• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Is it acceptable to date your friend's sister/brother?

Is it acceptable to date your friend's sibling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuctifano

Est. Contributor
Role
Would you say that it is acceptable to become the boyfriend or girlfriend of one of your friend's siblings?

poll to be attached..

S

secretdl26

I chose unsure because I think it would depend on the attitude of your friend.
Personally I couldn't say because I'm an only child and have not dated a friend's sister.

B

Butterfly Mage

I don't see a moral problem with doing so. However, it might not be the wisest thing to do, as a bad breakup with your friend's sibling could end your friendship as well. Even if that is not the result, you'd end up seeing your "ex" more often than you may want.

PostTenebrasLux

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
When I came into this thread, it looked like one of the voting options was "I'd have to consult the literature."; I LOL'd. I'll be filing that away for future use.

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Not only can i not really comment since i have never dated anyone but it is pretty obvous that it depends on the situatoin and really if your friend would be ok wiht that.

Edit: oh and personally if it was a younger sibling i think tthe friend would hae a right to beat you up.

F

Falkio

I consider it a moral "grey" area. Depends on age and how their parents feel about you. Unfortunately my best friend's sister left for college just as I got old enought to date; otherwise, I may have attempted it. :thumbsup:

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Let me give a quote from the new Fast & Furious movie (which by the way, wasn't all that bad considering what it was):

"I dated his sister"
------
"You're a lucky man..."
------
"Why?"
------
"Because you're still alive"
------

So no, dating a friend's sister/brother is foul play, and should be avoided.

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
yes but fallen that qoute can't be used as in the first movie he wa s threatened b the dude sayng "YOu break hear heart and your dead" or something close to that.

fuctifano

Est. Contributor
Role
Let me give a quote from the new Fast & Furious movie (which by the way, wasn't all that bad considering what it was):

"I dated his sister"
------
"You're a lucky man..."
------
"Why?"
------
"Because you're still alive"
------

So no, dating a friend's sister/brother is foul play, and should be avoided.
Care to elaborate on that? Why is it foul play?

Role
Private
Would you say that it is acceptable to become the boyfriend or girlfriend of one of your friend's siblings?

poll to be attached..
Perfectly acceptable, but as Butterfly Mage points out, this is a great recipe for disaster.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
yes but fallen that qoute can't be used as in the first movie he wa s threatened b the dude sayng "YOu break hear heart and your dead" or something close to that.
It was "you break her heart, I break your neck" :thumbsup:

Also, depends on how good of friends, age, how the parents think of you.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Edit: oh and personally if it was a younger sibling i think tthe friend would hae a right to beat you up.
Why? This isn't the Stone Age. The friend does not own the sibling. If both consent, why not?

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I would say there are no social limits on the action itself that I am aware of, and even know of people who have done it.

However, problems are likely to occur. If (or considering the age of a lot of people on this forum. when) the break up occurs it could also damage the friendship. The friendship might be damaged by not being tended to as much. I have had friendships weakened by the simple fact my friend was going out and didn't talk to me as much - I imagine the fact there person they are going out with is your sibling only ampilfies this. Another possibility is the friend takes it the wrong way for no apparent reason (they could be protective, or just not like it).

No social constraints I am aware of, but it is dangerous waters.

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Why? This isn't the Stone Age. The friend does not own the sibling. If both consent, why not?
Becuase if i had a younger sibling dating someone more than 1 year older then them I would be pissed.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Becuase if i had a younger sibling dating someone more than 1 year older then them I would be pissed.
Why? If they were a jerk to the sibling, of course you would be. But if they were both happy, than that's just asshattery.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
You guys watch those movies way too much.
Actually, I haven't watched it in months.. it just got stuck in my head. ;)

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
It really depends.
I guess it depends on the nature of the relationship.

Lets look at the sitcom Friends.

Chandler starts screwing his friend's sister. He keeps this a secret from his friend at first.
Why?
IMO- Because it's inappropriate to have a sex driven relationship with a friend's sibling!

But when they're getting married, Ross (the friend) gives a speech saying how nice it is for his sister to be marrying his best friend.
This is a more real relationship, and whilst weird at first, it's easy to move past.

Status
Not open for further replies.