Is it an 'act of defiance' for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bashfuldlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have found, thanks to ADISC, that when I wear/use my diapers, it is a total act of defiance.
It's akin to saying, "The heck with you, World. I'm gonna do this and there is nothing you can do to stop me!'
My fellow AB/DL's, how do you feel about this?

I feel that I need to clarify my reference to ADISC.
I have had this fascination with using diapers all my life.
Now that I'm free to explore the 'why's and 'how's of my genuine need to wear and use my diapers, ADISC has told me that I'm not the only one!
The mere fact that there are others just like me had freed me from the feeling that I'm just a crazy, nutty and messed-up basket case.
Imagine how I felt the very first time I found-out that I was not alone with my singular need.
Jeez, what a relief!

Last edited:

cm90210

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've felt that way a little bit. It's such a strange behavior and desire -- so far out the box and outside the norm. I think I am acting defiantly to cultural norms and expectations when I wear diapers.

BabyDenise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I can see your point and I am sure there are many others that wearing or using diapers is a form of 'The heck with you, World'.

However, for me, this does not describe me at all. In my case, it is both a form of stress relief (mostly) and for sexual release.

BoundCoder

nnember
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
  3. Private
There's a lot of different reasons people get into this stuff and a lot of different attitudes. I don't see anything wrong with the mindset you described.

It's definitely not me though.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
In general, it's not for me. But there are times when I'm in deep regression and I think of my mother who sent me to a shrink when I was discovered. There is a small part inside me that says, see mommy, I'm in diapers. You should have let me wear diapers when I first wanted. I'm sure Freud would have had a field day with that!

RyanTylerDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
I've felt that way a little bit. It's such a strange behavior and desire -- so far out the box and outside the norm. I think I am acting defiantly to cultural norms and expectations when I wear diapers.

I'd have to agree, though I have never thought of it as a type of defiance until now...

ClandestineWing

Gomamon Supreme(ly diapered)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
One of the most important things I learned through accepting myself is that it's only natural for human beings to have fetishes, no matter how odd they are, and it's completely normal to indulge in them in your privacy as well. So no, I don't feel like I'm "defying" anything.

bashfuldlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Right on the money, cm90210. You've echoed my exact feelings......

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
No... I don't look at my diapers and the wearing of diapers as an act of defiance.
if there would be a totalitarian state where I'd live, that would suppress my human rights, and I would fight against that, well I'd look at this then as an act of defiance.

For me diapers:
90% Practical usage to cover my medical Issue (IC), 8% Comfort Item, 2% Sexual Item.
That leaves 0% for anything like fighting the social norm with diapers, acts of defiance through diapers, etc...

petitewhimsy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
In some ways, I wish I could say that it was an act of defiance. In all honesty though, it's not. It's strange, but as I got older, I felt like I got less attention, I wasn't getting told what to do as much, and I had to become more independent. It wasn't any fault of my parents. They were just trying to help me grow-up. However, I didn't want to, so I internalized the way they acted and felt less loved. For me, wearing diapers is about feeling smaller, trying to regain what felt like the unconditional love I got when I was younger. There was no disappointment, always forgiveness, and I didn't have to make difficult adult decisions.

YoungZeppelin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I don't know about defiance but for me I think its more of a stress release and comfort.

Drifter

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Hey bashful, glad to see you are finding some relief by redefining what kind of basket case you are.:smile1:

I think a dose of defiance is a good thing. What you are defying is your perception of society's perception of you. You have been shackled (as many of us have been) by beliefs (mostly true) that society takes a harsh stance on the activities we desire. Through your rebeliousness you have earned a taste of freedom. Enjoy.

Gsmax

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Occasionally, the thought of wearing as a form of social defiance has crossed my mind, but the more I think about it, the less I think of it as such. So, no. I don't wear as a form of social defiance. I do plenty of other things that do that unrelated to this that qualify. This is not one of them.

Frogsy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I've never thought of it as an act of defiance! For me it's more like a sign of my less than perfect psychology. I tend to regress when anxious, fearful, or stressed. For the sexual side, that was just programmed into me at some point, like most fetishes. It's kind of hardwired. That only shows up when I'm in the mood, and doesn't involve regression.

As far as defiance, I actually am more the opposite. Rarely would I ever tell anyone, and so far I've only told certain boyfriends. I really love it when I'm accepted for this and not judged negatively, and so far that's only happened once with a non-ABDL partner. I kind of wish it was not as looked down upon as it is in society today. But I do understand why it's weird to non-ABs. It would just be nice to not have to be scared that people might find this out about me.

Astatine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I thought about this before, but I'm still not sure whether defiance is apt for expressing 'out of the box'. Deviance is the better term to describe this. In my opinion, defiance would include some sort of action that directly challenges society and its conceptions, values, or norms. Publicly wearing nothing but a diaper surely does the trick, as it challenges conceptions, values, or norms even within the ABDL-Community. To be deviant, on the other hand, it is enough simply not to do something in a way you are expected to do it. I guess they are closely related, but I'm not a linguist...

In my case, there are plenty of other things I do that might already be recognised as an act of defiance as well as deviant behavior, so there isn't really a need to go one step further and include diapers. But it definitly is kind of liberating to wear diapers...

I just remembered a text or lecture I read or heard a time ago, where it was argued that deviance might actually be a key element in cultural evolution. I'll post the source, as soon as I recall it.

Last edited:

giantguy99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
For me it is not a act of defiance. I use diapers because I believe it's healthier to do that rather then deal with the side effects of certain medications. I use them to help me sleep at night (which was 99% the original reason for me 21 years ago) which helps with certain mental health issues as well as simply getting me a good nights sleep. More recently I became IC and had to start 24/7 for the sake of others. So a more recent update of why I wear them would be 45% medical reasons 44% mental health reasons (including getting enough sleep) and 1% sexual.

CharliePup

Mommy's puppy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Wearing and using my diapers is usually the exact opposite of defiance in my mind. If I'm a little girl with wetting issues, deciding to wear diapers is basically saying 'okay, I might pee on stuff here, better prevent that', while not wearing them is saying 'Yeah, I know I'm going to wet myself and cause problems but I don't care >:I'

C

CrinklySiren

I'm not sure I fully understand, but will go on to analyze it in my own creative way:

The act of wearing diapers and dressing up cute and babyish, is in itself a large portion of my overall and constantly present personality. While I may not do it simply for the desire to be against the norm, I DO stand up IN defiance of the norm by what i am. So I guess to simplify:

- I do it because its who I am
- I do it the way I do it, because I don't really give a damn what the public thinks of me.

Granted; i've got to admit that being a girl does make it significantly easier. I know that some would have you believe that "no, girls do not get away with more." but its just a lie, we do, and it's awesome, but its also unfortunate for everyone else who is just as adorable but can't express that adorable side without being judged.

But anyway, I'm clearly going off on an irrelevant tangent, but yeah ~ I'll wear a cute little dress, some pink lace white shoes and a bow in my hair (diapered, crinkly and all) because i just love being cute any day of the week, but the act in itself is an act of defiance simply out of the non-existent desire to comply to normalcy or this false obligation to 'act my age'. I pay my taxes, so society can EAT me. lol <3

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
This is an interesting and complex question.

Surface level: no, I wear diapers for mental and sexual satisfaction. They make me feel comfortable and often aroused, and I like that, so I do it.

Second level: maybe. Even if I'm not intending to be defiant, at some point, perhaps subconsciously, I made the decision that my personal desires were more important than conforming exactly to the expectations of society. That inherently contains an element of defiance. It's telling society: "no, screw you, I'm more important!"

Third level: Yes, but also kinda no. Although I may be violating society's norms, I do so with the belief that I am not doing anything wrong. I want to help society understand its hypocrisies and make people realize that if they're going to preach that everyone has the right to pursue happiness, that has to include stuff that people think is weird, as long as it's not hurting anybody else. That is a defiant act, but I don't possess the intention to be defiant, but rather the belief that by acting in a certain way, I'm actually being consistent with what I believe to be society's more fundamental values.

Status
Not open for further replies.