Is it over for me? (diapers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This is a really confusing and frustrating time for both me and my family. First off, my aunt (my mom's sister) has really bad cancer, and probably won't be alive a month from now. She wears diapers out of need (obviously). Before this whole thing happened, my mom was the one I would go to when it came to diapers, as I had bedwetting problems at the time (in addition to being a DL). I used my last one in early January, and I had talked to my mom about getting more then (since it would require a credit card for online purchases), but we both sort of forgot about it. Now the bedwetting is getting more frequent (but not necessarily greater in intensity), and I'm having trouble controlling the DL urges in addition to that. I don't know whether I should ask my mom, if it might make her think about my aunt, and she'll be upset with me. :frown:

Will I ever be able to wear diapers again, or will it be a forever touchy subject for my mom?

I'm really don't know what I should do. Any ideas/suggestions?

Goose

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Best wishes for her and your family.

I wouldn't assume that the first thing that would pop into your mother's head would be the connection between you and your aunt. If you're correct in actually needing more diapers, I'm sure your mother would be more than willing to help you out to buy some more. Don't think that because something else is going on in your life that your mom would just forget about you.

I'd say go for it and just ask her. I doubt she'd make a connection, even then, if you need them, she's not going to hold it over your head.

Peace-
TDL

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Yep. You're done with diapers forever, because there is possibly no way you can get them yourself. How old are you? I'm thinking you're old enough to go to a store and buy some, at least to hold you off until you get your own credit/debit card and a job and buy them yourself. You could also get a prepaid credit card at like Wal-Mart of something and get some that way.

Why would your mom be upset with you if you've been having this problem for what seems like a while. She'll probably understand that your bedwetting is getting worse because of the stress you're going through. I don't think it will be that touchy of a subject. I just wouldn't bring it up when you're on your own and all that.

Role
  1. Other
Unless your mom was directly involved in the care of your aunt, I can't see why she would associate diapers with your aunt. There has to be much more pleasant memories of your aunt than that. If you truly need diapers for your bedwetting, ask your mom before your aunt dies, asking soon after she dies may come across as a bit selfish (not that it really is, but it may seem that way).

happyhelper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If your mom was getting you diapers for bedwetting beforehand, theres no reason that should stop now. Just because of the unfortunate situation with your aunt doesn't mean your need for diapers has stopped. Im sure she'll understand. Like was mentioned above, its probably unlikely that this one parellel will remind your mom of your aunt. Im also sure she wouldn't want you wetting your bed.

Im also sorry to hear about your aunt. My condolences to you and your family.

Role
  1. Sissy
If your aunt also needed an inhaler and you were asthmatic and lost yours, would you refuse to ask for it out of the same concern?

If you bedwet and need diapers, ask for them.

Reactions: Hex
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
I agree with the others. It should be fine, unless there was like a certain traumatic experience with your aunt that was related to diapers. But I seriously do not think it would create a direct connection. I hope it all works out... and my condolences for your family.

diaperedwolfcub

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I used to communicate about my bedwetting in notes because I was too embarassed to say anything face to face. Just write down what you need, why you need it, and leave it on her pillow. If she's bought in the past, you shouldn't even need that, just a reminder to restock.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think you make an association between diapers and your aunt because you are a Diaper Lover, and diapers are a big part of your life. I seriously doubt your mom would make the association unless she was also a DL.

And I like the analogy Alex888 made

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Firstly, sorry to hear about your aunt. Hope things go as best as they can in your situation.

Seriously, don't worry about it. You are a bedwetter and this has been your families chosen method of coping with it. Just because your aunt now needs to wear them as well shouldn't be of consquence. If you need them, you need them. I think this is just DL related paranoia, because you think about diapers more than most. To your mum it won't be a thing, especially as you were wearing before this happened.

I say go and ask her. Go on, do it! She'll probably say something along the lines of she was intending to but was caught up in everything that was going on. I doubt there will be a problem.

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
To make it easier to open up the dialog on the subject, would it be okay to talk to my mom privately and say "Could you possibly change the sheets on my bed? I had an accident last night", and then bring up the fact that I'm out of diapers? Or would that be too obvious? Or just wrong?

I appreciate the advice you've all given me so far.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
To make it easier to open up the dialog on the subject, would it be okay to talk to my mom privately and say "Could you possibly change the sheets on my bed? I had an accident last night", and then bring up the fact that I'm out of diapers? Or would that be too obvious? Or just wrong?

I don't know how old you are, but since we don't attract a lot of chronological five year-olds, I'm going to say that if you did have an accident, you should be capable of stripping the bed yourself at the very least. If you have a bedwetting problem, this shouldn't require a pretense to start talking about it. If it's just because you like them, then I don't know why you'd involve your parents in the first place.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
If you're still having betwetting problems and you ask your mum for diapers, I don't think she'll think twice.

If she does happen to ask why, I'd say that you'd not prefer wet sheets and a damaged mattress, and that diapers had helped in the past.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Besides agreeing with everyone else here, I would add that the connection problem is probably one that you are making, and not your mom. I can understand that, especially since you are under a lot of pressure. I can remember when my mom died of cancer. It turns one's world upside down. Assuming that you are accidently wetting the bed, talk to your mom. That's what moms are there for.

SteveC1981

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
  2. Private
Well, I don't know your mom, so I'm not sure how she'd react to being asked those sort of questions. :eek:

Although asking this way seems pretty logical, it's still going to be awkward asking your mom about diapers at 3:30 in the morning because you wet your bed. If you want to ask her without stressing her out, just tell her something about your concern for your wetting at night when there's a good opportunity for her to get some more diapers (NOT right before bed, though...I'm pretty sure of what she'd say already for that):twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.