• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Is it weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
That I am 17 and hate my job the way someone who is 40 would hate theirs? Every morning when I wake up I DREAD getting up b/c I know where I have to got for 9.5 hours. Do other teens hate theri jobs? Or should I just shut up and quit bitching?

thedlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Well I think the first question that needs to be asked, is why do you hate your job? I mean people hate their job for different reasons, is it the people or the actual work or place??? Would need to know more as to the reason you seem to hate your job so much. When I was a teen I liked all my jobs, as it was money coming into my pocket for spending and paying the insurance on my vehicle.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Millions suffer the same thing. Even I did from my last one. But at the way the economy is right now, it's really best to
just shut up and quit bitching?

DHLA40

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I also dread going to work. I love what I do, but don't get along with the people I work for any longer due to some family choices of theirs, and I'm not comfortable working in the environment that has evolved. I really can't go into details about what has made my job so hard to bear. You guys might say "OMG, how can you deal with that?!?! WTF is their major malfunction?!?! OMG!!!" It's not as bad as it was, and I need the income, so I'll be there until another opportunity comes along.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Lots of people hate their jobs. It's normal...

Just live through it the best you can... keep looking for something better.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
I've had over 20 different jobs since I was teenager. If you don't like your job, stop bitching about it and look for another one. The only way you are going to enjoy life is to stop doing things you hate and gravitate towards things you like. Granted, even the best job out there will probably have some small aspect that is not what you would want to do. You do it anyway though because that's life. Nothing is perfect. The difference between you and a 40 year old is a an older person probably has a mortgage, kids, car, retirement, etc. and they feel trapped by financial obligations so they are less likely to change jobs even if they really hate it.
Spaz

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If you can't stand the job find another, if you like doing something find a job doing what you like.

I liked working on cars, so I found jobs at dealerships car lots and garages, I got good at what I did and opened my own car repair bussiness, I never worked for another boss better than Myself.

Seriously find something you like to do and find someone who will pay you for what you like to do, it worked for me.

DHLA40

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If you can't stand the job find another, if you like doing something find a job doing what you like.

I liked working on cars, so I found jobs at dealerships car lots and garages, I got good at what I did and opened my own car repair bussiness, I never worked for another boss better than Myself.

Seriously find something you like to do and find someone who will pay you for what you like to do, it worked for me.
That's my plan. I'm slowly accumulating the capital to do that one day.

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
I find that I get bored with a job when its the same thing over and over or when I am not getting the credit for the jobs that I am doing. I have been doing the job that I am as for close to 12 years now, and am totally sick of it. Just to lazy to go out and find a new one yet.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I think it's more common to hate a job as a teenager since they tend to be lower end activities. Still, with a little effort you should be able to find something that engages you on some level and is enjoyable. Set yourself a good pattern and you won't be hating your work when you're forty, either.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
That's my plan. I'm slowly accumulating the capital to do that one day.

The way cars are going now I don't think you will ever accumulate enough cash to buy every peice of diagnostic equipment that is need on some of these newer cars.

The car makers are trying to eliminate the small garages, by makeing the cars more difficult.

But if you just stick to the basics you can do well without rapeing the people who become your coustomers, do a great job at a fair price and you can make alot of money, just don't give away your work like I did, everybody was my freind and got my work and my knowledge for practicaly nothing.
Good Luck Bee.

Rational

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yeah its just a rough spot you need to muscle through.

F

Falkio

Teenager,

To be perfectly honest, with the way the economy is now, I am thankful just to have a job. Think of it this way: do all your friends keep talking about how they want this and that? Well, the difference is, you'll actually be able to afford those things. I can probably attend FC and AC next year, soley because I am employed. If you budget right, and save a bit for later, you will notice the difference a job makes.

If you simply cannot stand your line of work, then prepare a resume (even if most of your experience is just volunteer work), get two letters of recommendation, and check on your application every day. I promise you - persistence pays off! Give them the notion that you are a hard worker and really want this job. Hopefully you'll get an interview. That is your chance to shine. I know this from experience. You have to distinguish yourself from every other faceless teenager that shows up on their doorstep. Persistence wins the fight here.

Don't worry too much about modesty on your resume. Stay honest, though.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
That I am 17 and hate my job the way someone who is 40 would hate theirs? Every morning when I wake up I DREAD getting up b/c I know where I have to got for 9.5 hours. Do other teens hate theri jobs? Or should I just shut up and quit bitching?
If you hate your job, you need to figure out how to improve that. The most likely solution is to find a better job, but this might require some things.

Are you in education and is this a part time job, or are you out of education working full time?
If the former, ask yourself how necessary the job is, and whether a job with less hours would be better. But if you decide that you need this job, then I guess you have deal with it knowing it's temporary.
If the latter, then you need to figure out what job you actually want. I'm concerned about what you say: "the way someone who is 40 would hate [their job]". A job should be stimulating and, maybe not *enjoyable* but at least not something you *hate*.
If your job has prospects of promotion, then throw your self into it 100% and get it. If it's a dead-end, then figure out where you want to be and start to do what's necessary to get there.
If this job is where you need to be right now (gaining experience perhaps), then grin and bear it knowing that you'll be rewarded at a later date.

Role
I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but in Sweden a part of the younger population is using the economic lowtide to study and prepare themselves for the future. The more educated you are the more attractive you'll be to the market. And if you are bummed about going back to school; do at least look into your possibilites. Chances are there will be that really sweet manuscript-writing class you've been dreaming of. Or perhaps art-classes?

There's tons of stuff just on the study-side of the equation (assuming you are able to study, by state-financing or by loans). There's always a way out of bad work. But keep it together and wait it out. Chances are you'll be stuck for just a little while longer while you figure out your next step. And good luck!

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Lots of people hate their jobs. It's normal...

Just live through it the best you can... keep looking for something better.

Thats what i did. When I started working at a gas station i thought it was the best job that i have ever had so far. But I became there bitch and had to pick up after them. Two sisters worked there. One the manger and the other the AM. Family shouldnt work together it always ends bad.

2 weeks ago I got a phone call from a place i applied with almost 5 months ago asking me if I would like an interview. I got the job.

Now I feel like I just jacked your thread.

Anyways just start looking around. You'll find something better

Role
2 weeks ago I got a phone call from a place i applied with almost 5 months ago asking me if I would like an interview. I got the job.
This is some good advice. Applications are a must. They'll often yield results years later.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
There is a reason why jobs pay money.... because at some point they all suck.

:p

But really I think it's normal. Job's would tend to get boring if you do the same stupid stuff day in a day out such as cooking french fries at a fast food joint all day long.

Role
I'd like to say I get paid for doing stuff other people can't do. And in doing so, I also perform a duty or help others with something they otherwise would have been unable to do (advertising, going from point A to B, hanging art in their homes etc.)

I can still have a blast doing that very thing though =)

Role
Essentially, what diaperedteenager said was "Hey guys, I don't like getting kicked in the face, what should I do?"

And, expectantly, that adice offered: You can go get kicked in the face somewhere else or deal with being kicked in the face.

The fact is, a teenager is as worthwhile to the workforce as a criminal or illegal immigrant who can't speak english.

The only real way you can enjoy work at this point in life is to find people you like working with, because the jobs people will expect you to fulfill now are route, repetitive tasks that will make you hate life.

You also have to consider the fact that people who work at minimum wage are earning LESS than they did in the 1960's. So you are putting in more work for less pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.