IRC connection directly from ADISC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yumi

Why was that removed? I don't really want to download the program I did before to be able to chat in IRC. I miss the connection that came from the site. It was a lot easier for me. Will this ever be put back up? :sweatdrop:

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Why was that removed? I don't really want to download the program I did before to be able to chat in IRC. I miss the connection that came from the site. It was a lot easier for me. Will this ever be put back up? :sweatdrop:
I imagine with all the traffic crashing adisc lately it was removed to save server space. If thats the case i would expect it to return shortly.

That or something conflicted with the upgrade so it was removed. Can't say for sure.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i think it randomly stopped working for no reason anybody could figure out.

anyway it sucked. don't use java chat, get a decent IRC client. you'll be glad you did. chatzilla runs as an extention of firefox -- it'll take you less than a minute to download and install it.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Asako, it is -much- better to get a dedicated client (mIRC and NoNameScript go together hand-in-hand) than to use a flash/java program.

IRC predates the internet itself. It may get a bit confusing to set the programs up, but once you do, it is awesome to use. I absolutely hate most forms of "smileys" and I stick to ASCII as much as possible, so I guess I'm just old-fashioned that way. :p

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If IRC predates the internet, does that mean the creators of IRC were psychics? since IRC is short for Internet Relay Chat? :p

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
If IRC predates the internet, does that mean the creators of IRC were psychics? since IRC is short for Internet Relay Chat? :p
I think he meant before the internet as we know it today.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, I was just pointing out don't confuse the "world wide web" with the Internet :p. IRC rocks, though.

Y

Yumi

i think it randomly stopped working for no reason anybody could figure out.

anyway it sucked. don't use java chat, get a decent IRC client. you'll be glad you did. chatzilla runs as an extention of firefox -- it'll take you less than a minute to download and install it.
I just said that I had one. I refuse to download any sort of program as all of them are stupid imho. I don't need to waste my computer space for something like that. I already had one and it was really a waste of space, I prefer logging in through the site. =/

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
mIRC is 3.4MB...That's hardly anything...Instant messaging things take up more space than it

1000th post!!!

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Chatzilla is a couple hundred KB how can that be wasting space?

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
231 KB to be exact. and it's not even a seperate program -- it's just a firefox add-on. it's the easiest thing imaginable.

i've never understood why people will refuse to download an IRC client, effectively cutting themself off from the community, because they think it'll be too difficult or complicated. IRC is how i made friends in ADISC -- i never would have been able to get to know people otherwise. it's basically where everything happens in this community. the forums are significantly less important, in my opinion. all the gritty, behind-the-scenes stuff happens in the IRC channel.

once you add chatzilla to your copy of firefox, all you have to do is go to the "tools" menu and choose "chatzilla" and you're instantly connected to a multitude of friends. it's so amazing that technology allows us to do that! it's well worth a 231 KB download.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Same here. I doubt I would last as long without the IRC chan.

If people need help setting it up there is a great guide on how to set mIRC up in the wiki.

I can help you with XChat

And for Chatzilla type :
Code:
/nick <yournick> (replace <yournick> with a nickname you want keep in mind that it can be in use already)

/server irc.blitzed.org
(wait until the server loads, you'll suddenly see a lot of text pass on the screen, this means that it's loaded)
Now:
Code:
/j #adisc
Start chatting!

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I agree that you might as well download chatzilla or mIRC. But if you really are against that, try this:
The Blitzed IRC Network

Channel is #ADISC.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Thanks Martin for the info! I was trying for a bit this morning on getting it working, and I couldn't.

But it's not connecting for me still. Anyone know why, or some possible reasons?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
When I type in

/
server irc.blitzed.org

it takes forever to load... then says it has timed out. It's just not letting me connect, I have no clue why.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Are you running any firewall software? and which IRC client?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Mickal had that same problem yesterday. Try going to eu.iso.bitzed.org in stead of irc.blitzed.org

it's not the prettiest solution as I'm having you connect to a UK server from the US but 1 I don't know which blitzed server is where and 2 I don't know which server is the bad one (eu.iso.blitzed.org isn't at least)

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well I'm two days late but thanks for the help! I just tried and it ended up working the regular way, the way I've been trying. Don't know why it decided to be nice now, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.