, especially for a girl.

randomguy18 said:
I think it is possible my cousin is an adult baby.

My cousin and I attended the same college in Virginia. She is a couple years older than me and had a car and I didn't so she was helping me do some shopping off campus during my first semester back in 2011. We were at some kind of dollar store/pharmacy and she purchased a coloring book for herself and her boyfriend (who is now her husband).

I hadn't really ventured online much before that so it really didn't click that she could be an adult baby (I was unfortunately really in the dark about AB/DL stuff as that point.) I honestly thought it was kinda strange, but I was crazy-busy my first year of college so I didn't think much about it.

You'd think I'd have forgotten something like that since it didn't make an impression at the time, but a couple years later I recalled it. I would like to have been able to ask her, except for the fact that we're a rather conservative/religious family, and while I think her and her husband are fairly open minded. Asking and getting it wrong would have just been awful.

Unfortunately we live in opposite parts often country so our chances of interacting are pretty limited. There's going to be a family get together in May where I'll see them next.

So, do you think there is a chance my cousin is into AB/DL stuff, and if so, what would be a good, discrete way to find out? It would be really nice to have someone in real life to talk with about this that I already know.

I'm kind of also posting this in the off chance (and quite frankly extremely unlikely scenario) that my cousin might see it. Who knows, I've been too curious about this for a while to not try.

You should Google "adult coloring books" and I think you'll see that there has been a big movement towards adults creating some stunning art, coloring into coloring books. There was an article about it in the Washington Post. A lot of adults are doing this so clearly, it's not an indicator of being an adult baby. I was really amazed at how beautiful some of the examples were. I think some people who have a real aptitude toward art are perhaps drawn (no pun intended) to this.

adults colouring is kinda a thing right now.

When we had little kids over, my wife would color a picture or two in one of their coloring books and she is no where near to even thinking about being AB/DL. Like others have said, it is a fad now. It was also featured on one of the morning news shows, like Good Morning America or something.

Are you sure it wasn't a gift for a child?

Although she certainly could be an ABDL, I think the evidence of one coloring book purchase to be too thin to base any action on (other than doing nothing).

Rather than asking her about ABDL, ask her about the coloring book. Just tell her that the memory popped up recently and you were intrigued about her interest. Be aware of her visual cues. If she closes up, she may be ABDL.

With the large rise in popularity of adult colouring books these days, you have a valid Segway in which to ask the question. You can say that you have seen these on the market now, and remember the time that she bought one before, and ask her straight out about it.

But if she is a little, I wouldn't expect her to admit to it based on that, but rather use the chance to just say that she enjoys what is becoming a mainstream past time nowadays.

Only by saying something about yourself like "I bought one of those adult colouring books the other day. I love the colouring in. It makes me feel like a kid again" or similar, would it make her feel comfortable enough to open up about having a little side, if she does indeed have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back