Is Diaper Punishment a thing?

AliTigerCub said:
unfortunately I was.... I consider it child abuse. So was I abused ? You decide.

I was young. I went to pre shcool in South Carolina and it wasn't bad at all. It was actually quite nice and I made many friends. Sadly I moved out of state years later and lost contact. The 90's and early 2000's were not the best for social media and staying connected but I digress.

MY school had rules and if you broke the rules punishments were pretty normal. Until one day. I saw my friend forced to be a baby after he broke some rules. For what I have no idea. They took him down the hall to the daycare side , put him in diapers , put a paci in his mouth and led him back to the class room. It was unreal and not something I have ever seen before because I was young. Diapers are for babies and I potty trained years ago so this was a shock to me. My friend wasn't the only one this happened to. Another friend of mine had the same thing happen to him. They took him by the hand led him down the hall and did the same thing. Then led him back to class to show everyone in class. Then one day I was bad. I didn't know what being led down the hall was like at all. I rarely got in trouble and never wanted to be in trouble but one day I couldn't sleep during nap time and the teacher I guess wasn't having any of it. She told me I was in trouble and told me if I didn't go to sleep during nap time I would not like it so I should go to sleep. I couldn't sleep. I just tried to hide my face and tried to close my eyes but couldn't sleep at all. She then turned the lights on to wake everyone up for snack. I wanted my snack but by the time she gave everyone their snack she said she would be right back and then grabbed my hand and led me down the hall. I was crying and everything. It was really emotional for me. She opened the door to the nursery and the first thing that hit me was the smell. It smelled like a dirty diaper. I was led to in front of the change table where a toddler was being changed and I was told to wait there. Me I'm still crying and everything and the teachers start to make fun of me crying. It was really mean and made me feel really bad as kid. Well that ended pretty quickly because it got worse. The changing table was ready for me. She lifted me up and put me down on the changing table I was crying a lot. She took my shoes , pants , and undies off me. I was lying there naked and then she put a diaper under me. Then came the rash cream , baby powder , etc on me and pulled the diaper up between my legs and taped it. She lifted me back up and put me on the floor. I was still crying. She put a paci in my mouth and said stop then grabbed my arm and led me back to class in nothing but a tee shirt and diaper. She opened the door and showed all the kids. I was mortified. I could not stop crying. After about 5 minutes of her showing the kids and telling them I broke the rules she then led me back to the nursery and that is where I stayed the rest of the day. They did give me a bottle instead of snack and did use my diaper but they changed me back into my clothes before my parents picked me up. I never told them. I was actually treated like a baby and no for people who have that fantasy it isn't cool when you're a kid and punished this way. It's really scary and saddening. I believe it's child abuse and will never accept that it isn't.

But yes I was punished with diapers. Why I'm an AB today I will never know.

Sorry for the typos.
It sounds like the teach is troubled, abusing kids like that, I hope that justice catch up to her at some point.

I have quite a varied background, and have seen first hand and even experienced the use of diapers and other humiliation tactic as punishment, they were definitely a thing, though thankfully it's basically unheard of now.

There also seems to be some comments here that diaper punishment may not be abuse, as it's a mean of correcting behaviour, or that we shouldn't worry about a little humiliation, I think this can be a point of contention, in that for the most part the parent may mean to do the right thing, but simply lacked the knowledge to know how best to manage the child's behaviour, so they resort to something extreme, something that they know the child wouldn't like, and assumed that it would be the best way to correct behaviour, though we know now that it can cause more harm than good.

As for worrying about a little humiliation, that somehow not putting children through these is making them weaker, I'd have to disagree, children who have gone through these traumatic experiences are generally less happy and less stable, growing up without these experiences doesn't make you weaker somehow, arguably the opposite, as one would be more likely to have learned better coping strategies.

Yes it is a thing speaking from experience , i was diaper punished back then even till late teens but it wasn't what you would expect like from ABDL fantasy or BDSM, totally nothing of the sort at all or close for me . Being asian its all about "face" or prestige , i was a bedwetter till late teens ( about 17 ) so it is considered shameful for me to still needing to wear diapers in secondary school ( high school in the USA ). Relatives and friends of my parents would be asking why am i still needing diapers after they found out im a bedwetter which in turn would make my parents would lose "face" . ( I don't know how or why is that either )

My mom would be like why are you still wetting like a baby , why are you still having to wear diapers at your age etc and she goes on about how my cousins who are kids and do not need diapers at night blah blah blah , i know she means well but unlike Caucasian parents who would offer support and concern this is how my parents are like . My diaper punishment isn't anything like the typical abdl fantasy punishment , its more like i have to wear my diapers 24/7 for being a bedwetter and being humiliated at times by my parents not the kind where in abdl fantasy the parents would playfully tease their child but in the way of actually making the child feel embarrassed and humiliated even in public , i had diaper checks in public and again it wasn't a playful check but a humiliating one .

I was constantly compared to younger cousins and babies of parents friends and relatives , how they are out of diapers and me still in them at my age . I have heard stories of abdl fantasies how parents make their child wear diapers and all the teasing and humilation although it all sounds good but when going though it im quite certain it wasn't as nice as what it is not to mention the social fallout etc .

• Sad
Reactions: JOCKMAN
Pika123 said:
Has anyone been diaper punished as a kid or is it just a ABDL thing? I've only really come across it in fantasy ABDL stories and was just wondering if it extended into the real world. And if it is a thing, and you had it as a kid, what did you do to get the punishment?
my step dad threatened that as punishment as a kid if I was being bad or misbehaving

I don’t think this really is diaper punishment in the classic way, but I was forced to wear diapers by my grandmother after I had wet a sleeping bag and the rug underneath at a family friends house. It was the first night I had been there. I was like 12 or 13 years old ( in the early 1990’s) when this happened. I was only forced to wear diapers (at night) the week that happened, never again afterwards. I think my parents may have a big fight with my grandmother about it, though I didn’t personally tell them. She had sewn smaller straps on a belted undergarment so it would fit me. I know I bruised her wrist significantly during the ensuing fight. I think the only other person who knew would have been my brother. She definitely did not try to humiliate me. She said the family dog had peed where I had actually peed when asking to use the washing machine and cleaning supplies. Just the same I was thoroughly humiliated... I ended up wearing diapers at night for the week. I am like 100% sure that week laid the framework for my DL side. I know my mom provided me with diapers for sleep away events, if I wanted to wear them. My dad didn’t get involved in that other doing the laundry when I wet. My parents never forced me to wear a diaper.
100% true to the extent of my own memories

I'm pretty sure it used to happen, parents used to smack kids and if you think about it nappy punishment doesn't leave a mark ...I'm guessing that's what the perpetrators thought. These days I bet if you naughty-step a child ...the child can (and probably does) sue you!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
You sadly do still hear about it happening from time to time. I same as many consider it child abuse, its only intention is to cause humiliation and should never be used to punish a kid that actually needs help over punishment.

I had a friend at school who had a little sister (I think she was about 3 or 4 at the time as she hadn’t started school yet) and I remember him telling me that if she wet the bed she would have a nappy put on, the sheets changed and be put back to bed.

I assume that was just to protect the bed in case she wet it again the same night. I hope it wasn’t punishment as that would be mean.

Apart from that, I never saw, heard of or experienced nappying being used as punishment in the UK in the 80s and 90s.

You here about it in a lot of abuse situations. It always makes me wonder of the times it's used for bedwetting or the like that don't rise to the level of other neglect (like the kids aren't locked in cages or starved to death).

My wife was a special ed teacher for years (yeah, everybody says that's why she's equipped to deal with me). She had a parent who just was essentially a neglectful parents (not cruel just failed to do any parenting). The girl was like ten or so and they just never bothered to try to train her. Fortunately, when they got her removed she thrived (and remarkedly toilet trained in hours).

Calico said:
My sister in law was made to wear a diaper for a day by a relative because she had an accident and she never did it again. This was before she was hit by a car.
Surprised no one has quoted this but I guess I will.

Sorry, but I'm rolling on the floor laughing about getting hit by a car. I know it's not funny, it's just that I wasn't expecting to read that part at all lmao.

I see it not as a black-and-white thing, but as a smooth range. Everything is "child abuse" to someone. Where a person sits on the line is what decides what they consider abuse vs what they consider discipline. And the average point on that line has moved over the years. What was considered acceptable discipline is now considered abuse. You can't say that discipline 20 yrs ago was "abuse" unless you are willing to accept that "most kids were abused 20 years ago". And 20 years from now, what you see today is "discipline" will probably be considered abuse. And you will be the abuser.

That's just how it goes.

My mom's told me stories about how the nuns at school would put welts on your butt or crack you good over the head with their ruler for disturbing class. But back then that's just how it was done. (and education was arguably more effective due to it, nowadays we don't blame the students, we blame the teachers for misbehaving kids, when they are totally powerless to do anything about it)

20 years from now you might not be able to ground your kid or put them in Timeout without someone crying "ABUSE!" Yes, it sounds silly. NOW.

All things considered, "diaper punishment" is pretty mild, compared to what else was acceptable back then. Back then, wood sheds were used for more than just storing wood....

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: babyboy, DiaperVapor, KittyMerriweather and 1 other person
I was only once punished by being put in a nappy. When I was younger I suffered with encorpresis, which meant I often had skids in my pants. One evening my mum had enough and flipped, she put me in one of my baby brothers nappies and told me I had to keep it on, I didn't even dare to put my pj bottoms back on. I just sat with my two younger brothers on the sofa wishing it to be bedtime. It was far from a fantasy, but I often wonder if that's where my abdl side was sparked. I must have been about 8-9 at the time

Last edited:
I know fairly certain growing up being diaper discipline / punishment did contribute to me becoming a DL , some part of me just wanted it weirdly , i couldn't explain why but the punishment that was meant to humiliate became something i would like although talking about it on paper sounds nice but going though it was not .

It IS real - BUT nothing like those fantasy stories!
Some have actually gone far enough to end up on the news - but even they are not even close to most of the ABDL fantasy stories you see.
On occasion I had a mild form of it used for various reasons - but VERY mild. I was never out of diapers anyway (nerve damage since birth) - there were times I was quite deliberately left in a used diaper for a little while, but not that long - although at the time, it seemed like it was, but realistically, it was not. - In my case, embarrassment had NOTHING to do with it (definitely would not have worked that way being diapered 23/7 anyway due to a medical issue), it was about slight discomfort.

I think there's a big difference between diapering a child just because they had an accident and using diapers with a child because they have frequent accidents. One is unreasonable and the other is necessary.

Reactions: JOCKMAN
I had wet myself being lazy and my mom and 2 sisters and brother put me in a diaper and they said I had to mess it... It was hard so they did an enema it wasnt painful and to be honest i enjoyed it and i continue to wear diapers and clean-outs often

I saw a form of "diaper punishment" once when I was about 4, a neighbor had many kids, they were Mormon I believe, they had like 7 kids, anyways the youngest one was younger than me but the closest to me age, 2 or 3 years old. We were talking on the front step to their apartment. The little boy asked if I knew what number 1 and 2 was, I did not know what he was referring too, So he decided to show me. He peed on the bush next to the front door, said that number 1, and then he took a paper plate, I think it might have been a birthday party or something, I remember a paper plate, anyways he squatted on the paper plate and pooped on it, and said that's number 2! Hid parents heard this and saw what he had done and were furious, he cried and they dragged him inside and took out a box of diapers and said if he was going act like a baby he was going to be treated like one, or something along those lines, he cried and they saw me standing at the door still and said he couldn't play anymore and closed the door on me. That memory left its mark on my little brain. It wasn't long after that I tried a diaper on at the babysitters one night, that was the beginning of my addiction to diapers and being little, or the beginning of the fracture in my identity, though much of that had to do with trauma at home.

Pika123 said:
Has anyone been diaper punished as a kid or is it just a ABDL thing? I've only really come across it in fantasy ABDL stories and was just wondering if it extended into the real world. And if it is a thing, and you had it as a kid, what did you do to get the punishment?

Almost all AB/DL that say this are full of crap. Most people punished in that way despise and hate diapers. It's a psychological thing and entirely different from Stockholm syndrome.

Reactions: nwm and BabyHailey1977
mayhem said:
Almost all AB/DL that say this are full of crap. Most people punished in that way despise and hate diapers. It's a psychological thing and entirely different from Stockholm syndrome.
I agree.

I was diaper punished when I was 8 due to accidents. My mom still had some diapers from when I was younger and made me wear them. It was only supposed to be for one night, but had an accident in the diaper and had to go the entire next week diapered.

Reactions: abycpl
Back