Is diaper dependency right for me?

kitten92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Hi I’ve been thinking about this a lot and I was wondering if I could get some advice. I can’t stop thinking about diaper training myself. I feel a little bit like a freak for wanting it but I know that if I don’t do it then I’ll be thinking about it forever. I know my anxiety is about 35% less likely to flare up when I’m wearing diapers. ( my therapist had me test it for a few months mark off which days I was wearing which days I was not wearing on the calendar and then mark off which days on the calendar I was feeling more anxious or depressed and I legitimately feeling about 35% better when wearing ) I feel safer and happier in diapers. But I also feel like a freak for wanting them, how do you get the emotional strength to diaper train yourself? Because I keep putting it off even though I know it’s the best thing for me...

I’d suggest you post your question in the “Diaper Talk” discussion area. This is the “Incontinence” discussion area. People who post here use diapers for medical reasons. There is no need to “get emotional strength to diaper train yourself” when you don’t have control over your bladder.

Listen,
take it from me...if you are not medically incontinent, don't force yourself to become incontinent so you can enjoy diapers. Trust me, as someone who suffers from sporadic incontinence, that is not a road you should travel. My incontinence has wreaked severe havoc on my life. Just stick to wearing and let that be that, and if it helps your anxiety do it. As a fellow anxiety sufferer, I condone you doing anything non-harming to help!

Reactions: theancientmariner and Seasonedcitizen
If you want to use diapers daily, do it! Don’t worry what other people think, it’s not up to them what sort of underwear you prefer, absorbent or not. If diapers make you feel better (and it seems that you’ve determined they do rather scientifically), then wear them daily!

What you SHOULDN’T do is try to become incontinent. It may sound like a great excuse to use, but in real life it’s just straight inconvenient. Wear your diapers and enjoy them, even 24/7 if you want, for as long as you want!

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Wetshisbed
Fireband said:
Listen,
take it from me...if you are not medically incontinent, don't force yourself to become incontinent so you can enjoy diapers. Trust me, as someone who suffers from sporadic incontinence, that is not a road you should travel. My incontinence has wreaked severe havoc on my life. Just stick to wearing and let that be that, and if it helps your anxiety do it. As a fellow anxiety sufferer, I condone you doing anything non-harming to help!

Thanks for the advice Can I chat with you further in pm

eastcoastdl said:
If you want to use diapers daily, do it! Don’t worry what other people think, it’s not up to them what sort of underwear you prefer, absorbent or not. If diapers make you feel better (and it seems that you’ve determined they do rather scientifically), then wear them daily!

What you SHOULDN’T do is try to become incontinent. It may sound like a great excuse to use, but in real life it’s just straight inconvenient. Wear your diapers and enjoy them, even 24/7 if you want, for as long as you want!

Thank you I’m scared of what people say

Bobsled said:
I’d suggest you post your question in the “Diaper Talk” discussion area. This is the “Incontinence” discussion area. People who post here use diapers for medical reasons. There is no need to “get emotional strength to diaper train yourself” when you don’t have control over your bladder.

Thank you sorry this is my first post i wanted to ask people who live it Not Abdls who are dreaming of babyhood not that there’s anything wrong with that I have a daddy myself after all

kitten92 said:
Thank you I’m scared of what people say
I’ve been in diapers due to incontinence for 3 years now, I wear Northshore Supremes day and night (although I do change it up sometimes), and they’re not particularly discreet. No one has ever noticed - not coworkers, not friends, and not even immediate family.

Trust me, no one’s looking to see what you’re wearing under your pants! Nobody is listening either. The crazy part is, even if someone DID see/hear any of this, they’d never guess it’s caused by a diaper. It’s just totally outside of everyone’s thoughts. Additionally, even if they did, it’s far more uncomfortable for them to mention it.

Even in the worst case scenario, you can always just say “it’s a medical condition” and that you don’t want to talk about it.

I second don't force it. I also second wearing them 24/7 if that's what you want. Over time you can just let yourself pee whenever the feeling hits you. And eventually that will likely turn into full blown incontinence. The best part though, is if at some point you change your mind and don't want to become truly incontinent then it's easy enough to start re-potty training before you've gone too far with it.

Slomo said:
I second don't force it. I also second wearing them 24/7 if that's what you want. Over time you can just let yourself pee whenever the feeling hits you. And eventually that will likely turn into full blown incontinence. The best part though, is if at some point you change your mind and don't want to become truly incontinent then it's easy enough to start re-potty training before you've gone too far with it.

If I did do it that would be the route I would take I wouldn’t want to destroy my body or self harm and besides if I did it in a way that wasn’t writing what if I change my mind and wanted to retrain myself over the years and we do anxious to do something without a way out

kitten92 said:
If I did do it that would be the route I would take I wouldn’t want to destroy my body or self harm and besides if I did it in a way that wasn’t writing what if I change my mind and wanted to retrain myself over the years and we do anxious to do something without a way out
It sounds like you just answered your own question then. Just be ready to be diapered in every single social, work, and family situation. Be ready and budget for the monetary impact that 24/7 diapers has too.

Slomo said:
It sounds like you just answered your own question then. Just be ready to be diapered in every single social, work, and family situation. Be ready and budget for the monetary impact that 24/7 diapers has too.

I live with my mother and I make a fair amount of money not enough to move out but enough I could afford the extra 200 a month on diaper expenses that’s what I calculated out to be roughly and I don’t even mind cloth in fact I have quite a few pears from ecoable my big fear is the social repercussions from my family Particularly my mother I have to live with her

kitten92 said:
Thank you sorry this is my first post i wanted to ask people who live it Not Abdls who are dreaming of babyhood not that there’s anything wrong with that I have a daddy myself after all
I don't believe every DL is also an AB. But you would probably get better advice from any DL who wears by choice, because that is what you want to do. An IC doesn't have that choice. So they don't need emotional strength for diaper training. They may have needed an abundance of emotional strength to accept their medical condition and its ramifications, and perhaps to tell their family. But your situation is not the same. I am certain you would find it easier to tell your mother that you wear diapers because of a medical condition. It's not an easy topic to discuss with family, even if that is the case. But I don't expect most IC's have the perspective you are seeking.

Well, at least I am living the incontinent and diaper dependent life. As a life long dl, and for some time ab too, I personally do not regret it at all. I may have been forced into diapers 24/7, but I still get plenty of emotional relief from them to this day. *For me*, being diaper dependent is almost a form of biid. This is how I have always wanted to be, and am finally comfortable now that I am.

That's just me though. I've heard from plenty who thought diaper dependency was what they wanted. Yet once they achieved it found the grass wasn't so green on this side after all. Worse still, once becoming incontinent they found it extremely difficult or near impossible to go through potty training again to regain their continence. This is definitely one of those "think long and hard", and "take it slow" situations. But in the end if this is really what you want then go for for.

Reactions: eastcoastdl and Deleted member 44078
Slomo said:
Well, at least I am living the incontinent and diaper dependent life. As a life long dl, and for some time ab too, I personally do not regret it at all. I may have been forced into diapers 24/7, but I still get plenty of emotional relief from them to this day. *For me*, being diaper dependent is almost a form of biid. This is how I have always wanted to be, and am finally comfortable now that I am.

That's just me though. I've heard from plenty who thought diaper dependency was what they wanted. Yet once they achieved it found the grass wasn't so green on this side after all. Worse still, once becoming incontinent they found it extremely difficult or near impossible to go through potty training again to regain their continence. This is definitely one of those "think long and hard", and "take it slow" situations. But in the end if this is really what you want then go for for.

I’ve been thinking about it for a few years now my last daddy started training me and we went through six months together of it I was really close then I broke up with him because he was wanting more of a sexual lifestyle from me then I really wanted to give plus he was really willing to buy me the diapers because he wanted to be able to brag about it I never felt uncomfortable throughout the entire six months of being full-time in fact I kinda was happy After I broke up with Him I lost my Diaper sugar daddy so to speak and now I’m only just starting to be stable enough to be able to afford it realistically

If you want to wear diapers 24/7 for emotional support and comfort will not cause you any incontinence issues down the line since you are using the bathroom most of the time however if you start to use your diapers more often then not you will train your self to become diaper dependant. There will be a point in time that you will have weekened your muscles to the point of the possibility of no return to the level of continence you currently have.

I have been back in diapers for over 4 years due to a OAB issue, I went from a camels bladder to no real retention Quicker then I thought I would once I started to rely on my diaper to do its job, I had no choice to wear and use so I have no regrets for deciding to stop stressing about making it to the bathroom intime as most times I didn’t make it,

if you can keep your continence I would recommended doing so but its up to you how you proceed

I would suggest don't think of it as training. Just fit it into that day's schedule and obligation. I , at an advanced age, retired, find it great to use when It calms me down, or during times of stress; sometimes 24/7 or just while awake. Most of mh acquaintances don' have the slightest idea about wha is under my pants. It takes time to find out how to coordinate which to use , depending on the activities of the day. I don't like to mess, so if my bowels are not clear, wear a pull up. If they are, I enjoy a thick diaper and doubler, until it gets real wet.

Reactions: kitten92
This is just my two cents, but forcing diaper training and diaper training in general, was something that only sounded like more harm than good, especially considering that point of no return. Ultimately, I’m not you, though, and ultimately it is your own decision. If you choose to go that route, that’s fine. I do think that you should really sit down and get a good understanding of the pros and cons of any choice you make.

Reactions: kitten92
Just begin taking steps to wearing full time. Don’t focus on the “untraining” the less you focus on it the more it will happen naturally. Just learn to become comfortable in a diaper in all situations.

Back