Is Diaper Space dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Is Diaper Space officially dead? Can't seem to get on it from my phone. All I see is an database error.

babyJared

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Just like justin timberlake, its dead and gone XD

- - - Updated - - -

Just like justin timberlake, its dead and gone XD

bigbluehusky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
I think that their database can't handle the number of users that want to log on. I rarely can log on

Geno

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
The better question to be asking is when has that site not been dead.

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
Might as well be, it has had its time as a big site for AB/DLs but like the real Myspace that a while ago and people have moved on to other sites. It's had technical problems for bloody ages now to the point where I doubt people even attempt to log on anymore with so many other (and better) alternatives to it.

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
It still seems to be "working" for me right now...
But since they tried to make it look like facebook, everyone has abandoned it because it's servers just can't handle being that sort of site, and it just doesn't function. I mean, it was always kinda half-ass, but now it's just given up on. It used to have a decent chat community, but everyone seems to have left.

You might as well consider it dead at this point...

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
It's a ship with a broken rudder and too small a boarding ramp for everyone who wants to come and go.

It's not sunk. But it's not set up to be successful.

C

Cherub

It's a ship with a broken rudder and too small a boarding ramp for everyone who wants to come and go.
It's not sunk. But it's not set up to be successful.
Love the image you painted with words. Interesting analogy!

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I remember right before I deleted my profile that there weren't many people on it still. Plus a lot of my friends on there were leaving. So its best to say its dead now but glad I know for sure. Is this the only site you guys connect with or are their other top sites you use?

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I remember right before I deleted my profile that there weren't many people on it still. Plus a lot of my friends on there were leaving. So its best to say its dead now but glad I know for sure.

Whether or not Diaper Space is dead depends upon whether we mean that in a technical sense or a practical sense. In a technical sense, no, it isn't dead. I know this because I just went to the website and it loaded for me. In a practical sense, it's lost a significant chunk of membership. Any website needs a certain critical mass of active membership to survive and grow. I seriously doubt that Diaper Space still has that.

In any case, I don't think that Diaper Space had any functions that Daily Diapers doesn't have, and Daily Diapers has a very active membership. So it's also not as if the niche isn't filled.

Interestingly, the page I just saw load for Diaper Space appears to be a significantly pared-down version of what I remember. I'm wondering if they've redesigned a new low-impact site to help reduce bandwidth needs.

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
Interestingly, the page I just saw load for Diaper Space appears to be a significantly pared-down version of what I remember. I'm wondering if they've redesigned a new low-impact site to help reduce bandwidth needs.

Perhaps, after a while you just want your site up and running even if it means having to make changes to the layout to support it. Frankly now it just looks like Facebook and there is already Diaperbook to compete with that as well now, never been on it but I'm guessing it really hasn't helped DS any more than their own technical problems have.

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Do people even use diaperbook? I never saw a community there at all, just a whole heap of abandoned profiles that sometimes attract someone who wants to add you.

Status
Not open for further replies.