Is anyone else shy about diapering-up in front of their spouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Padded53

In another post this was brought up and I could totally identify with it. Even after having to wear diapers 24/7 for over a year I am still self-conscious about the diapering-up process. My Wife is super supportive/understanding with me having to wear diapers to handle my BPH/OAB problems. But, I'm always really embarrassed about it when she walks in on me while I'm actually putting on my diaper even though she doesn't mind at all. Strangely I've got no problems wearing just a diaper when she's around, it's only the putting one on that's embarrassing.

Does anyone else have the same feelings about diapering up?

Last edited by a moderator:

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
It's really weird. When I am diapered and with my partner, I have almost no inhibitions and will freely regress. However, I still feel really awkward actually getting changed in front of her. Lately I've been changing most of the way and then asking her to finish it off as a way to kind of break down that feeling. It is helping. I'd take all the blame myself, but really it's taken her a while to fully accept this. I realise you're in a different situation to me, but I think the feeling is the same...there's an element of shame associated with the whole thing that needs to be smashed. Good luck with it.

P

Padded53

Hmmmm, not really sure if it's a "shame" thing. If it was I would think that I'd be shy about wearing only a diaper around her too, but that's not the case. In fact I've even had some nice discussions with her about my diapers. She's not "into" them but is interested to understand since they are necessary/important to me.

dd1983

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
PadsnPullups, Yeah, I have to agree with you on this one. My wife is super supportive and absolutely amazing... however, I still don't like to put on a diaper in front of her. She probably wouldn't care, but its just one of those things I guess. I prefer to go in the bathroom and diaper up privately. I have no problems being around her in a diaper either, but I much prefer to put it on alone.

NotTheAverageMan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I'm definately shy about revealing or showing off myself in diapers. The other day it was washing day, and I had a pair of shorts on on top of my diaper and nothing else. Anyway my wife asked whether my shorts should be included in the washing, and I say sure...then strip she said, to which I refused and stepped aside, walked into our bedroom and changed into another pair of shorts..
Her reaction was, why the big deal you could just have taken them off.
However I know she's not that keen on the thought of me wearing diapers to handle my OAB / Urge, nor does she find diapers attractive.
Maybe she has changed her mind, the coming years might tell.

But yes, I'm shy about it!!!!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Ditto here. I keep all my diapers and things in a spare bedroom, and it's there that I change. My wife sees me all the time diapered as I go to bed in just a diaper and a night shirt. In the winter I usually were footed jammies that she bought me so it's not a big deal, but I just feel strange changing into diapers in front of her.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Not sure I feel strange about it, but if I am getting diapered, she's not usually there watching, per se, but she's usually only feet away. So, even though there's nothing hidden, it still feels sort of solo. I've been "mostly" 24/7 for about two years, so I do wear most nights, when we're together, sometimes just for the padded comfort (a good pullup inside 1-2 training pants), and other times to be able to have a full-on wet night (training pant, soaker, disposable & plastic pants). Either way, she's nearly always in on the "secret", and there's even times I can safely step into our pitch-black backyard, to take the dog out for a final pee, or just to gaze at the wonderment of the night Skies.

xtrabulk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My wife makes my diapers, and I still feel shy diapering up in front of her. I think, being mostly DL, for me it's like I feel as if she feels I'm redirecting my sexuality to the diapers, and that's not the case, so it's awkward. We both are fine with it though. I love when she talks about my diapers, but sometimes react with unexpressed...anger? Hurt feelings? Embarassment masquerading as upset? Anyway, for me it's comfort first and sexual second. I don't understand sex, so maybe that's it.

Wetshisbed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
No problem. My wife has seen me putting my nappy on more often than not. It doesn't bother her nor me.

Rob110

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
No problem wearing or putting on in front of my wife she has been very supportive about my OAB issue

sherryt

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
embarresment

don't be embarresed. Wear the new dpend sure fit panties or always bladder control paantie foro women. Thinner than a taped diaper, fits tight, no leakegr, and looks like underware. Silouttes have nude and black panties with a good liner for wetting.

P

Padded53

Actually I do wear the Always Discreet pull-ups during the day fairly often. They are really great and fit me much better than the Men's Depends since I've got a fairly large round rear. In fact I'm not embarrassed at all to put them on in front of my Wife, I guess that's because they are basically just padded underwear. I think the problem with putting on the tape-up diapers in front of her is the general awkwardness associated with the process. That's a little weird I know, but that's how I feel, and apparently quite a few others feel the same. Maybe after a few more years of diapering up it will be just like brushing my teeth in front of her.

ornitorrinco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm shy about it, but I don't know that I need to be (in my situation). My wife is very supportive. We have 2 closets, and I keep my stash in the walk-in one. I will usually change in there or in the master bathroom. But when we are intimate the diaper doesn't seem to impede her, nor does she seem bothered by it (as long as I'm dry). She recognizes that wetting is part of the comfort for me and doesn't seem to mind that at all, but a wet diaper is a turn off for her sexually, so we adjust.

Last edited:

Weeinmypants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I think the shyness can be attributed to the association of diapers with excretion. It is more of a culturally learned behavior.

rio20090

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I change in the bathroom with the door shut. I'm not a shy person. I've been reconciled to bedwetting and the need for a diaper since I was in high school. My wife knew I wet the bed and wore a diaper to bed before we were even engaged.

But I don't feel the need to make a spectacle of it or force her to deal with it any more than necessary.

alexandradomaseva

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I change in the bathroom with the door shut. I'm not a shy person. I've been reconciled to bedwetting and the need for a diaper since I was in high school. My wife knew I wet the bed and wore a diaper to bed before we were even engaged.

But I don't feel the need to make a spectacle of it or force her to deal with it any more than necessary.

I think it is the best answer. I have an understanding partner who knows about my bedwetting problem, and when we go to bed together she is quite OK to sleep next to me with me being diapered and share waterproof cover over the mattress, but I do not want to take her deep into this. Other people are not supposed to like my wet diaper.

Last edited:

MattyMax

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Not shy anymore putting on my night diaper. He knows its needed and appreciates that we both sleep better through the night because of it. But, i do get shy when putting on a day time diaper in front of him. Because i am only night incontinent. I get 'the look' sometimes then.

Status
Not open for further replies.