Is it worth telling your relatives about your hobby?

KucingMusa

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Hi guys!
I want to ask you for advice .Should I talk about my hobby for relatives? It is important to take into account that in my country the majority is against this (Russia) and I am afraid that this will spoil my relations with my relatives.

No.

Reactions: Canadoodle, BigKid25 and eastcoastdl
I know some ABDLs who have told their parents and it has worked out. I've read of many more times where the results ranged anywhere from rage and denial to a sense of awkwardness. I think that while it can work, the default answer of whether to tell family is "no." You must decide for yourself what you really intend to gain from telling and how likely those results are. You can't undo it, so consider carefully and then if you decide to proceed, give more thought to how to talk about it.

Reactions: teddytugger and KucingMusa
I don't recommend it, unless you have very open minded relatives that are into similar things maybe but honestly this is a private subject
Given that you already mentioned most in your region are against it, i would not tell anyone if i were you.

The way I like to think about it is this: If you were to tell them, think about every time you would sit down for a family dinner and have them look at you. Would they see you as you, just as the same person, or every time they looked at you would it be that they're unable to stop picturing or thinking about what you've told them

Unsure if worth, but is a few hazardous to do it.

I wish they didn’t know because now I am not treated as a adult by my family to the extent that if we have a meet up and a meal I get asked if I need a bib all my drinks are given to me in a bottle

Reactions: KucingMusa
A more important question would be : do your relatives need no know? Your friends or parents definitely don’t. Your wife/husbands/girlfriend/boyfriend may be entitled to know this side of your personality but plenty of ABDL haven’t told their partner. If there is a stigma against us in your countries, it would be bet to keep it discreet. Tell it only to the people who really need to know, and be absolutely sure that they need to.

... and will not destroy your life. I told to my ex and it ended fatal

I would not. I have to an Ex my self and it worked out to we broke things off and she tried to tell all my friends.
That was a hard one to defend.

Sleep on it for a few months. Pretend you have told your relatives and imagine how you would feel around them if they all knew. Would you feel uncomfortable? Once you tell them they will know forever!

Thank you for the advice. I decided that it would be better, I will not tell, since there will be no way back

Reactions: daddyconnor
Dihati said:
Thank you for the advice. I decided that it would be better, I will not tell, since there will be no way back
Great plan... it isn't anything they need to know.

You might slip up and they will find out. Have a logical excuse handy. Just diapers could be for a medical issue. The other stuff could not be easily explained.

Not a hobby for me. Parents and brother and cousin have been aware of my need for diapers for many years now.

• Sad
I wouldn't call ABDL a hobby, nor would I recommend telling anyone about it unless

1. It is either necessary or you have something to gain from telling them, and even then

2. Only if you have a pretty good idea that they will take it well; if it is likely to make things worse for you i would say DONT do it

Now that doesn't mean you cant say something, even if it isnt the truth

For example if you can explain Diapers in a medical sense it could help you in case you are gonna wear and use Diapers and you ever get "busted" or whatnot

But regardless; think things through beforehand and take time to plan it if you do decide to let anyone know about this part of you

I would really consider why you need to tell them.

What is it that you are trying to achieve by letting them know. About ABDL. And what that means to you.

The only ONLY reason i told my parents (im an adult) that i like to wear diapers at night and such sometimes is because I live with them. Getting random packages and disposing of them secretively was getting suspicious so with the backup of a former therapist i told them and surprisingly they honestly didnt care one bit as long as i did it by myself.

As far as I am aware none of my family knows of my kink and I would rather keep it that way. Unless it were medical they do not need to know what type of underwear I might be wearing

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
Why would anyone want to tell their relatives they like diapers and stuff?

If anyone finds out I wear them fine but I am fine with them assuming I have a medical issue so I am using diapers to handle it.

Back