Is anybody in this forum an actual biologic girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like trans and intersex girls tend to be unwanted competition for momies, daddies & co.

More like just unwanted if you ask me.
At least that's my experience.

CrinklySiren said:
Trans women ARE women, end of story.

The only proper term for differentiating is cis and trans, but at the end of the day it's no one's business but that person's.

Biological, genetic, natural are all incorrect terms in regards to identifying a woman. Here's why:

Hormones allow for biological body changes, therefor trans women are biological women, just because one aspect of the biology differs doesn't automatically undo the fact that the biology is there. And please don't use the chromosome argument, it only makes you sound transphobic.

Genetic is also incorrect because the changes that occur as a result of hormone transition are based on the genetic traits of your closest relative, hence why trans women often times end up looking like their sister or mother.

And natural is just not right because it denotes the idea that trans women are "unnatural" and that's just not cool. And either way, gender fluidity and gender incongruence occur in nature. Google gender fluid lionness, it was recently discovered. She's a lioness who looks, behaves and lives as a male lion, despite being born a female lion.

And I disagree about trans people being unwanted competition, I know lots of daddies and mommies who either are WITH trans women or are indifferent to being with trans or cis women. Women are women, cis and trans makes no difference, and most of the time you probably wouldn't even know someone is trans unless they told you.

Just came back to this site after like 3 years of not using it and I'm hoping that as the world around us has evolved that people on here have too, because when I left this site, there were a lot of homophobic and transphobic users on here who would badmouth trans folks and anyone else on the LGBT spectrum.

And for the record, being intersex is way different than being trans.

As a trans women myself .. I actually don't find anything wrong with people wanting a biological girl, and I also don't see anything wrong if they are uninterested in trans women. I also don't see how that is transphobic in anyway shape or form. All that means is they are not interested. Also ... you should respect that they are not interested.

Let's just throw out an example here. A guy may not be interested in blond hair. A characteristic that pretty much doesn't change anything about a women really. There are all sorts of likes and dislikes. I think it's perfectly acceptable to not be interested in trans women or men, just as it's perfectly acceptable for a guy not to be interested in a women with blond hair.

Also, I understand trans women are not unnatural, but the process of actually transitioning is. Also, it is still abnormal regardless. You can't expect everyone to simply just accept trans women as women without question just as they would accept a biological women.

But then again ... I am a very understanding kind of person about other peoples thought processes and such. I try to step in their shoes and understand from their perspective on the matter.

As long as they treat me with respect .. .I will also respect their views.

CrinklySiren said:
It's one thing to have a preference for a physical characteristic. A person's birth assigned gender is not a physical characteristic.

And yes, you can, because that's how you change the world. I've seen how my friends get treated and I've seen how a lot of them just "deal with it", when they shouldn't. But if that's how you wanna live then you are entitled to it, however most of the trans women I work with won't quit or give up until they are seen as women, which is what they are.

I don't care what other trans women think, they are being selfish, immature, and they are expecting way to much of people if they expect everyone to simply accept them as if they are somehow actually a biological women.

Yes, it freaking sucks to be transgender, and I hate knowing that I wasn't born a biological women. But I am going to accept that, because that is the reality of the situation. I can go through transition, and likely will some day ... but I am not going to lie to people, and act as if I am actually a biological women, and act like they are the same. They are not the same. That is just a lie to make yourself feel better about the situation you are in. Then of course, with that lie comes along blaming everyone else who doesn't accept it, and claiming they are some how transphobic.

I think people need to learn to be more comfortable and honest with the way they where born, because it doesn't change who you are as person, and it doesn't change who you want to be as a person. You then also have to come to terms with the fact that not everyone is going to be interested and that doesn't mean they are transphobic. Move on.

CrinklySiren said:
There's nothing unnatural about the transition process.... hormones are hormones, they're in all of us... and Reassignment surgery just uses tissue that is already there and use it to reconstruct... there's nothing unnatural about it... in fact, you would be surprised to know that when we are in the womb, we all start with vaginas and then for AMAB children, the clitoris becomes a penis... so what's unnatural about simply "putting it back".

Social conditioning has a bigger effect than we realize. Realizing it is the hard part.

Everything is unnatural about it because it doesn't occur in nature. It requires human intervention. Being transgender itself is natural, but the process of transitioning is not. It doesn't matter if certain aspects of it contains natural processes.

The only way you can argue this is if you don't know the definition of the word natural. If it is not something that can just happen within nature, which a transition can't ... then it's unnatural.

That would be like saying a house is natural because it's made out of natural materials.

I'd like to weigh in on the whole transgender discussion.
One might think that as a cis-man I'm deeply unqualified to do so, but you'd be wrong.

You see, I interact with effectively genderless people all the time. I discuss things online, and their gender or genitalia simply don't factor into the conversation. I'd say a good 99% of my conversations are entirely gender neutral.
If I do discuss gendered subjects I don't ever stop to check their genitalia. It's fine if people want to identify as "trans-woman" or "trans-man", I won't care at all, but internally, in my head, I simply drop the "trans" label unless it's somehow relevant to the discussion.

What I mean is: Unless I'll be handling your genitalia, I don't care what they are. The odds of me interacting even superficially with the genitalia of anyone on this website is roughly zero, seeing as my long term monogamous partner is not a member.

That said, there are times when genitalia are relevant, even here on the internet.
For example, some diapers fit differently if you do not have a penis, and the pelvic area of males and females is quite simply shaped differently, further affecting diaper fit.
That's why I look to "biologically female" opinions on diapers when I decide what to buy for my "biologically female" partner.

It's not anything-phobic to want the goods I buy to fit the intended user of said goods.

Chronoshift said:
I'd like to weigh in on the whole transgender discussion.
One might think that as a cis-man I'm deeply unqualified to do so, but you'd be wrong.

You see, I interact with effectively genderless people all the time. I discuss things online, and their gender or genitalia simply don't factor into the conversation. I'd say a good 99% of my conversations are entirely gender neutral.
If I do discuss gendered subjects I don't ever stop to check their genitalia. It's fine if people want to identify as "trans-woman" or "trans-man", I won't care at all, but internally, in my head, I simply drop the "trans" label unless it's somehow relevant to the discussion.

What I mean is: Unless I'll be handling your genitalia, I don't care what they are. The odds of me interacting even superficially with the genitalia of anyone on this website is roughly zero, seeing as my long term monogamous partner is not a member.

That said, there are times when genitalia are relevant, even here on the internet.
For example, some diapers fit differently if you do not have a penis, and the pelvic area of males and females is quite simply shaped differently, further affecting diaper fit.
That's why I look to "biologically female" opinions on diapers when I decide what to buy for my "biologically female" partner.

It's not anything-phobic to want the goods I buy to fit the intended user of said goods.

Ya, I think it really depends on the circumstances. I also don't typically question whether or not someone is biological. However, just to throw an example out there ... if you are trying to find a connection with someone who grew up as a female, you are likely going to go with someone who was born a female since they would have actual experienced in that.

Being a trans-women doesn't automatically make a person proficient in being a women so to speak. So it's another factor to really think about.

Also ... I think if you're dating, it's important to be honest. If a person doesn't want to date you because you are trans, you just need to accept that. You can't force them to be interested in you.

brabbit1987 said:
Ya, I think it really depends on the circumstances. I also don't typically question whether or not someone is biological. However, just to throw an example out there ... if you are trying to find a connection with someone who grew up as a female, you are likely going to go with someone who was born a female since they would have actual experienced in that.

Being a trans-women doesn't automatically make a person proficient in being a women so to speak. So it's another factor to really think about.

Also ... I think if you're dating, it's important to be honest. If a person doesn't want to date you because you are trans, you just need to accept that. You can't force them to be interested in you.

That depends on when they transitioned, obviously.

As for the honesty thing, I'm hard pressed to think of a time when honesty is a bad idea.
I'm not gender specific in my sexuality, so I don't think I'd care all that much, but it'd certainly be a very odd thing to "discover" that someone is pre-op trans at third base.
For someone heterosexual I'm guessing that would be a major deal breaker, as sexuality is very much connected to the physical. If someone's preference is a penis, and you don't have one, that might be too much to handle for someone that thought you did.

As a programmer, I practice "If it's going to fail, better that it fail early and with a clear message as to why", and I'm guessing that applies pretty well to relationships as well.

Oh God, this turned into tumblr didn't it?

Zenka said:
Oh God, this turned into tumblr didn't it?

Tumblr? Why?

Because everyone is triggered and SJWs come out of the woodwork to talk Gender Politics?

Let's just not do this. Let's back off the politics.
Please?

Chronoshift said:
Because everyone is triggered and SJWs come out of the woodwork to talk Gender Politics?

Let's just not do this. Let's back off the politics.
Please?

You do realize saying this, you are continuing the conversation. The best thing to do is not take part, just step away.

Note said:
I must be daft or something because I don't see any transphobia from the OP.

I don't find you daft. I certainly agree I don't see any trans-phobia within what he said. I will add what he said is not "PC" (Politically Correct.) In terms of what that community likes to see. Without being part of that community how would you know? I had to ask what is PC myself, as I am not part of it.

SuperiorPenguin said:
I don't find you daft. I certainly agree I don't see any trans-phobia within what he said. I will add what he said is not "PC" (Politically Correct.) In terms of what that community likes to see. Without being part of that community how would you know? I had to ask what is PC myself, as I am not part of it.

Actually ... everything looks fine to me. Nothing politically incorrect from my perspective as a trans women. Coruse I don't speak for all trans, so someone would need to explain why it's politically incorrect, if I am wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back