Not open for further replies.

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Not quite incontinence, but I thought this would be the best place for it.
I've suffered IBS since I hit puberty and recently had my worst (still ongoing) bout of it. I would never have considered forcing it myself, but I feel I've just had a glimpse of incontinence and its something I'd rather I didnt experience again.

I tend to watch what I eat, plan any trips from home to have regular toilet stops & if in doubt get padded for safety.

So, my question is this; Does anyone else here suffer IBS and if so how do you deal with it?

D

DominatingMommy

I have IBS. I've changed my diet a lot, almost eliminating meat from it. I thought that a vegetarian diet might make it worse, but it seems to have helped tremendously. I say "almost" because I crave a hamburger occasionally and just have to suffer, and I do still eat chicken and fish, but rarely.

And yes, I know where every clean restroom from my house to...well...anywhere else I might go is.

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
in my case alot of sald makes it worse, less red meat and more white helps and cutting back on things with artificial sweetners like soda is helping, but not enough so far

Z

Zeit

I've had to deal with IBD for the past 5 years and it's not the most fun either. IBS runs in my family but I'm the first one to get this. I'm currently eating what I like and for the most part I'm pretty much in complete remission but when this condition was full swing, I was in the bathroom 6-7 times a day at least.

I'm sorta hoping that it never comes down to the point where I need protection but if it comes back again any degree worse than it was before, I won't have a choice until it settles back down.

I'm keeping faith that there'll be much better treatments soon than what's available right now, which is pretty much pain meds and Advil.

The moral of the story is; fecal incontinence isn't super fun! :D

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
It's actually a fairly common condition and I to deal with it. More than anything its the stomach pain that bothers me, it seems constant along with the frequent trips to the bathroom.

Watching what you eat seems to be the only thing to help it, I'm with Zeit hope they figure something out for it in the near future.

Z

Zeit

Oh I forgot to mention as well, I recently went "majority vegetarian" about a month ago (I'm only eating meat on special occasions and have given up red meat altogether) and I did notice a significant difference. No pains, more energy, more regular. It's pretty nice.

D

DominatingMommy

Oh I forgot to mention as well, I recently went "majority vegetarian" about a month ago (I'm only eating meat on special occasions and have given up red meat altogether) and I did notice a significant difference. No pains, more energy, more regular. It's pretty nice.

Yeah, I was completely shocked too at what a difference it made. :D

Y

Yumi

IBS isn't very direct. Sometimes they use it to say that they're not quite sure what is wrong with you, but something isn't right in that area. I think I technically had it when I was 3 or 4, but, then they discovered the real problem. (I don't even remember what the real problem was.. x___x )

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have it. Currently its in sort of a dormant state though(occurrences about once ever 2 months). I used to have it about once or twice a week. I found that pork products do me in the worst( and a sure fire way of setting it off)........same thing with peanuts and coffee. My meds to stop the cramps would be bentyl, and zofran for the occasional nausea.

I have had it for about 10 years..........its does GET BETTER......as I have noticed lulls in the symptoms. Due to the sheer randomness of the trigger foods, I have just learned to keep my meds handy. You could try diapers, as according to my gastroenterologist, it is a legitimate need if your overall control has weakened.

B

Butterfly Mage

My doctor put me on a high fiber diet two years ago to solve a different problem. the down side is that I get this situation that I unflatteringly refer to as "turd storm" where I really have to race for the bathroom. I'll really go far out of my way to not do #2 in a diaper because it's so difficult to get clean afterwards.

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
<snip>
... You could try diapers, as according to my gastroenterologist, it is a legitimate need if your overall control has weakened.

I'll be honest and say when its been bad I have worn to bed, its better than waking up to fudge in the bed

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have IBS. I usually go to the bathroom 3-4+ times a day, it sucks. It used to be super hard to deal with working a retail job, but since I've gotten a job in an office it's gotten a lot better since I can get up and use the toilet any time I need to... since my ibs is mostly activated by stress this has helped a lot. My doctor gave me some medication, no idea what it's called (I actually tossed it after a year of not even looking at it) so I guess I don't really deal with it, haha. I just endure.

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I've had IBS-D all my life. It's probably one of the main reasons I wanted to go back to wearing diapers when I was five. Normally, I have 3 to 4 bowel movements a day. If it's an IBS day, it'll be more like 6 or 7. I have had accidents (with and without diapers) in every concievable place and situation. A little while back, I had a colonoscopy which confirmed it and I was given some medication. IMO, The cramping is worse than the messy accidents. I try to eat lot's of fiber, fruits and vegies. NO FRIED OR FATTY foods. Sometimes though, it just happens and I curse my spazmodic bowels.
Spaz

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've had IBS-D all my life. It's probably one of the main reasons I wanted to go back to wearing diapers when I was five. Normally, I have 3 to 4 bowel movements a day. If it's an IBS day, it'll be more like 6 or 7. I have had accidents (with and without diapers) in every concievable place and situation. A little while back, I had a colonoscopy which confirmed it and I was given some medication. IMO, The cramping is worse than the messy accidents. I try to eat lot's of fiber, fruits and vegies. NO FRIED OR FATTY foods. Sometimes though, it just happens and I curse my spazmodic bowels.
Spaz

yeah, i know what you mean with the cramping :\

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
yeah, i know what you mean with the cramping :\

Yeah, I get a bad pain in the gut area. In addition, I get the chills. One time, it was so bad I had to get in the shower and turn it up as hot as possible. Someone told me that it was another nervous system symptom of IBS. Has anyone else had severe chills after an IBS event (basically right after confined to a toilet or cleaning up yourself for what seems like forever).
Spaz

Z

Zeit

Yeah, I get a bad pain in the gut area. In addition, I get the chills. One time, it was so bad I had to get in the shower and turn it up as hot as possible. Someone told me that it was another nervous system symptom of IBS. Has anyone else had severe chills after an IBS event (basically right after confined to a toilet or cleaning up yourself for what seems like forever).
Spaz

I'm not sure what you mean by chills but I know for a long time I was dangerously anemic from having an IBD flare-up. There were days where I was cold and tired, couldn't get to school, let alone go anywhere else other than the livingroom and the bathroom.

What great times those were /sarcasm

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I'm not sure what you mean by chills

Sorry, let me clarify. The chills means I get really cold even in somewhat normal temperatures. At times, I get so cold I start shaking.
Spaz

PumaPunku

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know what you mean by chills. After a particularly grueling battle on the toilet, I often feel worn out, tired and occasionally chills.

For me, stress is the major cause. There are probably diet considerations, but nothing I can pinpoint because one day it is ok, then the next not and perhaps I've even eaten relatively the same foods. Hard to pinpoint.

I have gotten good at detecting what is solid and what is liquid before it ejects. Sounds gross, but I'm glad I can tell the difference. Knowing the difference has prevented a lot of accidents. Wearing diapers when those occasions hit is a relief (no pun intended).

Not as much panic to find the bathroom when wearing diapers. Piece of mind when wearing is worth the worry of wearing diapers nearly 24/7 during the worst bouts of IBS.

Oddly enough, IBS has made my bladder tend to be 'looser'. Not sure why. When my guts are twisting in knots, things relax and contract around that area more.

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Oddly enough, IBS has made my bladder tend to be 'looser'. Not sure why. When my guts are twisting in knots, things relax and contract around that area more.

hmm, I've been experiencing similar here, I'm taking buscopan at the moment and if I take them twice a day as directed for more than three days I have troube holding it in up front, usually needing to find the bathroom within 5 minutes, its beginning to affect my ability to work propperly so I've been hospital referred again :confused:

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I experience the same thing with my IBS and overactive bladder. During an IBS episode, I am more likely to wet quickly and without warning.
Spaz

Status
Not open for further replies.