Is it me or does Adult swim suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisuke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As the title says, when I was younger I'd watch this channel and it had decent shows such as, case close, wolfs rain, Trigun, Inuyasha, and a bunch of other anime. At that time they treated the Otaku's like normal people. Then a few years later things changed. They started showing cartoons >_< and horrible live action shows that NO ONE cares about. And then in their bumps they would insult their anime viewers like it was a game. Is it me or does anyone notice that Adult swim has lost it's luster? I mean Animonday doesn't do that, PLUS they have REALLY good anime. Also the promo that insulted Adult Swim was funny. "Adult Swim, Kids float! Animonday! Animonday!"---Animonday promo.

So what do you think?

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I fully agree. I used to watch Adult Swim every night but now the only thing I watch on it is Bleach and Moribito. They just plain suck now.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Never watched anime. But I only watch Adult Swim for King of the Hill every non-school night, and turn it off as soon as it's over. The rest looks like horseshit. I can't believe they canceled it for some Family Guy spinoff. The executives at Fox should be lashed until they drop.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I liked the show Superjail and Frisky Dingo. I know the studio that did Frisky Dingo shut down so there's no more of that coming sadly. I have no idea if Superjail will be returning though, but I wouldn't mind if it did.

Anyways Bleach started being boring as hell once they got into the soul reaper society place. It was all talking about their own little stupid politics, I get enough of that in real life with our own. I don't think there's any good anime's anymore, the last good one was Death Note and even it went on too long I think. 52 episodes, yeah right.

Daisuke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm sorry, what's an otaku?

Otaku, anime fan or what some in Japan call bookworm or booknerd. The reason why is because of the fact that Otaku have been found with their heads in manga almost everyday. This little tid bit comes from my friend Jordan who, lived in Japan.

fire2box said:
I don't think there's any good anime's anymore

Acually there are but you'd have to watch Animonday, or go look on the internet. Here's my list of good anime and manga

Elfen Lied

Monster

Marchen Awakens Romance

Wolfs' Rain

Whistle

FMA Brotherhood (The few first clips of the anime from what I've seen are good. Hell I've even heard good reviews about it)

( That's about all I can think about for now, if you want more go look at the Shonen and Seinen genre)

Okay now back to the Adult Swim topic. TOO MANY cartoons like family guy and ATHF few others, and not enough anime. Plus the anime on the time block on Saturdays is being pushed back. Hell, I don't even think they have an anime time slot anymore. Most of the anime shown on Saturdays is shown mostly at 5 or 6 AM. I'd rather stick with animonday when, It comes to finding new anime straight from Japan that, I want to watch in Japanese. I hate Adult Swim. Though their bumps are cool.

But I think Animonday will get smart and get their own bumps just, to demolish Adult Swim.

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I like 5 shows on there and thats it.

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Otaku = geek in japanese... I don't see why anyone would be mad when CN guys wanted to target a larger audience than just the japanese-loving guys.. Anyway, I didn't watch Adult swim much in the past, and I don't do now :eek:

Role
  1. Other
Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo.

To me the only worthwhile anime's or however you say that ever appeared on adult swim worth mentioning.

Other than that, Aqua Teen Hunger Force is just awesome, and Home Movies, that about wraps it up, imo.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I think you're wrong. There are still good shows on Adult Swim, you're just too critical of them because you want the shows that you like to be on there every night. I watched Adult Swim the other night (only because my friend was over) and found the shows that were on to be pretty funny, despite never having seen most of them before. I do know and *love* ATHF, Robot Chicken, and Home Movies, but even some of the newer ones which I hadn't seen before I found to be interesting. But that's from an objective standpoint, and I guess it's kind of like me not watching anything on Nick because it's mostly shows that I don't find funny (because of their target audience).

Also, anime is so easy to find online. Why watch it on TV?

Daisuke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
true! And if anime is gone off of adult swim that means one less channel to make a horrible dub ^__^.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I only watch King of The Hill, Aqua Teen and Robot Chicken myself. I can't stand some of the shows they have on now. ESPECIALLY Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job... SHUDDER. Even tried to watch that drunk once, and I wanted to throw up. That show was TERRIBLE.

I never got into anime myself, as I prefer other entertaiment to anime. But yeah, Adult Swim sucks. I don't like Squidbillies, and I am not looking forward to their spin-off show. Yes, a Squidbillies spin-off when they could make more Drinky Crow, and more Moral Orel.

WildThing121675

Sila

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Other
You're not alone...Adult swim has gone down the train, as has toonami (if they even have that anymore). I remember back when I was younger I'd wake up in the morning to watch Zoids, then go back to sleep for another hour before waking up for school. I'd stay up late to watch Yu Yu Hakusho on Toonami, and even later to watch Inuyasha on Adult Swim. I remember when they played .hack// legend of the twilight (my personal favorite :p ) on Toonami...Wolfs rain on Adult swim, Rurouni Kenshin on Toonami...God I miss those anime shows. XD Now if you turn on the t.v to adult swim, you'll find some crap like robot chicken (not to offend, I personally just hate that show to no end ), or something else just as stupid. Toonami? I stopped watching that when they made SD Gundam and took off Kenshin. Hell I even remember watching Sailor Moon and G Gundam on Toonami/Adult swim.

Makes me sad remembering that. :(

Also, anime is so easy to find online. Why watch it on TV?

Because it's illegal to watch it online? and it isn't always easy to find? I personally LIKE dubs, over subs, and I have a very hard time finding it online. Also, sitting at a computer screen with lower quality and many other distractions can't beat sitting down like the old days and watching t.v at night in bed.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
true! And if anime is gone off of adult swim that means one less channel to make a horrible dub ^__^.

I don't get why people cry about dubbing... it needs to be translated to English. I do not enjoy reading subtitles or listening to stuff in Japanese or any other language I don't speak. The dubbing on Death Note and Full Meal Alchemist seem perfectly fine for me and pretty damn good.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Because it's illegal to watch it online? and it isn't always easy to find? I personally LIKE dubs, over subs, and I have a very hard time finding it online. Also, sitting at a computer screen with lower quality and many other distractions can't beat sitting down like the old days and watching t.v at night in bed.

I won't do the super awesome "break your post down by sentence because that is how I argue in real life for shizzle" thing, but if it was illegal to watch it online then I'm betting thousands of people would already be in trouble. A quick Google Search of "Watch Anime Online" brought up 27.9 million results, the first having a large number of shows to watch online. Websites like hulu.com are also available for most Adult Swim shows and, IIRC, some of the links on hulu.com come right from the Adult Swim website.

And you can hook up your computer to your television. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find out how to do it at all, and simpler to actually do it.

So pessimistic. :(

Sila

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Other
I won't do the super awesome "break your post down by sentence because that is how I argue in real life for shizzle" thing, but if it was illegal to watch it online then I'm betting thousands of people would already be in trouble. A quick Google Search of "Watch Anime Online" brought up 27.9 million results, the first having a large number of shows to watch online. Websites like hulu.com are also available for most Adult Swim shows and, IIRC, some of the links on hulu.com come right from the Adult Swim website.

And you can hook up your computer to your television. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find out how to do it at all, and simpler to actually do it.

So pessimistic. :(

well that's cuz if you read the rest of my post, i dont like the stuff that's on adult swim and toonami now compared to what used to be on it. XD that's the point of the thread x3

and i know i know, there's thousands upon thousands of anime sites- but once again, it's hard to find quality anime without having to sift through possible virus linked torrents/downloads, subs that I dont feel like watching (for the reasons that Fire2box explained xD), etc. x3 I dont care for watching anime online- does that mean i dont do it? naw, i've watched 61 episodes of Kenshin online back to back because I found the links in dubs. but I still prefer watching it on t.v =p

I used to be able to call up a friend after a show ended, and we'd chat about what we liked and didn't like in that episode for hours. XD that was some of the more fun days of my childhood that i miss. now it just isn't the same.

sorry for coming off as pessimistic...i dont mean to. i just really miss the older adult swim and toonami. xD

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I only watch King of The Hill, Aqua Teen and Robot Chicken myself. I can't stand some of the shows they have on now. ESPECIALLY Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job... SHUDDER. Even tried to watch that drunk once, and I wanted to throw up. That show was TERRIBLE.

I never got into anime myself, as I prefer other entertaiment to anime. But yeah, Adult Swim sucks. I don't like Squidbillies, and I am not looking forward to their spin-off show. Yes, a Squidbillies spin-off when they could make more Drinky Crow, and more Moral Orel.

WildThing121675

:thumbsup: I remember watching Aqua Teen Whateveritis when I was nine. I liked it at the time, but I don't know if I would now. I never saw Robot Chicken, although I have heard good things about it. King of the Hill is my favorite non-hockey thing to watch, just ordered seasons 1 and 2 through Amazon. The reason I quote you is because of sentence 3.

Agreed. With extreme veracity and prejudice. Abysmal show. Even their commercial makes me wish to retch.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! is outstanding, and likely the most creative thing on Adult Swim. Looking a little deeper into their production quality (the high quality it takes to produce such poor quality) can give one an added appreciation for the shittiness of the show. Frankly, I love it -- I find its awkwardness to be on par with the hilarity of The Office, and the hit-the-nail-on-the-head reproductions of public access television, sales commercials, and infomercials makes it A+ in my book.

I don't watch Adult Swim for anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.