irrational fears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Bloods, Public Speaking, Heights, Big Dogs, bee, wasps, dead things, and graveyards at nightime.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Where to begin...in no particular order...
  • heights
  • water (but not boats, figure that one out, will ya!)
  • bridges
  • wasps (although not so irrational since I found out I'm allergic)
  • bugs of any kind...I hate them...that includes spiders 'n other creepy-crawly things
  • snakes, lizards, frogs, toads, pretty much anything reptile or amphibian
  • horses (although I think they're beautiful)
  • dogs (particularly large dogs, but anything bigger than a cocker spaniel really)
  • sharp knives
  • needles (the shots/blood test kinds)

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
The simple possibility to feel pain. I don't run, don't jump the stairs, don't practice any sport.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Sharp things, and snakes/things that slither across the ground. (common)

But I get very tense and scared and ready to fight when someone does a ninja pose sort of thing at me and goes "psshh!" sometimes I yell things from Dragon Ball Z like "kamai hamai ha!" (dont get mad at me for spelling it wrong) and try to kill them like Goku would.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i've been sitting here trying to think of an irrational fear or phobia, but i really can't think of any. i think that's something to be proud of. i used to get pretty freaked out around spiders, but i've pretty much forced myself to get over it. i found one of those great big grey ones crawling around in my bed last night, and i just caught in a water glass and threw it out the window.

probably the most irrational thing about me isn't really a phobia. i absolutely HATE the smell of ham and pork. if people are cooking any kind of pig meat, i can't be in the house. i have actually vomited when i tried to be in the same house as a boiling ham hock soup. it makes things hard on anyone i live with who wants to fry up some bacon in the morning. that's pretty much the furthest extent of avery irrationality.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I cannot list an irrational fear of mine at this time.
For insects and animals, I know the possible danger and respect them.
Confined spaces and heights scared me as a child. I now enjoy those.
Pain is something I have had most of my life. This is only a problem in extreme cases.
The dark is my favorite time of the day. So much peace and quiet.

Dude84

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
Firstly, fairly normal fears:

• Clostraphobia

Not in all situations, but I have to feel that I can move and am not confined in any way - although it somewhat contradicts itself in my case; I can stand travelling on the tube, I lived in London for two years. However, if i'm trapped in a stuck lift for more than around five minutes i'll start panicing.

• Height

Over certain heights, and in certain situations. I can't stand climbing up ladders, and using suspended walkways/bridges over water, or particuarly high up (I dunno, over about 3 floors I guess) scares me. I was once on the first-level of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, looked over the edge in the centre, and clung on-to the barrier as if my life depended on it. I had to be coaxed off it by someone else. How embarassing!

• Spiders/Crawling insects generally

Doesn't require much explanation.

Then the somewhat, weird:

Footballs

I am struck down with fear when a football (or similar object, rugby ball, tennis ball, etc, but mainly footballs) is within my range of vision. If it gets into a position from where I believe it can touch me in any way, I become physically scared.

This is a sub-conscious psychological reaction; probably caused by being hit particuarly badly once while walking along a stupidly routed footpath at school, and falling to the ground, then waking up later with the worst migraine i've ever had in my life.

Put a football in the vicinity of me, and you'll never see me run so fast.

MarkFox

Role
Diaper Lover
pretty much spiders, wasps, and any bug that doesn't die when I smash it with my shoe.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
probably the most irrational thing about me isn't really a phobia. i absolutely HATE the smell of ham and pork. if people are cooking any kind of pig meat, i can't be in the house. i have actually vomited when i tried to be in the same house as a boiling ham hock soup. it makes things hard on anyone i live with who wants to fry up some bacon in the morning. that's pretty much the furthest extent of avery irrationality.
I have that, with a few certain foods too. I have always felt like vomiting, but never actually vomited though. Beans, Tomato ketchup and any other strong smelling food I don't like to eat. Its annoying too, because when some one has 'offending' food. I usually go out and eat in another room. Or if i have to stay on the same table I try to gain maximum distance to try and keep myself conftable.

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Don't have any particularly interesting phobias myself – I used to be a bit unsure of heights as a bairn and I wouldn't be overly keen to shake hands with a spider but nothing unusual – but a friend of mine is absolutely terrified of buttons. I think the way he puts it is that they disgust and repulse him as much as scare him and it's all something to do with the holes apparently. He's not as bad with them as he used to be when he was young but he still has trouble when he has to do something formal and wear a shirt, for example. The human mind is a most peculiar thing.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Speaks for itself. Do you have any irrational fears? Fears of stuff that you shouldn't be afraid of as it's not dangerous.
Yep, clowns. I really don't know why I don't like them either.. I just don't..

Also, darkness, to a degree. Only at times when my imagination is running loose, or when its too dark to see is when I fear it. I get all disoriented when I'm in a pitch black room..

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
Yep, clowns. I really don't know why I don't like them either.. I just don't..

Also, darkness, to a degree. Only at times when my imagination is running loose, or when its too dark to see is when I fear it. I get all disoriented when I'm in a pitch black room..
And yet you have an image of space in your avatar, which is nearly pitchblack :p!

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't like bees, wasps and other stinging insects. Heights also bother me, but only slightly, and not enough to stop me from going up high. Other than that, I don't have any phobias.

Status
Not open for further replies.