Is it terrible to be okay with bedwetting

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm a 60 year old male and have for most my entire life gotten up once during the night to use the bathroom. Now I'm getting up multiple times. I have talked to the doctor and have been examined and he says because of my age this is quite typical. For the last couple years I have been into this diaper fetish. I'm slowly getting to the point where I need the diaper because I have trained myself to use it. If I don't wear during the day I have a risk if while being very busy I forget and wet myself and at night definitely will wake up in a wet bed. Last night I slept the whole night without waking up once but the trade-off was my diaper was quite saturated. You know I am actually okay with that. It was so nice to have an uninterrupted sleep. The problem is I'm really undecided whether to just except diaper dependency and enjoy my nice rest or struggle using the bathroom at night. I realize at this point in my life the dependency will become permanent.

Reactions: nectar0001, Jr2012 and WillFord384
You are not alone i am a 26 year old with autism and i sometimes had to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night or wake up in the morning needing to go even though i wanna sleep in and it interrupts my already wacky sleep schedule. A few months after going 24/7 and with some diaper training i dont wake up nearly as often anymore and wake with a wet diaper. Im completely fine with that because now i feel completely well rested. As you know those with autism have issues with melatonin production and so we are often needing help to fall asleep. Be it white noise such as a fan, melatonin supplements, or even having anime or tv on in the background.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jr2012 and WillFord384
There is no shame in using your Nappy especially at night, I find it hard enough to sleep in any case without being woken up to need to use the toilet.
Being a D/L will make it an enjoyable thing waking up wet and refreshed from an uninterrupted nights sleep, enjoy it as it is benefiting you!

Reactions: Jr2012 and Deleted member 57387
I agree, wearing a diaper to bed and sleeping through the night will contribute much more to your health as you grow older than interrupting your sleep multiple times for trips to the bathroom. I think you have made a wise choice. You probably have already chosen a diaper that can handle a full night's wetting.

Reactions: freedom69, Jr2012 and (deleted member)
Acceptance is one part of the formula for happiness.

Reactions: freedom69 and Jr2012
I've been a bed wetter almost all my life and have always loved being diapered at night. If you don't wake up to go to the bathroom it's much better to pee in a diaper than a bed. I'm also not a young man and frequent urination is just a fact of life for most. Personally I'd rather wake up in a wet diaper than get up multiple times to go to the bathroom.

Reactions: Alexande, Lyric, sissybaby34 and 6 others
Since being out of night nappies around age 4, I have always needed to get up in the night at least once to wee.

If I have restricted drinks, I will just wake up thirsty and still needing a wee, so I like to keep well hydrated.

Since deciding to wear a nappy every night, which is usually wet in the morning without me remembering having done it, my sleep has improved and I feel less tired during the day.

Every so often I go without, just to “check” that I haven’t become a bed wetter, and have not had any slip ups (yet).

This really works for me, and my partner doesn’t mind in the slightest.

Reactions: Lyric, Jr2012 and WillFord384
Sound advice from this forum, dont know who said it because it was many years ago, diaper wearing becomes a problem when it starts affecting your personal life, choosing to wear diapers and avoiding daily responsibilities, or wearing diapers over hanging out with friends, family or going out to events makes this a problem, in your case, wearing diapers at night is helping your health by allowing your body to fully rest.
I'm 37 and have been diapered every night since I pretty much turned 30, I will wake up wet twice a week due to being overly tired, and more then likely to a point diaper trained, my wife and I have no problem with it, I've been into wearing diapers longer in my life then actually just staying in underwear at this point and its part of my personality, cherish your corks as long as it doesnt hold you back from other things.

Reactions: Lyric, Jr2012 and GatoChihuahua
Acceptance makes it easier to deal with, for me my body wake‘s me to pee snd I start as soon as start to wake up, it drives me nuts as it takes a long time to get back tp sleep most nights and I would rather sleep through it.

Reactions: freedom69 and Jr2012
Mathew said:
I've been a bed wetter almost all my life and have always loved being diapered at night. If you don't wake up to go to the bathroom it's much better to pee in a diaper than a bed. I'm also not a young man and frequent urination is just a fact of life for most. Personally I'd rather wake up in a wet diaper than get up multiple times to go to the bathroom.
Well said, Mathew! That's my situation, too. I just diaper up every night and usually wake up wet in the morning. It's just the way my life is.

Reactions: Jr2012 and Mathew
Pantyman said:
I'm a 60 year old male and have for most my entire life gotten up once during the night to use the bathroom. Now I'm getting up multiple times. I have talked to the doctor and have been examined and he says because of my age this is quite typical. For the last couple years I have been into this diaper fetish. I'm slowly getting to the point where I need the diaper because I have trained myself to use it. If I don't wear during the day I have a risk if while being very busy I forget and wet myself and at night definitely will wake up in a wet bed. Last night I slept the whole night without waking up once but the trade-off was my diaper was quite saturated. You know I am actually okay with that. It was so nice to have an uninterrupted sleep. The problem is I'm really undecided whether to just except diaper dependency and enjoy my nice rest or struggle using the bathroom at night. I realize at this point in my life the dependency will become permanent.
If you’ve already talked to a doctor about it, I’d rate “getting good sleep” much higher than “not wearing diapers” on even vanilla people’s priorities. It really comes down to how YOU feel about wearing diapers to get good sleep. If it doesn’t impugn your dignity or affect your relationships with others, feel free to diaper up.

The main hazard is if you wet unconsciously, you’re likely to lose function. Getting used to unconscious wetting is like snoring or talking in your sleep. You can try to stop it by force of will, but wen your body chooses deep sleep, you’re out of control of your body. Make a point of trying to not use your diaper until you need to. Treat it like an attached toilet. That’s the best way to keep from developing a worsening bed wetting habit you might otherwise avoid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jr2012
I definitely think it is OK to just accept bedwetting. I am a bedwetter. I sleep soundly every night and wake soaking wet every morning and don't worry about it at all. I would rather get a good nights sleep and be a bedwetter.

Reactions: Lyric and Jr2012
Well if I were you I would be happy and accept! I mean first off you are wearing something very comfortable doing what pleases you and you are getting a good nights sleep without getting up to go to the bathroom.
I'm 44 now, wear diapers during the day to relax, for comfort and they just make me feel better. For as long as I can remember, I pretty much have to get up at least once or twice to go pee and usually I'm pretty thirsty too, so I will go get a cold drink of water from the fridge. It really disturbs me and sometimes I have a ruff time falling a sleep again. I really wish I could sleep with a diaper but my body doesn't like them when I try to sleep. I can't sleep or hardly get any sleep at all. It is really bad. I have tried so many times for years but some how it just will not work for me.
Worst is when I work 3rd shift, witch I just love working but then I'm getting up 2-3 times and only get about 6 hours of sleep. I just wish I could sleep with a diaper on and wake up wet and well rested.

Reactions: Jr2012
Jinks: You might try a room temperature drink. When you take it cold, your body has to spend energy warming it, which may add to the trouble getting back to sleep.

I don't want anyone who wets their bed and needs diapers to feel bad about. I wet my bed until well into my teens and my mother simply told me I would grow out it when I was ready. Not sure she was completely right about. When the time came to apply to colleges she started gently encouraging me to try harder not to wet and I did finally stop at 17. I really wanted to go to a good school and mom kept reminding me I might not get in if I still wet my bed and needed diapers at night, not to mention how embarrassing it would be for roommates to know. Since then have worn diapers off and on, partly because I liked wearing diapers at night so I can wet my bed. For the past 15 years I've been wearing full time and wake up most mornings in a wet diaper. I told my wife about my bedwetting when we first met and became serious. She has been so supportive and understanding

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
It's just A fact of life, I'm A bed wetter and would rather have A wet diaper than wet blankets in the morning.
All my life I've been embarrassed by it. It causes self-loathing we half to accept ourselves as we are.

Pantyman said:
I'm a 60 year old male and have for most my entire life gotten up once during the night to use the bathroom. Now I'm getting up multiple times. I have talked to the doctor and have been examined and he says because of my age this is quite typical. ...
I'm in my mid 60s now and because of my long running diabetes have also become urge IC due to nerve damage. I used to get up 2+ times per night. During my first IC year I also started wetting the bed occasionally, which is a disconcerting problem (especially for wifey). So because there is no cure and to avoid a wet bed, I have come to accept overnight diapers. If I wake without peeing, I do so and then fall back to sleep. Nobody except wifey needs to know about your wearing. The only negative is that walk of shame in the morning bringing your diaper to the trash can. :eek:

Reactions: Wetshisbed
Back