siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Hi Guys

Is being age neutral a thing, or is it all in mind mixed up brain?

Physically I am a 51-year-old man. But that is where it stops.

On the inside I really don’t know but I am not 51. At the moment I feel like a teenager doing school work.

This morning I felt like a toddler with Peter Rabbit and my pacifier.

Could I, Can I forget my physical age and be age neutral?

There will be some surety issues as always. And I will be keeping my date of birth. And I not talking about not being a legal adult. All this would have to stay the same.

The only thing that would change would be my physical age I would no longer be 51 I would be age neutral.

What do you guys think.

Hugs

Reactions: Blekyss and BobbiSueEllen
A lot of people (myself included) believe that age is nothing but a number. There are so many times that I can't even remember my physical age. The only time I really think about what age I feel like is when people ask on here.

Age neutral is an interesting way to put it. I think of it as age fluid because there isn't a specific age I feel and I know that I am positively not my physical age.

Reactions: lilstevie56, BobbiSueEllen and siysiy
"You're only as old as you feel"

"Act your age"

Our society, as youth-obsessed as it is, is all over the place on this. Unless we're brain damaged, we can't stop development and accumulation of experience, which is the most critical part of age for most of our lives. We are physically impaired by age when we're young and again when we're old in different ways. In between, there's this big space where we have some flexibility. To me, an idea like "age neutral" is making too much of it but I understand how one might have more invested in the notion. I think maturity paradoxically can help us be more accepting of good parts of our younger selves. It's not age neutral but bringing our experience to bear and being our best selves for a given situation. For us, that might be a babbling, drooling goof on occasion.

Trevor said:
"You're only as old as you feel"

"Act your age"

Our society, as youth-obsessed as it is, is all over the place on this. Unless we're brain damaged, we can't stop development and accumulation of experience, which is the most critical part of age for most of our lives. We are physically impaired by age when we're young and again when we're old in different ways. In between, there's this big space where we have some flexibility. To me, an idea like "age neutral" is making too much of it but I understand how one might have more invested in the notion. I think maturity paradoxically can help us be more accepting of good parts of our younger selves. It's not age neutral but bringing our experience to bear and being our best selves for a given situation. For us, that might be a babbling, drooling goof on occasion.

"Act your age not your shoe sizes" hee, hee.

yea like I said this is not me try not to be an adult and lousing all that I have gone through to get to this point, it more recognising that I not really grown up.

It was on my to do list, honest. Just never got around to it.

But what is age any way is it just a number of year that someone has survived planet earth. Or is there more to it?

I was asked if I was a member of staff at university today, had to tell them I was a student. It was like being ID in reverse.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I always wonder what would happen if age counts stopped when we reached 21? Then people would have to take each other as they are and not put them into age boxes. If there was no record allowed then I think it could be quite liberating.

Reactions: siysiy and BobbiSueEllen
I think lot of people feel that way. That is why people stop celebrating their birthdays or they forget how old they are so they have to look at what year they were born and what today's date is to know their age. I am already feeling this way. I have to look at the year and date and the year I was born to remember I am 34 years old. I also hear how many people feel younger on the inside and still feel like a kid. Lot of adults still have young interests and I am sure many adults still like trick or treating and they will use their infants for it. Even parents have admitted they will eat their kids' candy. I know mine never did because we would eat ours up fast anyway and it will be gone within a week. My kids eat theirs up in 3 days.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Daddiesauce said:
I always wonder what would happen if age counts stopped when we reached 21? Then people would have to take each other as they are and not put them into age boxes. If there was no record allowed then I think it could be quite liberating.
If there was no age counting above 21 then there would be no retirement, which wouldn’t be too popular...

I think most people are “age fluid” to an extent, even if AB/Little is a more extreme form of it. Most people say they don’t feel as old as they actually are, and most people enjoy certain “childish” activities, TV shows/movies, foods etc. once in a while - their own children, grandchildren, nephews/nieces etc. give them an excuse to indulge!

More recently I've been feeling my true age and I don't like it. But in my dreams, I'm often high school aged: 16 or 17. I had one of those dreams last night and it involved two other guys the same age. I won't go further.....haha. To be fair, I had been watching a scary movie before I went to bed and it involved two boys about that age.

well I hear 60 is the new 40. so age has changed over time. I think most people are living longer these days

Last edited:
I think age is a complicated subject for most people who consider themselves Littles or ABs.

On one hand age is just a level of biological maturity. Or just the number of years one has survived.

On another hand I think age is a social construct (the notion of toddlerhood, or childhood, or adolescence, or adulthood, or elderhood) that differs throughout different cultures. Much like gender this "social construct" comes with certain social roles, status differentials, and expectations of what behaviors and choices are proper and virtuous.

aside: please forgive my invention of some words that probably don't exist.

I think age is very much like time.

We all know that sometimes an hour feels like many hours and other times it feels like a few minutes have gone by.

I think age is like that. Sometimes you feel 'younger' than your physical age and sometimes 'older' but does it really matter? There are only a few things in life that are age absolute (driver's license, buying beer, etc.), for most things, who cares if your 20, 50, or 5.

Reactions: siysiy
I heard that 71 is the new 2 is that just me?

I heard that if you haven’t grown up by the time you are 50 you don’t have to.

I've always believed chronological age is nothing more than a number. I had a bank account a 10, was mentally ready to drive at 13, able to die for my country at 18 and likewise responsible enough to drink alcohol too. Conversely, at 43 I pee my diapers, wear a onesie, and drink from a bottle. None of that lines up with societies concept of age.

I discovered my little as age fluid. When I first discovered what being little is , I really didn't know. It was my discovery period. I knew I liked this and this and oh this too and putting all the pieces on the table and with input from people in my life I figured out I am very fluid age wise. I can go from baby boy to a mischievous 11 year old and any age in between. I`m 63 but interestingly the people I call close and including my Mommy see me as little .

lilstevie56 said:
I discovered my little as age fluid. When I first discovered what being little is , I really didn't know. It was my discovery period. I knew I liked this and this and oh this too and putting all the pieces on the table and with input from people in my life I figured out I am very fluid age wise. I can go from baby boy to a mischievous 11 year old and any age in between. I`m 63 but interestingly the people I call close and including my Mommy see me as little .
It nice to know I not the only one.

Hee,hee

Reactions: lilstevie56
Age is just a number is a lot of senses but as far as laws are concerned I don't think it matters if your ages is legally 50 or whatever. We don't need a law to tell us to wear or not wear diapers. Be what you want to be don't look to laws and others. Well to a certain extent as long as you don't hurt yourself or others.

As long as our ID says 18+ we can legally drink smoke drive go too kink events. But don't go to extreme you can't be carrying your rabbit round uni.

Daddiesauce said:
I always wonder what would happen if age counts stopped when we reached 21?

An overpopulation nightmare would eeventually happen. 😉

I had forgotten about this thread I had started.

I think it would be personal choice to become a neutral.

I am also wondering if the age of retirement will be abolished be for long anyway as we are all living longer and could be working for much longer in general.

Anyway just my thoughs

Back