is it an accident

Diamond

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So when I'm padded my body knows and will dribble of whatever. Just about to come to bed and i really needed a wee but thought I'd wait until I come up to bed and popped on my nappy. Nappy on, got into bed and I begun to wee. I didn't make myself wee but but also probably could of stopped it too so.. does this count as an 'accident'

• Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater
Sort of? Why are you trying to classify it? Unless you're trying to determine a medical issue it really doesn't matter; call it whatever makes you happy.

Reactions: blaincorrous, Edgewater, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
I find there are times when I not really conscious of needing to go potty, but then I bend over or do some other movement and suddenly I'm wetting my diapers. Not sure this ever happens when I don't have diapers on, but when I do, I never make any effort to stop wetting, no matter how little I wet, as long as I am wearing diapers and rubber pants.

Lyric said:
I find there are times when I not really conscious of needing to go potty, but then I bend over or do some other movement and suddenly I'm wetting my diapers. Not sure this ever happens when I don't have diapers on, but when I do, I never make any effort to stop wetting, no matter how little I wet, as long as I am wearing diapers and rubber pants.
yeah this can happen to me, luckily never happened when I'm not wearing

Reactions: Edgewater and Lyric
YakuiAndOzoi said:
Sort of? Why are you trying to classify it? Unless you're trying to determine a medical issue it really doesn't matter; call it whatever makes you happy.
just curious as to what people think

I don't know if there is an official AB/DL name for this but I will say congratulations. Your getting more comfortable with using your diaper but it's not reverse potty training since you still have that. Part of potty training is making the connection that no clothing touching your crotch equals I should pee and poop now. This is also why Pull-Ups can slow down potty training. The toddler gets the sensation of wetting a diaper instead of there pants and they miss out on the new sensation of wearing cloth underwear. I don't know how any of this works with cloth diapers. The important thing is that on a subconscious level you know that you're wearing a diaper and you trust it.

Reactions: Edgewater and Lyric
Diamond said:
So when I'm padded my body knows and will dribble of whatever. Just about to come to bed and i really needed a wee but thought I'd wait until I come up to bed and popped on my nappy. Nappy on, got into bed and I begun to wee. I didn't make myself wee but but also probably could of stopped it too so.. does this count as an 'accident'
Nope. You held it in, and let go when you were in bed. on purpose. Not an accident. Be happy in your nappie🤙

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, Lyric and CheshireCat
I find that since I started wearing diapers more often over the last couple of years, I can wet them much easier and more often. I still have my normal control if I'm not wearing, but when I am I don't have to put much effort into letting go when I get the sensation. I actually find it harder to hold when wearing a diaper. Sometimes it feels like I'm bursting but my bladder isn't completely full. When I'm not wearing I tend to go back to normal. I've never had any accidents though. I always get the sensation that I need to go first. It can be harder to hold after that and sometimes I can dribble a bit, but it has never happened without me knowing.

Until my control went to pot (hem hem) I had the same experience. I'd put my nappies on and just seemed to lose control. Not really accidents but just free to pee. Then urge IC came along and that's when the real accidents happened, in and out of nappies. I never minded as I've worn nappies for pleasure since I was a small kid.

• Love
I’ve also found that when I wear for a few days I can wet very easily, but it certainly doesn’t have any effect on my continence, for example I was able to ‘hang on’ for around eight hours on Friday when I was out on an office visit, but have been wetting freely over the weekend.

No, it really does not count.
But, the mind can connect what you have put on that allows the use or not, which is called oversight!
What counts is when it happens and you are not aware of it starting. Awareness occurs with the general wetness within the area, depending on what abilities one has as some only know when they check.
What you are more likely feeling is you becoming more comfortable wetting yourself.

Reactions: DLmikey
I wonder how much your subconscious can affect your continence? I'm a pretty shy person and I despise using public restrooms, especially for #2. I went on a business trip a few months ago and the hotel room I was in shared a washroom with my boss' room. It was basically two separate rooms connected with a washroom in the middle. Just the thought of going #2 with my boss on the other side of the wall embarrassed me, and the only other option while we were out and about was public washrooms. We were gone for over two days and I tried to use the washroom a few times when I actually had a bit of privacy, but not much came out. Then when I returned home, I was only in the door for about 20 minutes and I had the urge to go. When I did about two days worth came out all at once. I have had similar experiences before, I believe I am subconsciously making myself constipated if that's even a thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and DLmikey
LilPaddedBunny said:
I wonder how much your subconscious can affect your continence? I'm a pretty shy person and I despise using public restrooms, especially for #2. I went on a business trip a few months ago and the hotel room I was in shared a washroom with my boss' room. It was basically two separate rooms connected with a washroom in the middle. Just the thought of going #2 with my boss on the other side of the wall embarrassed me, and the only other option while we were out and about was public washrooms. We were gone for over two days and I tried to use the washroom a few times when I actually had a bit of privacy, but not much came out. Then when I returned home, I was only in the door for about 20 minutes and I had the urge to go. When I did about two days worth came out all at once. I have had similar experiences before, I believe I am subconsciously making myself constipated if that's even a thing.

A ’Jack & Jill Bathroom’ - I’ve encountered them while travelling in Greece and they an absolute nightmare for those of us who are shy.

A very dear friend of mine has a lovely trailer by the coast which I have visited for the day, but with such thin partition walls I am very reluctant to stay overnight for that very reason.

Back